What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Team BBQ Thread

Nice. No Ali? I poked around his twitter and he seems set on SMU

He'll be very hard to flip. He is very happy with his SMU decision. Hard to see him changing his mind as long as they don't have a coaching change.

As near as I can tell, this is who made it and their status:

Attended:
WR Maurice Bell -CU Commit
TE Josh Falo - Interested but not near committing here or anywhere else soon
RB Alex Fontenot - CU Commit
DE Shamar Hamilton - Committed to CU on trip
WR Jaylon Jackson - CU Commit
ATH Isaiah Lewis - CU Commit
QB Tyler Lytle - CU Commit
ATH Chris Miller - CU Commit
CB Morrell Osling III - Committed to CU on trip
OT Heston Paige - CU Commit
CB Alex Perry - Interested and back near the top with ASU
OT Grant Polley - CU Commit
S Ray Robinson - 2018 prospect - High interest but waiting to commit for now
OG Casey Roddick - Raised to #1 on his board, potential commit soon
WR Laviska Shenault - CU Commit
OG Will Sherman - High interest, potential commit soon
OLB Jonathan Van Diest - CU Commit

Anyone have more info?

Last edited:
The BBQ concept is great but it's too bad that so few uncommitted guys were able to make it. I know it's tough when they have to pay their own way or they have scheduling conflicts. At any rate, what kinds of improvements can we see in this thing down the road? Is there a way they can improve participation? I love the idea.

The BBQ concept is great but it's too bad that so few uncommitted guys were able to make it. I know it's tough when they have to pay their own way or they have scheduling conflicts. At any rate, what kinds of improvements can we see in this thing down the road? Is there a way they can improve participation? I love the idea.
A few of the guys we are recruiting have already done unofficials, so a second trip to Colorado is tough to do.

In the future the coaches could probably do a better job of encouraging players to hold off on scheduling their UV's until the BBQ if possible

A few of the guys we are recruiting have already done unofficials, so a second trip to Colorado is tough to do.

In the future the coaches could probably do a better job of encouraging players to hold off on scheduling their UV's until the BBQ if possible
I'm not sure when the idea came up. Maybe it was somewhat "spur of the moment" with only a couple of months notice. If they decide to make this an annual thing, then I'm sure they will notify recruits much further in advance. All pure speculation on my part.

I'm not sure when the idea came up. Maybe it was somewhat "spur of the moment" with only a couple of months notice. If they decide to make this an annual thing, then I'm sure they will notify recruits much further in advance. All pure speculation on my part.
Not sure I agree with you, DBT. I would prefer that it remain semi-small so those in attendance feel like they're receiving the red carpet treatment. I'm not sure the event would have had the same impact on the 2 OL, Perry, and (maybe) Falo if they were JAG in attendance.

This is the 2nd year in a row they've done this

It sounds like the BBQ was a rousing success. It solidified some guys that were leaning CU, and moved CU into stronger consideration with some guys that just had CU on their list. I wouldn'the change anything.

As for delaying visits, I think this is a bad idea under any circumstances. If a player wants to visit Boulder, make it happen ASAP. I think MM has already learned his lesson on this one.

Guys, the BBQ occurs 2 weekends before fall camp when players are moving in and getting situated. This is a team function with player & coach families.

Secondarily, some key recruits are invited to come and the BBQ also serves that secondary purpose. But this is not primarily a recruiting event.

Guys, the BBQ occurs 2 weekends before fall camp when players are moving in and getting situated. This is a team function with player & coach families.

Secondarily, some key recruits are invited to come and the BBQ also serves that secondary purpose. But this is not primarily a recruiting event.
Thanks for the clarification nik. I wasn't really aware of any of that.

On balance this is a great idea/event for the team and recruits and recruiting. My only worry with this becoming a recruiting tool (not event, but still a tool) is what happens to the uncommitted recruit(s) who don't get invited.

I can imagine a UCLA recruiter in a conversation with a recruit "oh they didn't invite you to the team bbq? All the recruits they really wanted got invited..."

On balance this is a great idea/event for the team and recruits and recruiting. My only worry with this becoming a recruiting tool (not event, but still a tool) is what happens to the uncommitted recruit(s) who don't get invited.

I can imagine a UCLA recruiter in a conversation with a recruit "oh they didn't invite you to the team bbq? All the recruits they really wanted got invited..."

If UCLA is recruiting him, he's getting an invite.

Do you really think that they wouldn't invite every recruit on their radar? I'm sure a great many were invited but weren't there either because of other commitments (such as high school practice starting up already), lack of funds (not every family can afford a trip to Boulder on their own dime), or simply because we're not high enough on their list.

We got juice boxes for everyone who didn't get an invite.

Back