What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon State, Gary Andersen mutually part ways with immediate effect

Yes, there is a talent deficiency on the defense this year and the recruiting needs to improve significantly. But there is enough speed at key positions (Lewis, Moeller, Worthington) to keep the QB under 300 yards rushing. What we saw was just a total breakdown of assignments and fundamentals. I've never seen anything like it.

This is true as well.

Yes, there is a talent deficiency on the defense this year and the recruiting needs to improve significantly. But there is enough speed at key positions (Lewis, Moeller, Worthington) to keep the QB under 300 yards rushing. What we saw was just a total breakdown of assignments and fundamentals. I've never seen anything like it.

I'm not going to argue with that.

Here's the thing with that - when you can match speed (or at least keep up - not many teams can match that kid), not every blown assignment is going to the house. We had to play him perfectly to contain him, and he made us pay dearly every time we ****ed up.

Having said that, it doesn't help when you have a safety that can make a play on the kid, and instead is trying to show up a kid that tried to block him.

Watching Leo Jackson get optioned on one of the TDs was so sad. He ignored the RB, crashed down on the QB, and got toasted anyway.

He's our best DL.

He only played half or a third of the snaps that the 2016 starters did for a reason.

Without knowing his assignment, it's hard to say he got toasted.
Jackson is more than mobile enough for the position he plays and was not the problem. In fact, he saw his most snaps against Arizona in 2016, with his 2nd most snaps being against Oregon.

You missed the Toledo game?

Moeller got schooled. Worthington was too worried about the slot in the out. NT got handled 1:1 by C, thus Gs got free run at LBs. Latter is a major issue in 3-4. CU does not have right personnel, at least this year for 3-4.

The Toledo game where their QB ran for 327 yards on 14 carries and scored four touchdowns? Yes I must have missed that one. This was worse than all those games. Toledo, Fresno State, all of them.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's settle down with the overreactions and short memories. Look, I'm as disappointed as anyone at how Saturday went, but no way was this game worse than either of those games- in the Fresno game, they got bullied and gave up 35 ****ing points in the first quarter to a MWC team. Fresno scored enough points to win halfway through the first quarter.

Toledo treated Colorado like a P5 team usually treats a G5 team, but worse- they paid us a pittance (if anything, it was maybe nothing due to the cancellation slot we had to fill) to come to their house and get destroyed. They got up by 4 scores and then put in their backups and coasted to a three score victory that was never in doubt.

Also, I'd point out that both of those G5 teams scored a lot more points on CU and put up a lot more yards on CU than UofA last Saturday. Both of those losses are way worse than losing at home to a P5 conference mate at home by a FG.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's settle down with the overreactions and short memories. Look, I'm as disappointed as anyone at how Saturday went, but no way was this game worse than either of those games- in the Fresno game, they got bullied and gave up 35 ****ing points in the first quarter to a MWC team. Fresno scored enough points to win halfway through the first quarter.

Toledo treated Colorado like a P5 team usually treats a G5 team, but worse- they paid us a pittance (if anything, it was maybe nothing due to the cancellation slot we had to fill) to come to their house and get destroyed. They got up by 4 scores and then put in their backups and coasted to a three score victory that was never in doubt.

Also, I'd point out that both of those G5 teams scored a lot more points on CU and put up a lot more yards on CU than UofA last Saturday. Both of those losses are way worse than losing at home to a P5 conference mate at home by a FG.

In which game did the QB set the all time rushing record on 14 carries? So the offense was better in the AZ game but make no mistake, this is one of the worst defensive performances ever, whether it happened last week or 10 years ago.

In which game did the QB set the all time rushing record on 14 carries? So the offense was better in the AZ game but make no mistake, this is one of the worst defensive performances ever, whether it happened last week or 10 years ago.

The worst part of this thread is that we've had so many games in the past 10 years where we've completely **** the bed, we can't even agree on which was the most embarrassing.

Back