What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Team BBQ Thread

I actually think the list is kind of small. Maybe we should have invited some 18' prospects ? Or is that a no no?

It is intentionally small. It is a coach/team/family function ahead of fall camp. However, the event was so well received that they decided to expand it a bit by inviting currently committed recruits and some key recruiting targets to attend while making an unofficial visit to CU. It's somewhat challenging to pull this off within NCAA rules, as I understand it, because with it being an unofficial visit they actually have to account for the food provided to these visitors and charge them. I think it's something that will continue to grow, but the event is mostly about creating a family environment within the team rather than it being primarily focused on recruiting.

Weather:

Friday - High 95, Low 68 & Sunny (Rain 20%)
Saturday - High 94, Low 64 & Sunny (Rain 20%)
Sunday - High 88, Low 61 & Sunny (Rain 20%)

It is intentionally small. It is a coach/team/family function ahead of fall camp. However, the event was so well received that they decided to expand it a bit by inviting currently committed recruits and some key recruiting targets to attend while making an unofficial visit to CU. It's somewhat challenging to pull this off within NCAA rules, as I understand it, because with it being an unofficial visit they actually have to account for the food provided to these visitors and charge them. I think it's something that will continue to grow, but the event is mostly about creating a family environment within the team rather than it being primarily focused on recruiting.
Given that CU has always done best when the team is its own family unit (because guys come from all over and Boulder is a bit of an island), this is such an incredible event to have to build that kind of camaraderie.

Last edited:
Weather:

Friday - High 95, Low 68 & Sunny (Rain 20%)
Saturday - High 94, Low 64 & Sunny (Rain 20%)
Sunday - High 88, Low 61 & Sunny (Rain 20%)
Those Vegas guys (hopeful they are coming) might need to bring a long sleeve shirt! Going to be a beautiful weekend in Boulder. Couldn't ask for better.

What happened to Horton?

Horton can't make it out to CU this weekend for financial reasons but he plans to visit in August or early during the season instead.

I don't usually post premium links here, as I like to provide as much info for free but I just posted BBQ details, as well as a list of expected visitors on BuffStampede for those that are subscribers or those that might be interested in checking out our site: http://www.scout.com/college/colorado/forums/2898-stampede-elite/14845013-buffstampede-bits-bbq-event-details-visitors

I seem to remember Bak leaving on not such good terms. Great to see he is back and involved with the program again.

I seem to remember Bak leaving on not such good terms. Great to see he is back and involved with the program again.
He just wanted to win. Can't blame him for being frustrated with the situation and lots of his teammates packing it in.

It would be massive to get one or two of Rogers/Ellis/Perry/Bolden. Hope it happens. Of the group, the 2 DBs should really be jumping at this chance IMO.

I'm hoping for minimum Ellis + Perry or Bolden. All 4 obviously would be out of this world! But shoot a few more Top-300 kids on ESPN would keep that snowball going.

Tick, tick, tick... Is it too late for Nik to go on vacation this weekend?

I'm going on a short vacation tomorrow. Doing some family time in Wyoming. Hiking in the Casper area, so probably won't be connected much for a few days. (y)

It's amazing how much and how quickly Paige has transformed his body while working with McChesney. Those are some big boys at OL. And Lytle's height is absolutely legit.

Back