What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon State, Gary Andersen mutually part ways with immediate effect

Curious what makes people believe the Pirate is going to leave in a few years. He seems like he has a pretty good gig going in Pullman.

Leavitt will take the next and highest-paying job offer.
This has been shown to be true. He's far more money motivated than I expected. He got a huge settlement from USF. Like, millions of dollars. The guy isn't hurting for money, but he has shown a willingness to bolt for a higher paying gig. Good for him, I guess.

Or Leavitt figured he had a better opportunity to work with more talent and be in a higher profile gig at Oregon than at CU. Yes, I'm sure being the highest paid DC in the conference helped, but I wouldn't say he's only money motivated

I have zero problem with Leavitt and his actions. One, he was absolutely a miracle maker with the Buffs defense. He took arguably the worst defense in the country and turned it into an effective unit that won many games for the Buffs. Two, it was clear that Mac did not appreciate all the attention Leavitt was getting and that was clear when Leavitt decided to leave. Mac really refused to give the guy credit for the turn around. I personally would have been praising his coaching and recruiting a lot up to that point. Leavitt will make whoever extends a head coaching offer look smart. Guy is animated.....enthusiastic....great recruiter.....great DC.....wish Mac would have bolted at the end of last year...and Leavitt taken over...but that is just me.

Those OSU kids feel screwed?
I'm speculating, but I would definitely feel screwed if I were in their shoes:
  • The kids that are seniors are going to be playing out the string knowing that their coach didn't think they were good enough to win
  • The kids that are upperclassmen (JRs and R-JRs) will probably get lost in the shuffle transitioning to their 3rd different HC
  • The kids that he recruited committed to Anderson with the understanding that they were going to Corvallis to help build something, and he bailed on them because they "weren't good enough". Moreover, there's more than a good chance that the new HC wants to bring in "his guys" and a good chunk of them spend their remaining years in Corvallis riding the pine

I have zero problem with Leavitt and his actions. One, he was absolutely a miracle maker with the Buffs defense. He took arguably the worst defense in the country and turned it into an effective unit that won many games for the Buffs. Two, it was clear that Mac did not appreciate all the attention Leavitt was getting and that was clear when Leavitt decided to leave. Mac really refused to give the guy credit for the turn around. I personally would have been praising his coaching and recruiting a lot up to that point. Leavitt will make whoever extends a head coaching offer look smart. Guy is animated.....enthusiastic....great recruiter.....great DC.....wish Mac would have bolted at the end of last year...and Leavitt taken over...but that is just me.
Lots of speculation on Leavitts relationship with Mac. It could very well be they just didn’t like each other. You have zero insight on your statements on the psychological aspects of their relationship.

Last edited:
..wish Mac would have bolted at the end of last year...and Leavitt taken over...but that is just me.
No, it’ Not just you. He brought an energy and understanding of social media that has not been replicated or duplicated on the recruiting front. We need to utilize what he brought and teach it to a few others on the current staff

No, it’ Not just you. He brought an energy and understanding of social media that has not been replicated or duplicated on the recruiting front. We need to utilize what he brought and teach it to a few others on the current staff

Leavitt was undeniably good here, but let's not perpetuate the myth that he was a great recruiter.

Lots of speculation on Leavitts relationship with Mac. It could very well be they just didn’t like each other. You have zero insite on your statements on the psychological aspects of their relationship.
Well.....when an HC never speaks publicly about a coach that has transformed your defense.....improved your recruiting....provided a motivational boost.....I think there is a problem. I see the same thing happening with Chiv....don't be surprised if Chiv is not actively pursuing other OC jobs....he is in no mans land right now with this "co-offensive coordinator" nonsense. Like I have said all along..>MM did a good job in getting this program on the right track....getting the most out of above average to average recruits.....don't think he has the tools to go to the next level and sustain it. His personality is milk toast.....

Well.....when an HC never speaks publicly about a coach that has transformed your defense.....improved your recruiting....provided a motivational boost.....I think there is a problem. I see the same thing happening with Chiv....don't be surprised if Chiv is not actively pursuing other OC jobs....he is in no mans land right now with this "co-offensive coordinator" nonsense. Like I have said all along..>MM did a good job in getting this program on the right track....getting the most out of above average to average recruits.....don't think he has the tools to go to the next level and sustain it. His personality is milk toast.....

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... stop it ..........................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Leavitt did absolutely nothing for CU in terms of recruiting.
We all have opinions...and you know what that means!!!!! Leavitt will be a HC next year.....with our mediocre front 7 recruiting on defense....we may indeed wallow in mediocrity again.

We all have opinions...and you know what that means!!!!! Leavitt will be a HC next year.....with our mediocre front 7 recruiting on defense....we may indeed wallow in mediocrity again.
It's not an opinion. Leavitt literally did next to nothing for this program in recruiting. He was a great motivator and gameday coach, but awful recruiter.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... stop it ..........................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................no.....................................................................i.............................................................................................................love...............................................................................................................periods......................................................................................................................but.......................................................................many............................................................................................thanks.............................................................................for..............................................................................................................embracing.....................................................................................and.....................................................................................endorsing............................................................................................my............................................................................................posting...............................................................................................paradigm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....................................................................................................................................no.....................................................................i.............................................................................................................love...............................................................................................................periods......................................................................................................................but.......................................................................many............................................................................................thanks.............................................................................for..............................................................................................................embracing.....................................................................................and.....................................................................................endorsing............................................................................................my............................................................................................posting...............................................................................................paradigm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to keep making yourself look like a complete dumbass, by all means.

This ×10
Okey dokey....if the coach you are going to play for is not a primary driver in where you sign....then I concur. Don't believe that to be the case. Another interesting observation is that Lindgren does LITTLE recruiting.....whereas Chiv was responsible for over 10 signees...and they are on the same level? Crazy. Now go take on the day!

Okey dokey....if the coach you are going to play for is not a primary driver in where you sign....then I concur. Don't believe that to be the case. Another interesting observation is that Lindgren does LITTLE recruiting.....whereas Chiv was responsible for over 10 signees...and they are on the same level? Crazy. Now go take on the day!

Leavitt didn't bolster recruiting, I wish he was still a buff. He's not and cu is paying for it.

Back