What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Officially off the Macintyre bandwagon

You mean players like Sefo, Lindsay and Bobo? And weren’t we complaining the Hawkins didn’t bring his entire staff?
Yes. It signalled to me he would not make the hard decisions necessary to get into the next level. "Mr nice guy." Which is why he kept Baer, Neinas, Jeffcoat etc etc way too long

I just don’t think CU is built to be good every year. There was a time under McCartney when the whole state supported CU and we were second only the Broncos. That time is long gone. With all the transplants to Colorado, the support of CU has completely fallen apart (diluted). To add further fuel to the fire, it is a huge commitment to actually see a CU game (poor distribution and awful game start times). The only way this gets better is if we luck into a great coach and can somehow keep him around. The odds of that are pretty low.

CU may not be built to be good every year, but for different reasons than you cite. MacIntyre favors player development and senior laden teams over recruiting. As a result, you tend to get cycles of ups and downs.

The transplants and growth of the state are huge positives. We have many fans on this forum that neither attended CU or grew up in Colorado.

Yes. It signalled to me he would not make the hard decisions necessary to get into the next level. "Mr nice guy." Which is why he kept Baer, Neinas, Jeffcoat etc etc way too long

Is he Mr. Nice Guy or the dick who screams at his son to get off the field?

I just don’t think CU is built to be good every year. There was a time under McCartney when the whole state supported CU and we were second only the Broncos. That time is long gone. With all the transplants to Colorado, the support of CU has completely fallen apart (diluted). To add further fuel to the fire, it is a huge commitment to actually see a CU game (poor distribution and awful game start times). The only way this gets better is if we luck into a great coach and can somehow keep him around. The odds of that are pretty low.
I don’t buy that at all. There are 120,000 CU alums in the state. There are ove a quarter million alums everywhere. There are 33,000 students on campus. Probably 4,000 to 5,000 graduate each year. Last year we saw what the fan base can be if we build a winning program. A CU ticket costs around $65 for a game. In today’s entertainment world, that’s a bargain.

Last edited:
Very difficult to stay on the bandwagon when the coach punts and effectively kills any chance his team has to win. It is easy to second guess, but I didn’t see the Buffs D make any stops in the second half, especially in the 4th quarter....maybe he thought that his tired and beat down front 7 was miraculously going to make a stand. The last O series should have been based on 4 downs all the way

Very difficult to stay on the bandwagon when the coach punts and effectively kills any chance his team has to win. It is easy to second guess, but I didn’t see the Buffs D make any stops in the second half, especially in the 4th quarter....maybe he thought that his tired and beat down front 7 was miraculously going to make a stand. The last O series should have been based on 4 downs all the way
As always this is clear the next morning. I tend to agree but the choice wasn’t crystal clear. The odds of making some 16 yards (?) vs the possibility of a fumble on the punt return, a miracle rising of the defense - really getting into the situation was the problem, there were no good options at that point.

It was 4th and 15. Odds of getting a first down we’re slim to none. Their pass rush was getting to Montez. A punt would pin ‘em inside the 20 with 3 minutes left and all our timeouts. But **** all that. Mac should’ve gone for it. I agree.

The mindset should have been go for it from 3rd down and call a play that got some or all of it on 3rd. It's as if they were going to always punt.

I'm a Buffalo Bills fan and have seen some of the worst punt calls in the history of the NFL. Not sure this one was that, but it was bad non the less.

I get the reason he punted but, I didn't agree with it because how the defense was playing. I think they were gassed anyway.

Running that reverse pass may have worked earlier in the game when, you know, ASU still had to defend the run. In last nights situation, they were playing pass, pass and nothing but the pass. Stupid waste of a down.

Is that what happened? I thought he saw it wrong and was arguing that it was a missed targeting of a defenseless player.
Granted- I had a few beers last night, but the only words I'm reasonably confident that I could make out via lip reading were "GET UP, GET UP!"

The targeting thing is what the announcers said, but I don't think there was any way you could have mistaken that hit for a targeting.

Bruh I was off the bandwagon when he decided to bring like 7 SJSU coaches and bring in all of Embrees terrible recruits no questions asked

I agree on the staff not on the recruits. Almost every one of those recruits have contributed - and looking at MacIntyre's recruiting it is doubtful that he had better candidates in the wings.

CU may not be built to be good every year, but for different reasons than you cite. MacIntyre favors player development and senior laden teams over recruiting. As a result, you tend to get cycles of ups and downs.

The transplants and growth of the state are huge positives. We have many fans on this forum that neither attended CU or grew up in Colorado.

Mike Bohn killed CU's fan base - you go to the games and the stands are half to 2/3s full. The Cal game was a beautiful day and the stadium was not half full at kickoff - filled up a little later. In the 90s and early 2000s a bad conference game was 45000 now that is a good game. Season tickets sales are way down from the early 2000s when we peaked at around 23000. Increase population is not helping CU football.

The fan base will be back if we start winning consistently. Guarantee bitches. So, HCMM needs to clean house (mostly), like the Brian Kelley model.

It was 4th and 15. Odds of getting a first down we’re slim to none. Their pass rush was getting to Montez. A punt would pin ‘em inside the 20 with 3 minutes left and all our timeouts. But **** all that. Mac should’ve gone for it. I agree.
He should have gone for it. If they come up short, ASU takes possession which is the same result as a punt anyway so f**king go for it. Field position doesn't matter because with only 3 minutes left, he needs his defense to force a 3 and out regardless where on the field ASU takes over. Punting was a terrible decision IMO.

I agree on the staff not on the recruits. Almost every one of those recruits have contributed - and looking at MacIntyre's recruiting it is doubtful that he had better candidates in the wings.

Mike Bohn killed CU's fan base - you go to the games and the stands are half to 2/3s full. The Cal game was a beautiful day and the stadium was not half full at kickoff - filled up a little later. In the 90s and early 2000s a bad conference game was 45000 now that is a good game. Season tickets sales are way down from the early 2000s when we peaked at around 23000. Increase population is not helping CU football.

CU may not be taking full advantage of population growth, but that is different than citing it as a weakness. The original statement made no sense.

I am also not arguing that Mike Bohn had serious flaws as an AD. Ten years of losing didn’t help. Fan experience can and should be improved. Rick George has been making strides but isnt a miracle worker.

Yeah, CU would be so much better off with declining population and a stagnant economy. Worked for Kansas!

Especially when the increase comes from transplants clutching their "home" team gear.....
Go to a game at any top program and you will realize quickly that most of the fans at the stadium never set foot in a classroom at that school. Nothing wrong with that. Bring their money into the program and build from there.

Not on or off the bandwagon-I don't favor firing him right now because we'd owe him $16m, but if Ole Miss were take him off our hands....I'm not going to be sad.....That said, whatever goodwill MM had earned for last year is gone if we finish 5-7, and he's also on the hot seat going into next year. No excuse for missing a bowl when you have an FCS team, a glorified FCS team, and CSU (who MM is 4-1 against during his time here).

Go to a game at any top program and you will realize quickly that most of the fans at the stadium never set foot in a classroom at that school. Nothing wrong with that. Bring their money into the program and build from there.
Then all CU has to do is become a top program....

Running that reverse pass may have worked earlier in the game when, you know, ASU still had to defend the run. In last nights situation, they were playing pass, pass and nothing but the pass. Stupid waste of a down.

What made that play call even more stupid is that if that play works and we score asu would have had 4 minutes left to take the lead right back from a gassed defense.

What made that play call even more stupid is that if that play works and we score asu would have had 4 minutes left to take the lead right back from a gassed defense.
Yeah. The goal should’ve been to eat the clock, be methodical, get positive yards on first and second downs and score with as little time left as possible. Instead, we run a hurry up, try high risk plays on first and second downs, get into a hole and punt.

Jeffcoat and Bernardi have created a long term structural problem with the lack of OL and DL recruiting and development that will take a while to fix. MikMac is fooling himself. Next year the last of the Embo guys recruited for the OL and DL will be gone, and then the problem will be obvious to all. Embo was not lights out on the OL and DL, but miles ahead of MikMac.

It is odd, MikMac has brought in pretty solid players in all other areas, he has to know how bad the trenches are but refuses to make any significant changes. Baffling.

Need 2 staff changes along with the 10th assistant. All 3 will be position coaches and they had better have some recruiting chops.

As much as we're disappointed with recruiting, there is still a chance we end up in the top 40 of both recruiting services.

In the early ‘90s many of the people that attended the games grew up in Colorado but did not go to CU. CU was seen as the flagship university and people thought of CU with pride. When I speak to people now, few care about CU and especially CU football. They care only about whatever school they went to before they moved here. Certainly winning can turn this around, but it is an uphill battle when you factor in a constantly broke AD, a University that cares little about the value the program brings, a front range population that cares only about the teams “back home”, little chance of seeing CU on TV on a channel that anyone gets or at a decent time and a local media that prefers to “tear down CU” rather than build it up.

We did not have these obstacles when McCartney was around (or at least many of them were not as pronounced). Winning at CU is more difficult than most jobs. It’s certainly possible, but difficult.

I’m not off the bandwagon but if he doesn’t make some coaching changes in the offseason I will reconsider.

Back