What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oh, there's no need for an IPF in Boulder

Yeah, let's all over-plan for that five hundred year event!

This thread sounds like my wife: a few dribbles of water in a basement which has been bone-dry for twenty years and its "we gotta build french drains and mudjack the whole place"----at a cost of a mere several thousand dinero! Shady contractors make a real good living from people like her.

well, good thing we don't have one. Given it would be next to Boulder Creek, it would not be usable right now. Also, if this gets bad enough, might not have to worry about family housing getting in the way of an IPF. :lol:

well, good thing we don't have one. Given it would be next to Boulder Creek, it would not be usable right now. Also, if this gets bad enough, might not have to worry about family housing getting in the way of an IPF. :lol:

Ding ding ding.

There is no way they'd hold practice in a flood plain today.

Thats why the plan to put the IPF down by the creek doesn't make any sense. It should be up next to Franklin on the north side. If they are going to build it, it needs to be built in a place that can be used 24/7/365 every year

Thats why the plan to put the IPF down by the creek doesn't make any sense. It should be up next to Franklin on the north side. If they are going to build it, it needs to be built in a place that can be used 24/7/365 every year
Agree. Wouldn't it cost way more to build it in the Boulder Creek floodplain due to flood insurance issues?

Flooding like this is extremely rare. There's no good reason to change the location of the proposed IPF over this. This is a once-in-a-lifetime event.

Flooding like this is extremely rare. There's no good reason to change the location of the proposed IPF over this. This is a once-in-a-lifetime event.

I'm kind of hoping that this directs some disaster relief funds that can be used for the structural enhancements around Boulder Creek that had previously been a big part of the budget for the facilities project. I'd expect Benson to lobby for that.

That's a conversation for next week, though. Sorry. Today is all about keeping people safe.

I can't see CU getting approval to build in a flood plain, or get insurance anytime soon after this event.

I can't see CU getting approval to build in a flood plain, or get insurance anytime soon after this event.
CU doesn't have to get approval. CU is a state agency and can build wherever the Hell it wants to. The State would self insure. Lots of wild assumptions flying around in this thread.

Back