What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practices Thread

Renewed my tix yesterday and asked the rep if there would be fans at the Spring Game and he said very doubtful

btw what day is it?

Renewed my tix yesterday and asked the rep if there would be fans at the Spring Game and he said very doubtful

btw what day is it?
God that is so stupid. Even when we allowed whoever in there was plenty of space in a 53k stadium to let 3,000 fans in. The Nuggets and avs are letting 4,000 fans into a 20k indoor facility.

probably has more to do with the fact that we don’t even have enough lineman to do a real game.

God that is so stupid. Even when we allowed whoever in there was plenty of space in a 53k stadium to let 3,000 fans in. The Nuggets and avs are letting 4,000 fans into a 20k indoor facility.

probably has more to do with the fact that we don’t even have enough lineman to do a real game.
Yeah dumb.

My guess is it’s probably a Boulder County thing.

I would attend for sure if it’s open

Looks like a good QB competition. Lewis getting great reviews from Dorell. The QB coach is giving Shrout great reviews. Saying Lewis is farther along than when he arrived on campus, playing with confidence. They need to make a decision early in the fall.

Looks like a good QB competition. Lewis getting great reviews from Dorell. The QB coach is giving Shrout great reviews. Saying Lewis is farther along than when he arrived on campus, playing with confidence. They need to make a decision early in the fall.
Noyer 3rd string...where he should be.

Correct. Among other positions

I think they should hold off on making the decision in early fall. Probably better to wait.

Only if you believe all the coachspeak.

(Hint: you shouldn't)

How much does Chiv use analytics? Is it a key part of off/season and spring?

Here’s one...

If you complete a pass of 5+ yards on first play of drive, you have a 37 percent chance of scoring on that drive.

If the pass is incomplete, you have the same odds of scoring on that drive as if you had achieved 5 yards rushing on first down.

(Staples and Connelly)

Here’s one...

If you complete a pass of 5+ yards on first play of drive, you have a 37 percent chance of scoring on that drive.

If the pass is incomplete, you have the same odds of scoring on that drive as if you had achieved 5 yards rushing on first down.

(Staples and Connelly)
What does Staples and Connelly have to say about QB's that look like LB's and wear knee braces? Asking for a friend

Here’s one...

(Staples and Connelly)

I work for an analytics company so I'm biased, but this x100000, there aren't enough wonks on the offensive coaching staff – Chev seems to be more of a swagger/player coach than a program manager, but I hope he can prove me wrong

Here’s one...

(Staples and Connelly)
Do you have a link to this stuff? In this scenario, the takeaway is that you have the same odds of scoring on that drive while facing a 2nd and 10, via incomplete pass on first down, than a 2nd and 5 , via rush on first down. Did they provide reasoning or more context around why that was the case?

Do you have a link to this stuff? In this scenario, the takeaway is that you have the same odds of scoring on that drive while facing a 2nd and 10, via incomplete pass on first down, than a 2nd and 5 , via rush on first down. Did they provide reasoning or more context around why that was the case?
I hear this on his pod. I think it’s in Staples article as well where he coached FSU spring game.

2/10 means you should pass again twice. Crappy teams get 6.5 yards per attempt. Your chances remain good to get it on one of the next two passes or a third short.

they did not explain the thesis for the run.

I’ll have to look at the article.

Back