What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OLine grades for the CSU game

This was discussed earlier, I believe in the game thread.

It is a bid deceiving to try to compare grades. The backups in general graded much higher than the starters but that doesn't tell the story.

When the backups were in they were playing against the CSU backups and CSU has little read depth, those guys weren't very good but we had shut off the scoring. We essentially didn't pass the ball so they couldn't get graded down for issues in pass blocking like missing stunts or twist.

We also kept the running game very simple in the second half. Hard to mess up your assignment when you are running the same basic plays over and over.

The starters were doing a lot of pass blocking and since Hawaii runs a completely different offense we didn't have tape on a lot of what CSU was going to do to try to stop us. They knew they weren't going to beat us just going one on one so they tried a lot of stunts and games up front, easy for a guy to miss and get graded down even when Montez was getting the ball out so it didn't really matter.

We were also running rushing plays early that required guys to pull and seek a man, not just block the guy in front of them.

This isn't saying that we don't need to see improvement on the OL. It is still my biggest area of concern on the whole team. I just wouldn't make a lot out of the grades for this game.

Back