What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OSU game fallout thread

I think that probably with the way things have gone that Montez is back next year. Given that Shenault isn't draft eligible after this year...my suspicion is that unless things turn around drastically over the remainder of this season (and maybe even if they do), that next year is truly a "put up or shut up" year for the staff. Without looking at the schedule, if they can't win 9 games next year with a superstar WR (plus what should be a solid supporting cast) and a QB who is probably at the talent ceiling for the type of QB that CU can actually recruit, then it's time to move on. IMO.
Let’s play this out...what happens with those players if MM is fired. Are they going to quit and phone it in? I’m not advocating for keeping MM, but I’ve seen it before where the superstars that were recruited by one coach will give up/transfer if he gets canned (see Nebraska).

OMFG! :censored::censored::censored:
Grh1dC4.jpg

Here was the original tweet. Gotta be a fake account
upload_2018-10-28_18-28-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-28_18-27-33.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-28_18-27-33.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 7
While I almost totally blame the coaches for yesterday's collapse, since the coaching staff apparently doesn't have the balls to take responsibility, I wish we had that Phillip Lindsay type leader who would step up and give a Tebow-like "Promise" post-game presser. This is coming from a Tebow hater, so I must feel pretty low right now.

I don't expect any athletes to do something like that, especially when the blame should be almost solely on the coaches, they are apparently taught to be soft, and I don't want them to promise national championship level stuff at this point, but it would at least make this beat-down fan feel better to hear that nobody will be working harder or care more, etc. since we know the coaches don't ever seem to man up or get fed up with ****tyness or mediocrity. Maybe some low T meds can make their way into the coaching offices.

Seeing Phil's YPC average go up with a mediocre line against much better competition shows just how awesome he is. He never complained and just praised the line he was given when he did well.

For an immediate escape, a two-way Sugar Daddy is required. 1) pat off MM; 2) help hire new HC.

There are things MM can overtly do as well as substantially seeding a well coordinated whisper campaign.

Can someone translate hawg's smug and truncated posts for me? I never know what the **** he's saying.

Let’s play this out...what happens with those players if MM is fired. Are they going to quit and phone it in? I’m not advocating for keeping MM, but I’ve seen it before where the superstars that were recruited by one coach will give up/transfer if he gets canned (see Nebraska).

I don't think there was a lot of talent in Lincoln to begin with, so I think that's a bad comparison. To me, here's what this comes down to. Lose the next four and he's gone (I don't think we're hearing hot seat talk from people like Howell and Rooney if RG isn't prepared to move on from MM if we lose out). Go bowling at 7-5 or better and he stays, but there will be 3-4 new assistants in here. 6-6 could go either way. You don't make an in-season coaching change unless things have totally gone off the rails (as was the case here in 2010).

I don't think there was a lot of talent in Lincoln to begin with, so I think that's a bad comparison. To me, here's what this comes down to. Lose the next four and he's gone (I don't think we're hearing hot seat talk from people like Howell and Rooney if RG isn't prepared to move on from MM if we lose out). Go bowling at 7-5 or better and he stays, but there will be 3-4 new assistants in here. 6-6 could go either way. You don't make an in-season coaching change unless things have totally gone off the rails (as was the case here in 2010).
Totally off the rails = losing a game after you're up 31-3 in the 3rd quarter to a ****ing 1-6 team - where you're favored by 24 points. I don't see how we can get anymore off the rails...wait, hold that thought...

I hear what you’re saying. What I’m asking is, if he’s fired at the end of the season, what do our stars do next season (Viska, Montez, Landman, Johnson, and etc).

Totally off the rails = losing a game after you're up 31-3 in the 3rd quarter to a ****ing 1-6 team - where you're favored by 24 points. I don't see how we can get anymore off the rails...wait, hold that thought...

That team had a couple ugly losses going into the Kansas game. 52-7 to Cal and then got shutout by Missouri a month later.

Last edited:
I hear what you’re saying. What I’m asking is, if he’s fired at the end of the season, what do our stars do next season (Viska, Montez, Landman, Johnson, and etc).

Montez could go pro-but the question there is where does he get picked? Nothing would change with the rest of them IMO-they're all true sophomores, and they'd be losing a season's opportunity to get film out to the NFL (Not sure Landman and Johnson are the NFL sure things that Viska is, but I'd think they'd give it a go at least). They'd all stay and then leave after 2019 would be my guess.

I think this one might be more like the end of Barnett. He went from having a pretty good season, loses a ****ty game to a ****ty ISU, then just get blanked the next 3 games with a listless team.

What can we do to hold this coaching staff and AD responsible? I refuse to sit idly by and allow another Hawkins/Embree experience to engulf CU, sorry I'm just not going to do it- 15 years was enough for me.

I hate feeling powerless like this. What does it need to be? A gofundme to fund Mac's buyout?

Back