What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Okay Fassel haters. What NFL names would excite you?

Oh screw it. Let's just hire fake Singletary. :lol:
[video=youtube;DdQTCOI_MVY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdQTCOI_MVY[/video]

I haven't thought much about NFL guys, but the one name I do think about is Mike Nolan.

He hasn't coached in college for 15 years, but Oregon/Stanford/Rice/LSU is on his resume. He is a western US guy who is known in the Denver area. He's also one hell of a defensive coordinator.

I could get excited about Nolan.

Where in the heck is Nolan, anyway?

Second biggest mistake that POS McDaniels ever made.

BTW - **** McDaniels and **** whoever thinks that asshole should ever cross the CO border again.

BTW - **** McDaniels and **** whoever thinks that asshole should ever cross the CO border again.

Nolan is currently DC with Atlanta. Rumor has it that Atlanta is having a decent season.

He will, for the AFC Championship Game.

I haven't thought much about NFL guys, but the one name I do think about is Mike Nolan.

He hasn't coached in college for 15 years, but Oregon/Stanford/Rice/LSU is on his resume. He is a western US guy who is known in the Denver area. He's also one hell of a defensive coordinator.

I could get excited about Nolan.

I think we all could get excited about Nolan. Gotta figure he is looking for a new HC gig in pros though. SD?

I say we hire McDaniels just to hear Alfred's head explode on live radio. :lol:

I used to be a sports talk junkie. Now, I can't stand to listen to any of the insufferable blowhards we have in this town.

Me too. I don't listen nearly as much anymore. Not much worth a damn anymore. Mike Evans, Joel Klatt and Les Shapiro...

Mora Jr.'s tremendous success at UCLA this year proves NFL coaches can win in college. You get an NFL HC to set the tone and then coordinaters who know college ball, like Mazzonne.

I could get behind Mike Nolan. No question. Unless he just loves the Denver area, that sounds like another pipe dream, though. Not likely to leave a Super Bowl contender for the biggest rebuilding job in the country.

I could get behind Mike Nolan. No question. Unless he just loves the Denver area, that sounds like another pipe dream, though. Not likely to leave a Super Bowl contender for the biggest rebuilding job in the country.

I would love to have any of the one and done Broncos DCs fromt he past eight years...

I would love to have any of the one and done Broncos DCs fromt he past eight years...

Nolan did a good job tho and was pushed out to Miami by McDaniels. Not fair to lump him in with guys like Bates or Slowik.

Don't NFL coordinators make pretty good pay??

Given we're only talking about paying someone $2.5 million -- is that a huge pay raise for an NFL coach?

Don't NFL coordinators make pretty good pay??

Given we're only talking about paying someone $2.5 million -- is that a huge pay raise for an NFL coach?

Depends on who you´re talking to, I guess, but I´d say the VAST majority of NFL coordinators makes under $1.5m a year.

Vic Fangio. Only 1 year coaching in college, but it was under Harbaugh at Stanford. Probably a pipe dream as he'll be an NFL HC whenever he wants to be.

I do not like or want NFL guys unless the majority of their experience is college-based. So, I'll say Schiano or Carroll or Harbaugh :thumbsup:

Back