What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Open Letter to Recruits....

4DemBuffs

Most admired poster
Club Member
now, i may be mistaken about this. did Mac not write an open letter to all h.s. football players in Colorado in his first year or two and have it published in the late Rocky Mountain News and The Denver Post?

the idea being, to motivate these kids to stay in state and help build something special at CU. they could be a catalyst to something great in their own state. build a powerhouse.

and his open letter proved not only fruitful in commits but, true in its outcome.

now, is this something that JE should do? as mentioned before, a lot of these kids in Colorado these days really do not have an understanding or appriciation of what CU football has been and can be. especially considering the depths of the early '80's and the rise in less than a decade to a national powerhouse program.

should he wait a year? or maybe not do it at all?

i would like to see him do something like what Mac did. challenge the kids in colorado to stay at home and build something. now, the world is much different than when Mac did it in the early '80's so i dont know if one letter in TDP would do the trick.

however, something along the lines of what Mac did, i think should be done.

any thoughts or ideas?

I want Embree to be his own man.

Frankly, I'm getting a little sick of people saying that he should be Mac Part Duex and repeat the things he did. Lots of people want to see Embo call out USC as our rival, do the open letter to in-state recruits, etc, etc. That was almost 30 years ago. Embree will do just fine doing it his own way and we don't have to worry a bit about him respecting CU traditions and reviving some that Hawkins tried to kill. He's doing just fine in terms of Embo showing the love to in-state recruits, the man has gone out of his way. The question is whether there's a young man in this year's in-state class who is the leader that Embree was and can bring the other in-state prospects with him. Too bad Sherrod Harrington's not from Colorado.

Back