What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon Game...

I loved how Spons pick was right in the middle of their stupid o
The best part is that it was right in front of the away section. So all of the buffs fans got the perfect view and were screaming like crazy. Spoon's dad was over by us and we got to talk to him. He was so happy and proud. He said that this summer Spoon said "dad I got it now. I understand ".

Speaking of O, I got so sick of every Oregon fan doing the O with their hands...until I realized they were telling the Buffs "Please insert here". Montez and co. gladly obliged.

So at the watch party I'm with my daughter who is in 8th grade and my wife, plus a number of other Buffs fans. Kid Skid is kinda interested in American Sign Language.

At one point in the broadcast the camera focuses in on a flock of Duck fans who are hand gesturing with their "O".

I seize that moment to feign disgust and outrage by declaring that it's horrible and inappropriate for the cameras to show that filth. "Did you see that! I can't believe the network didn't blurr that."

At this point, everyone around the table is looking at me and thinking, "WTF?" or "what did we miss?"

I'm committed now. I'm wondering what direction to go with this, fully aware that my teenage daughter is hanging on whatever comes out of my mouth next.

So I say, "That Oregon hand sign they just did. Do you have any idea what that means in sign language?"

The gears are spinning in everyone's heads. Some faces start to turn red. My daughter is looking at me right in the eye.

I lower my voice, shake my head, and say, "in sign language, that means ... umm ... girl parts."

My daughter melts in embarrassment. My wife forcefully elbows me in the rib cage. Everyone else at the table are uncomfortably laughing at my poor parenting display and utter lack of a filter.

At half-time, my wife and daughter decide to split and strand me and my mouth at the watch party.

I'm rationalizing this interaction best I can, and figure that the one good that comes from this scene is that the University of Oregon is pretty much scratched from the list of colleges that my daughter might consider. And she, too, will forever be horrified by the insensitive and obscene institutional behavior displayed by fans from the University of Oregon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of O, I got so sick of every Oregon fan doing the O with their hands...until I realized they were telling the Buffs "Please insert here". Montez and co. gladly obliged.
Isn't it great to be the taunters instead of the taunted.

Late getting over here but congrats on the Oregon win. I watched the game with a few Oregon fans who were absolutely stunned and livid about the outcome. Based on this, some positives from the Michigan game, and the other game I choose to forget, it looks like CU is going in the right direction.

Late getting over here but congrats on the Oregon win. I watched the game with a few Oregon fans who were absolutely stunned and livid about the outcome. Based on this, some positives from the Michigan game, and the other game I choose to forget, it looks like CU is going in the right direction.

Freshman QB for the rams looks pretty solid. I expect he will get better as the year progress. You all will be alright in MW play.

Freshman QB for the rams looks pretty solid. I expect he will get better as the year progress. You all will be alright in MW play.
Yeah, I think CSU can salvage a bowl-eligible season. While that isn't meaningful in terms of on field performance, it's better than the alternative. I forsee some ugly games against SDSU and Boise, but the rest are winnable. Hopefully playing the frosh sets things up better for next year.

Wainagoshdarnminute.

Major buzzkill turning a signature victory Oregon thread into lazy idle talk about the ewes MWC prospects.

Moms! Get to work pruning.

Yeah, I think CSU can salvage a bowl-eligible season. While that isn't meaningful in terms of on field performance, it's better than the alternative. I forsee some ugly games against SDSU and Boise, but the rest are winnable. Hopefully playing the frosh sets things up better for next year.
Our frosh QB is better than your frosh QB...Sorry, it had to be said. Good luck the rest of the year.

So I just watched the 60 minute replay for the first time. Couple of thoughts since I was quite inebriated in Saturday.

1) Gillam did a way better job of getting sideline to sideline on those sweeps but tackling with everyone out there was difficult. Those guys from Oregon are athletic as hell so it's expected but still need to make those plays to win the south.

2) totally forgot about hotchkins going to Oregon. Man would be look good in a buff uniform right about now.

3) the first pic from Montez was a bad decision. Even he if puts more air under it that safety knew the ball was going to shay and would have broke wherever he threw it. The only way shay has a chance it if he throws it really deep but that requires a great pass and isn't really needed at that moment in the game. The second pic you have to live with, that guy just made a great break on the ball and that is what happens when you run slant patterns sometimes with smaller receivers.

3) defense is on the cusp of having a fantastic game against a good team just have to clean up the tackles and keep rush lanes a little better throughout the games, they let prokup go on a few third downs that could have helped a lot.

4) prokup was throwing dimes out there. You could tell the athleticism was there offensively for Oregon based on them taking it to Chido and Oliver for big plays. Thompson had a great game and I think really lead that defense down the stretch, although he dropped the game winning pic and had that penalty he was laying people out and going balls to the wall on that last drive.

5) with a little more experience Montez is going to be interesting to watch next year, you could tell he really opened up the run lanes and took advantage of that throughout the game but man on that third and one with a couple minutes left he has to get that no matter if kough misses the block.

So I just watched the 60 minute replay for the first time. Couple of thoughts since I was quite inebriated in Saturday.

1) Gillam did a way better job of getting sideline to sideline on those sweeps but tackling with everyone out there was difficult. Those guys from Oregon are athletic as hell so it's expected but still need to make those plays to win the south.

2) totally forgot about hotchkins going to Oregon. Man would be look good in a buff uniform right about now.

3) the first pic from Montez was a bad decision. Even he if puts more air under it that safety knew the ball was going to shay and would have broke wherever he threw it. The only way shay has a chance it if he throws it really deep but that requires a great pass and isn't really needed at that moment in the game. The second pic you have to live with, that guy just made a great break on the ball and that is what happens when you run slant patterns sometimes with smaller receivers.

3) defense is on the cusp of having a fantastic game against a good team just have to clean up the tackles and keep rush lanes a little better throughout the games, they let prokup go on a few third downs that could have helped a lot.

4) prokup was throwing dimes out there. You could tell the athleticism was there offensively for Oregon based on them taking it to Chido and Oliver for big plays. Thompson had a great game and I think really lead that defense down the stretch, although he dropped the game winning pic and had that penalty he was laying people out and going balls to the wall on that last drive.

5) with a little more experience Montez is going to be interesting to watch next year, you could tell he really opened up the run lanes and took advantage of that throughout the game but man on that third and one with a couple minutes left he has to get that no matter if kough misses the block.
How's the O-line looking in your opinion?

My only issue with the first pick was that the ball was thrown at all. We were literally running at will. If we just continued pounding the ball, we would have demoralized that defense even more, and taken a 40-17 lead. The Ducks would have quit and my blood pressure would have been much better off for the rest of the afternoon.

Back