What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Utah “Yutes” Hate Thread

I think hates for another program stems from their arrogance. There is some of that in that thread, but it’s nowhere close to the Nebraska
Nebraska fans are arrogant and have no sense of humor or any perspective whatsoever. Defining feature of Utah peeps so far is insecurity. Insecurity about BYU, insecurity about their place in CFB, etc. They are wittier than nubs, but that's a low low bar

I think hates for another program stems from their arrogance. There is some of that in that thread, but it’s nowhere close to the Nebraska
It’s hard to imagine Utah as a rival. They’re just… irrelevant. No tradition. No history really that I’m aware of.

rivalry with Nebraska has a long history. They’re extremely arrogant and quite annoying.

Nothing I read in that thread is untrue. Our OC has no history of using a TE in the passing game.
Of course, that will change because he certainly didn't pursue this kid to block!

I'm in Utah a lot. They have a radio station 97.5 I think that is all sports all the time. And it's almost all Utes vs BYU. They live and breath CFB and NCAA MBB just like we do here. Kyle W is the best football coach in the PAC12 and perhaps in the country. They feel they deserve to keep moving up in recruiting, but it never seems to catch up what they do on the field each year. They go toe-to-toe with Oregon and USC but they take a back seat in recruiting. And now they have to do the same with CP and that would piss us off also.

The Nub boards and all the opponents boards are filled with doubters that CP can CEO this thing and make it all work, long term or quickly. Time will tell.

Nothing I read in that thread is untrue. Our OC has no history of using a TE in the passing game.
Of course, that will change because he certainly didn't pursue this kid to block!

I'm in Utah a lot. They have a radio station 97.5 I think that is all sports all the time. And it's almost all Utes vs BYU. They live and breath CFB and NCAA MBB just like we do here. Kyle W is the best football coach in the PAC12 and perhaps in the country. They feel they deserve to keep moving up in recruiting, but it never seems to catch up what they do on the field each year. They go toe-to-toe with Oregon and USC but they take a back seat in recruiting. And now they have to do the same with CP and that would piss us off also.

The Nub boards and all the opponents boards are filled with doubters that CP can CEO this thing and make it all work, long term or quickly. Time will tell.
Maybe you didn’t read the entire thread…..

“Here's an apt comparison:

You own a regulation sized basketball hoop. If someone dunks on it you get fame, fortune, and untold riches.

There is a dude that is 5'6" that tells you it would be foolish to pick anybody else because he's recently done a 360 dunk on a 7 foot rim, so why not a 10 foot rim? #wecoming

There is a dude that is 6'6" with a reputation for jumping out of the gym, even relative to his already impressive height. That guy guarantees he will dunk on your rim and get you paid as long as you come through on the bare minimum.

You choose the 5'6" dude because he's "enthusiastic" and "energetic" and then you're surprised when it turns out he was lying his **** off to manipulate you into selecting his program. Meanwhile the 6'6" guy goes on to embarrass his opponents with 360 dunks.

Pretty much "Coach Prime" vs. Utah and Seydou chose Colorado...”

You own a regulation sized basketball hoop. If someone dunks on it you get fame, fortune, and untold riches.

There is a dude that is 5'6" that tells you it would be foolish to pick anybody else because he's recently done a 360 dunk on a 7 foot rim, so why not a 10 foot rim? #wecoming

There is a dude that is 6'6" with a reputation for jumping out of the gym, even relative to his already impressive height. That guy guarantees he will dunk on your rim and get you paid as long as you come through on the bare minimum.

You choose the 5'6" dude because he's "enthusiastic" and "energetic" and then you're surprised when it turns out he was lying his **** off to manipulate you into selecting his program. Meanwhile the 6'6" guy goes on to embarrass his opponents with 360 dunks.

I'm confused. Are you suggesting that BYI students are short?

Since it seems like we may now have a rivalry with our neighbors to the west, I thought it wise to start this thread. These ****ers really are pathetic. For 247 subscribers, have a look at this thread. My hate for them is growing by the day.

I have room in my heart for more hate… Utah blows AND NUBS Suck.

so, for a team like utah, if you can't develop a natural hate, you have to seek out triggers. the OP here visited one of their boards and this is a time proven method to trigger some hate.

sure, the utes have a hard time being as offensive as usc or the fuskers, but who doesn't? but, give them credit for trying their darnedest to be mean to us.

then, once you have that as a base, allow them to visit here and say stupid things. these are not sophisticated, experienced trolls like we are used to seeing, but find a kernel of something in one of their "barbs" and let the hate build inside you.

then, unleash all barrels at the same time at these poor innocent ones. don't hold back, let it all out. go ahead and channel some of that built up rage you have against our real enemies flow out of you at the utes. the good thing about our rage is that is like solar powered or nuclear fusion. you don't have to worry about using it up. there is an endless supply.

then, examine the smoking charred remains of the ute target and be satisfied.

Things are progressing well. We have now reached the "Tortured Analogy" portion of describing our greatness.

I’ve been to two Buffs games at Rice-Eccles. I can assure you, Ute fans are not hard to hate.
This. Went to one game there and I had no idea how arrogant they are. They blew us out that game and the amount of trash talk the fans went out of their way to spew at us was astounding. They’ve been consistently good, but never special enough to win a national title, Heisman, etc. so that level of arrogance is confusing. Up there with USC fans in my most hated list, but at least USC has history.

They are quite insecure and pathetic for it. They should be enjoying the moment more

They are. They go out of their way to point out how irrelevant we've been recently and how well they've done since joining the P12, congrats dudes, but at the same time seem to get incredibly worked up over a TE from Arkansas State turning them down for us. Go figure.

They are. They go out of their way to point out how irrelevant we've been recently and how well they've done since joining the P12, congrats dudes, but at the same time seem to get incredibly worked up over a TE from Arkansas State turning them down for us. Go figure.

They know who they are.

They are at their max level, they're losing the only big recruiting edge they had over their in-state rival, and "Whitt" is getting older.

Congrats to them for winning those Pac titles, but I get the fear and insecurity. They are going to be looking back on these days as their glory years, and they're not even sniffing a CFP, much less a natty.

Back