What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Texas A&M Pregame / Game Thread

They're a bunch of creepy weirdos. Especially the corps
I never visited Kyle Field for a game. I've heard it is an amazing experience, and the graciousness of the aTm hosts is off the charts.

So I don't have any animosity toward aTm whatsoever.

But those ****ing creepy authoritative corps weirdos? I served with some of them, and they tend to be pretty ****ing odd.

It’s OK to have a difference of opinion without attaching. They have deep and good CFB traditions. (And great fans)
I acknowledged the good Aggie fans in post #156.

Again, I served with some corps grads (dozens?) over the span of a few decades. I remember all of them as feeling a bit "off" from my perspective in a weird authoritative sort of way.

In my normal life, I would say, "the story I make up about Aggie Corps, is that they are a little authoritative" so that I could acknowledge my own judgments.

But this college football. A place where nothing is rational. The whole pursuit of fandom is about the celebration of judgments.

So I think that the corps is made up of a bunch of Nazi weirdos. And I think you're a big ****ing weirdo too.

As a school tradition, this whole chant thing is their pep rally the night before a game. As a school tradition, it’s actually pretty amazing. They used to do it with a gigantic bonfire (you might remember the tragedy of the bon fire collapse in 1999).

I agree the corps (yell leaders) are weird

Again, I served with some corps grads (dozens?) over the span of a few decades. I remember all of them as feeling a bit "off" from my perspective in a weird authoritative sort of way.

In my normal life, I would say, "the story I make up about Aggie Corps, is that they are a little authoritative" so that I could acknowledge my own judgments.

But this college football. A place where nothing is rational. The whole pursuit of fandom is about the celebration of judgments.

So I think that the corps is made up of a bunch of Nazi weirdos. And I think you're a big ****ing weirdo too.
I hear ya. I grew up screaming WPS.

The Aggie Corps fans I served with used to make fun of Razorback fans for being uptight and a little dense. I've never had an opinion about it.

The few normals I know who went to A&M go out of there way to make sure people know that they didn't serve in the Corps. It's funny watching them find ways to work it into a conversation.

My brother who went to the Air Force Academy had a comment once about private military schools that probably fits better for aTm "It has it's reason at the academy but why would anyone choose to do that **** if you don't have to."

Just an aside, I knew 2 very intelligent folks who enrolled at TAMU. Both left after their freshman years and said it was a really weird environment. One was a west Texan and one was from the Denver burbs. Went on to great success elsewhere….I guess A&M is not for everyone.

I've been looking at A&M fan sites this week, to see articles and online chatter about tomorrow's game. Allbuffs has a (very funny and skilled) tradition of weekly posting "look-a-like" photos of opposing teams' players. The primary Aggies fan site apparently has a tradition of posting a "hotties" thread featuring female students from the upcoming week's opponent school. It garnered my attention for reasons, including that it featured several friends of my fairly recently graduated CU daughter. So look, or not, at this week's Aggies "Colorado Hotties" thread. https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3224913
Hey Aggies - Get your GD eyes off our women!!

💣💥Godwin’ed

I have great admiration for any fanbase that supports their program at a high level. I also acknowledge that some of them are odd, including the A&M fans but I still admire their fandom despite some of these quirks. Come on, that's what makes college football so awesome and unique!
I’m all for pageantry and traditions, but these fans get to come to Denver for an away trip for the first time in over a decade and they choose to spend their night at West high school doing the same thing they do back in College Station. To each their own I guess

I’m all for pageantry and traditions, but these fans get to come to Denver for an away trip for the first time in over a decade and they choose to spend their night at West high school doing the same thing they do back in College Station. To each their own I guess

Meh, it's just one of their traditions, albeit an odd one. I'm assuming this was yell practice, I think one of the other times they played CU they got together at the captial for yell practice. This is something they presumably do for every road game, I know they have a big thing at Kyle Field before home games.

Back