What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Washington Game Thread

Heading back to Florida. Had a great time at the reunion/game. I haven’t been to a game in Folsom since 2010 so it was really cool to see all the facility improvements.
That high dollar tailgate area on the field east of the stadium was particularly excellent.
Sat/stood with the students in the front row above the southeast corner of the end zone. Great energy and enthusiasm.
Eaking out a victory was gravy.
i won’t wait 10 years to come back.

I'm sure this has been discussed, but that was a misleading win. We were out yarded 435 - 183, but forced 3 turnovers without making one ourselves. We could hardly move the ball and UW marched right down the field most drives.

Sometimes being lucky is better than being good.

Congratulations on beating the most arrogant squad of weakling has beens that don't understand who they are in the PAC. Hate UW almost as much as USC and ASU. Now I will disappear for a few weeks. Respect CU. Of course we aren't rivals and may never be. Who cares and whatever. And Huskers continue sucking. May Frost and Martinez continue their destiny of gaining 10 moral victories next year too.

I’m not saying the offense was great, just that the defense was even worse. How we managed to win that game is a miracle.’
Most of my friends think that the D was great... Look at the score!

Look at UW struggles on offense I say.

Look how CU completely shut down the UW running game on running downs. That's a recipe to succeed! We are stout and talented up front, as predicted by anyone who's been watching the last few years (Sami, Lang, Mustafa plus decent depth to spell).

I always thought that if we could stay healthy up front, oh man, this D is going to be special!

And early in the season I was told over and again, the D is fine, they're just on the field too much.

They are not fine. They are the most poorly coached unit in the league, if not all of CFB.

3rd and long all day long because, we got hosses up front. And time after time, they executed 15, 20, 25 yard gains on 3rd down.
Seriously frustrating. This D, if well coached, stonewall this UW unit all day long.

I am not taking anything from the kids. They played hard all day, and hung in there. Wells is a stud. A bunch of good players, and guys who've let it all out on the line for this team. I salute them. But can we fire Chris Wilson yet?

Well, I suppose if we only look at first and second down defense, we were fine.

And the second drive was only kept alive by a roughing the passer penalty on a key 3rd down play that otherwise fell 1 yard short of the required distance.
Don’t get me started on that. Most of our 3rd down throws were short of the sticks. And none of our throws seem to go to a WR on the move. They are almost all thrown to a stationary receiver. Does anyone know if Chev has been prohibited from calling shallow crossing routes on the off chance that it will cause our opponents to remember that we can’t stop them?

Well, I suppose if we only look at first and second down defense, we were fine.
The defensive scheme on third down was a complete joke. You had linebackers in coverage who you could tell had no idea what they were doing.

I’m not saying the offense was great, just that the defense was even worse. How we managed to win that game is a miracle.’
Outside of the one big play, the defense did bend-don’t-break and made UW take enough plays to move down the field that they eventually screwed up. It was ugly but effective. Ultimately the yards don’t count and the defense held the huskies to 17 points. The offense was flat out garbage for most of the game

Outside of the one big play, the defense did bend-don’t-break and made UW take enough plays to move down the field that they eventually screwed up. It was ugly but effective. Ultimately the yards don’t count and the defense held the huskies to 17 points. The offense was flat out garbage for most of the game
Washington wins without the lucky scoop 6

Seems like such a ridiculous argument on whether the D or the O was worse/better. It was pathetic on both sides of the ball. Turnovers lost it for the Huskies, period. We had no business winning that game. Chev has to go and he can take Wilson with him.

The defensive scheme on third down was a complete joke. You had linebackers in coverage who you could tell had no idea what they were doing.
Usually, at least one blitzed the QB, but was too slow getting there. This left at least one receiver (often tight end or running back) uncovered.

Is this quote from Dorrell bothering anyone else as much as it is me?

I hope someone aggregates KD quotes at the end of the year. Some really bad ones like the “good” comment after aTm game.

I find this level of unawareness inconsistent with being a good leader.

Is this quote from Dorrell bothering anyone else as much as it is me?

He’s 100% correct though. The team managed to win a game when both the offense and defense played terribly. That’s going to happen a lot so Dorrell’s only hope is to somehow win games they have absolutely no business winning based on the actual quality of their play.

He’s 100% correct though. The team managed to win a game when both the offense and defense played terribly. That’s going to happen a lot so Dorrell’s only hope is to somehow win games they have absolutely no business winning based on the actual quality of their play.
But it in no way should define you. The things to say after a win like that are “..we were fortunate and opportunistic...we teach how to be in the right position to take advantage of mistakes the other side makes..we did a great job of that today..but we have sooo much to work on and improve...all we should take away from this game is that”.

Defining moments are only determined in hindsight. Nebraska in 86 was defining because of what the team went on to do. Oklahoma in 2007 was a bigger upset but not a defining moment because the team never went anywhere from there

But it in no way should define you. The things to say after a win like that are “..we were fortunate and opportunistic...we teach how to be in the right position to take advantage of mistakes the other side makes..we did a great job of that today..but we have sooo much to work on and improve...all we should take away from this game is that”.
Won a game against average Pac team with freshman QB and without best offensive and defensive player available. Just take it and hope quality of play improves.

Back