What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official WNIT Thread (Selection on Monday, 3/13)

Article on today's win - http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/3/...-66-52-win-over-unlv-in-wnit-first-round.aspx

"
BOULDER – The Colorado women's basketball team needed a quarter on Thursday night to shed the cobwebs of a two-week layoff. With that done, the Buffaloes rolled to a 66-52 first-round WNIT win against UNLV at the Coors Events Center.

"We just were rusty," CU coach JR Payne said of her team's unattractive start. "You want to be able to come out and be clicking on all cylinders, but the reality is that is not super easy to do when you haven't played in two weeks. It wasn't the prettiest early."

NEXT UP: The Buffs travel to South Dakota State for a second-round WNIT game on Sunday at 1 p.m. MDT.
"

Last edited:
Congrats! Win and Advance! Next game on the road and probably a big crowd.

It isn't all that far from me, but I am recuperating from surgery and can't drive. That means I will be watching/listening online.

Go Buffs!

I was unable to attend the game due to a prior commitment. Great to see the Buffs got things going after the first quarter and not surprised they were rusty. They had over two weeks between games which isn't the optimal situation heading into the post season. Perhaps in the future the Pac 12 will remedy this situation.

One of the issues CU has had this season is rebounding. It looks like that wasn't a problem last night. Also liked that Kennedy only had one turnover in 38 minutes. Wow. Like many close games the Buffs have won this season, one factor was solid perimeter shooting. I know the percents weren't high for the whole game, but there were timely treys and Kennedy had it going. And Alexis was showing how her athleticism can make a difference on both ends (5 steals).

South Dakota State is going to be a real challenge on Sunday. They'll have a full house and a lot of momentum. Looks like they have a tremendous shooter in Madison Guebert, a 5-8 sophomore from Apple Valley, MN. She's hitting .436 from three point range and .852 from the line.

SDSU has averaged 1845 in attendance at home this season in Frost Arena - capacity 6500.

Buffs had also taken 5 days off, then a couple days of just conditioning before getting back to basketball and game prep.

Rest of our league can't like watching this. A lot of teams are going to wish they had hired our coach.

I had hoped this team would get better this year but this has to exceed almost anyone's expectations. And with the young women we have coming in it will only get better.

Back