What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon State, Gary Andersen mutually part ways with immediate effect

I think Leavitt or Rocky Long (reach?) should be at the top of the list. I am sure they would have been all about Justin Wilcox if he had not taken the Cal job.
Rocky Long would be tough. They haven't recruited the offensive personnel to fit his run system.

I would laugh pretty hard at Duckie if Leavitt jumped over to Corvallis. But I don't think he bails that quick, especially for that job.

Agree about USU or BYU - he (Anderson) goes home.

Last edited:
I would laugh pretty hard at Duckie if Leavitt jumped over to Corvallis. But I don't think he bails that quick, especially for that job. Agree about USU or BYU - he goes home.

I think it would be awfully hard for him to turn down a P5 head coaching offer.

I would bet on them getting Jonathan Smith (UW OC/OSU alum). He's their top target apparently.

tumblr_ly45zw0XLw1qbmmf7o1_500.gif

Poor OSU buck tooth bastards.

They could bump because of this if the players had quit on Anderson.

Or they could totally fall apart if it was something the players were not behind.

yeah, great. i agree-- we're going to see osu play its best football this year this weekend. ****ing awesome. we need a win the way a fusker needs antibiotics to treat the barnyard clap.

I wanted him when hiring Mac. Between he and Food Cart we really dodged a few bullets.

I think Anderson is a good coach. OSU is a tough gig and a tough place to rebuild. I think Anderson gets another HC shot - unless something comes out. He paid $3 Million to buyout his Wisconsin contract and supposedly left OSU for no buyout. Looks like he is not motivated by money.

I think Anderson is a good coach. OSU is a tough gig and a tough place to rebuild. I think Anderson gets another HC shot - unless something comes out. He paid $3 Million to buyout his Wisconsin contract and supposedly left OSU for no buyout. Looks like he is not motivated by money.
Maybe he's motivated by silence.

Was he a particularly effective defensive coach prior to his getting the HC job at Utah state?

Was he a particularly effective defensive coach prior to his getting the HC job at Utah state?
Yes. He was at Utah and their DC 2005-2008. Of course, that was under Wittingham, who was also a DC prior and who I regard as the defensive mind who built their system there. But Anderson was a quick study and had good D's everywhere given some time.

Interesting that I read that Anderson had to pay a $3M buyout when he left Wisconsin. I wonder if OSU covered that and if so, is that part of the reason for the "settlement".

Back