What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon State, Gary Andersen mutually part ways with immediate effect

Wow... like others, I'm worried about the post-firing bounce.

What was his buyout? It must have been fairly massive, right?

XZJSgPg.gif

I always liked Anderson. I thought his leaving Wisconsin for Oregon State was strange - definitely seemed like a step down. OSU has to be one of the toughest gigs in the conference - limited support in a place that is tough to recruit to. The cupboard was pretty bare when Anderson got there. Two and a half years is not enough to turn OSU around.

People who wonder if they will poach MacIntyre are out to lunch. OSU is a step down and MacIntyre has a 5 year contract.

I always liked Anderson. I thought his leaving Wisconsin for Oregon State was strange - definitely seemed like a step down. OSU has to be one of the toughest gigs in the conference - limited support in a place that is tough to recruit to. The cupboard was pretty bare when Anderson got there. Two and a half years is not enough to turn OSU around.

People who wonder if they will poach MacIntyre are out to lunch. OSU is a step down and MacIntyre has a 5 year contract.
seen a special on him when he left w... was looking at getting closer to his mother that was living in an assisted living facility close by. A real family guy (mamas boy) and kinda religious. His whole family is pretty close.

Holy crap.

And the obligatory, don't we have a thread for this kind of stuff?

Carry on.

He won't take a step down, but that "five years" is pretty worthless when you look at the buyout.

He won't take a step down, but that "five years" is pretty worthless when you look at the buyout.

I was looking at the contract from the other way. He has 5 years guaranteed with an average of over $3 Mil per year. He has job security at the moment.

I was looking at the contract from the other way. He has 5 years guaranteed with an average of over $3 Mil per year. He has job security at the moment.

I get that, but he will have that type of security at many places.

Holy crap.

And the obligatory, don't we have a thread for this kind of stuff?

Carry on.

Agree with Jens
Think this warrants its own thread given we play them on Saturday.

Playing them this week.

Wonder if they are already talking to Riley's agent (through channels of course.) He may be available before the end of the season.

Anderson is a strange case. Could be a skeleton or it could just be that he got fed up with the situation, had an argument with the AD, and it ended in this.

Other potential interesting name for the job, Leavitt. Ducks fans would freak but I think he is dying to get back into a HC gig.

You've been here long enough to know the "do we need to worry about them poaching HCMM" is a long running joke, right?

I think Leavitt or Rocky Long (reach?) should be at the top of the list. I am sure they would have been all about Justin Wilcox if he had not taken the Cal job.

Back