What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Officially off the Macintyre bandwagon

Denver_sc

Club Member
Club Member
I accept the Buffs losing tonight, although it was a very disappointing game.

However, MMs conduct with 38 seconds left apalled me. One of his football players whom he professes to care so deeply for is clearly injured and he's screaming at the kid to get up so they won't have a 10 second runoff when the game was already over. Oh, by the way- the kid was his son. Disgusting. There are bigger things in life than trying to lose by less than a score, and the health of your child should be one of them.

I could even look past that behavior if MM presented himself as a "Win at all Costs" sort of personality, but he's constantly told us what a good guy he is, and how he wants more than winning to mold these kids into men.

**** him.

It looked like he was screaming “get off the field.” I hope not, but I think that’s what he was mad about. I deleted the recording after Montez’ INT so I can’t go back and look.

I think you read that specific situation wrong. I'm not off the bandwagon yet, but these games leave me with some questions. You should never lose to a Todd Graham team when up by 10 in the second half

I saw him yelling to an official and signalling a personal foul. I think he saw the hit as being illegal.

He was clearly screaming "get up" to avoid the ten second runoff. There was no targeting to be called there.

I wasn't happy with him yelling for his injured kid to get up and off the field either. He's had a few bad moments like when he was berating that one ref for way too long

Bruh I was off the bandwagon when he decided to bring like 7 SJSU coaches and bring in all of Embrees terrible recruits no questions asked

I'm not a fan of MM and except for last season haven't been sold on him. But to think he doesn't care about his own kid is ridiculous. Hell, he seems to love his players. He loses his cool at times, but I think he was calling out the refs for not throwing a flag.

I haven't really seen him lash out on someone that wasn't a ref or assistant coach. I think people just want more reasons to not like him. Benefit of the doubt goes to Mac.

We've lived with fact that MM isn't a great recruiter because he was supposedly a strong leader and role model for the kids and an organized game day coach whose teams would play smart, disciplined football and play above their talent. We're not seeing any of that this year. Between the sideline tantrums, poor game management and numerous mental errors on the field, my support of MM is quickly eroding. Credit is due for pulling this program out of the gutter, but it feels like MM is quickly reaching his ceiling.

The OP is right on. MM was acting a lunatic bc Jay didn't get up and run off the field. I don't think the implication is he doesn't care about his son, the implication is you don't do that to any player, let alone your son. Mrs. MM is heated I'm sure.

The OP is right on. MM was acting a lunatic bc Jay didn't get up and run off the field. I don't think the implication is he doesn't care about his son, the implication is you don't do that to any player, let alone your son. Mrs. MM is heated I'm sure.

Well if I'm wrong then he willl have hell to pay. When your boss calls you out then you can quit. He has to live with his wife. Let's hope for his sake he was mad about a non flag.

The team was down 11 points anyway. With 36 seconds left. Not sure why he was screaming anyway.

I was at the game so I didn’t have the benefit of replay or analysis. I’m still wondering how the Hell we lose to a team like that. We had the game won. Won. It was over. ASU was demoralized and was ready to give up. We have the ball, up 10 points and a chance to put the stake in their heart and promptly go three and out. We gave the game away.

Who is to blame for that? I really don’t know. I know I’m pissed off.

No. Mike McIntyre is a good coach. Tough year, couple tough games. If we continue to implode the rest of the year and into next year, maybe this conversation would be appropriate. But he’s got my loyalty still because I know this is college football.

I’ve never been on any “Mike McIntyre Bandwagon.” He’s just one of those coaches with enough flaws that one can never be quite sure how you feel about the guy. He does enough good things that I’m, like, “Well, maybe he’s pretty good and maybe my apprehensions are wrong.” Then there are games like last night where you question whether or not he can get us to that upper echelon of programs. I just have a gut feeling that with him at the helm we will always be knocking on the door and, occasionally, we will be let in but more often no one will open it.

Gawd, it’s almost 5am and I’ve woken up and am laying here with that horrible “we lost a game we should’ve won” pit in my stomach. There have been way to many 5am’s like this. Last year was so much more enjoyable. I feel like 2015 all over again with all the close losses. They just take something out of me. I want to be a fan of a program that rolls out wins year in and year out. Not a program that has an occasional good year. I don’t want to always be “The Rise” program. I want to be a juggernaut program that other teams fear. “The Feared.” That’s what I want our team mantra to be!

at a minimum he needs a bunch of staff changes..... it is now becoming crystal clear that you cant win by recruiting dbs and wideouts exclusivly

I just don’t think CU is built to be good every year. There was a time under McCartney when the whole state supported CU and we were second only the Broncos. That time is long gone. With all the transplants to Colorado, the support of CU has completely fallen apart (diluted). To add further fuel to the fire, it is a huge commitment to actually see a CU game (poor distribution and awful game start times). The only way this gets better is if we luck into a great coach and can somehow keep him around. The odds of that are pretty low.

Back