What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OSU game fallout thread

Can confirm: our fellow season ticket holder (who sits to our right) saw this happen and told us about it. So there was at least some anger on the sidelines.
The first time he did it, Montez threw yet another perfect football. He jumped to look cool? No idea why, but if he just kept running, it was a TD. Instead, I believe we ended up punting.

We have Viska >>>>>> KD >>>>>>>> JMac >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all the others. When 2 of them are out, we are ****ed

Is there a chance that Co-OC Adams is allowed to be 50% of the offensive design and 50% of the recommended play calls? This does not totally seem like a Chiv offense, and something seems mixed up with the game plans? There are many successful plays we run and then never run again! Seems like although Chiv is calling the plays that maybe Adams, possibly Roper, and of course MM are in his ear clouding up the game plans depending on the game situations?

Is there a chance that Co-OC Adams is allowed to be 50% of the offensive design and 50% of the recommended play calls? This does not totally seem like a Chiv offense, and something seems mixed up with the game plans? There are many successful plays we run and then never run again! Seems like although Chiv is calling the plays that maybe Adams, possibly Roper, and of course MM are in his ear clouding up the game plans depending on the game situations?
Earlier in the year, Adams said Chiv was the sole playcaller.

I think - and I know others disagree - that MM is meddling.

I’ll address it. We blitzed and sold out far too much. Not too little. The vet qb got the ball out quicker than the guy we sacked a billion times. He made good reads. And they attacked our weakness at corner. Our corners can’t cover man and they especially can’t do it against bigger more physical receivers. Our failure to adjust on defense when they put the new qb in was a deciding factor in the loss.

Next question.
Yes. This. This what I saw as well. On 4th and 8 on the last play for OSU, we rushed 6 (we’ll, blitzed 2). Shockingly, our corner couldn’t cover a WR and they scored s touchdown. If you are that bad in the secondary, put in a dime package, play prevent, ****...Target the receiver. But don’t sell out on the rush, leave your **** ass corners on islands, ‘cause guess what. You got burned on ever pass attempt.
Did those off the ledge, you are all better humans/fans than I.

The first time he did it, Montez threw yet another perfect football. He jumped to look cool? No idea why, but if he just kept running, it was a TD. Instead, I believe we ended up punting.

We have Viska >>>>>> KD >>>>>>>> JMac >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all the others. When 2 of them are out, we are ****ed
Well I don't agree with that WR breakdown at all other than Viska is best, but duh on that one.

This does not totally seem like a Chiv offense, and something seems mixed up with the game plans? There are many successful plays we run and then never run again! Seems like although Chiv is calling the plays that maybe Adams, possibly Roper, and of course MM are in his ear clouding up the game plans depending on the game situations?
I think - and I know others disagree - that MM is meddling.
MM literally handed his last OC a playbook and told him "this is our offense."

And that was with an experienced OC who had been calling plays for 3 years before coaching under MM...

If anyone thinks that the same head coach has given any real freedom at all to his brand new, first time OC/playcaller, well...

MM literally handed his last OC a playbook and told him "this is our offense."

And that was with an experienced OC who had been calling plays for 3 years before coaching under MM...

If anyone thinks that the same head coach has given any real freedom at all to his brand new, first time OC/playcaller, well...
Completely different situation. BL was brought in to replace a guy who left to take a HC job. MM already had an established playbook and QB. BL wasn't there to change things up, he was there to call plays. DC hasn't changed the offense completely either, rather he has probably just added a few new things to it.

I was not at the game, and this may have already been discussed, but how many fans left the stadium after the 75 yard TD run to put us up 31-3? Did that and MM’s charmin soft attitude about running up the score combine to create a mindset that the game was over and to back off? Luton had not taken the field yet and thus while things did not feel completely different were those factors an issue for these players? Would love to know all the players attitudes at that moment!

I am not a knee-jerk reactionary fan. I believe that patience is a lost art in today's game and am not a fan of coaches being on a short leash. I have been supportive of the MacIntyre-era so far. Getting us out of the post-Barnett "scandal"/post-Hawkins/post-Embree/post Big XII decade of futility and fan apathy was a big deal and I will always give him his due for that; but we need to move from a "sometimes competitive" program to a regular Top 25 team competing for division/conference titles annually and there just isn't enough evidence in his past that we are going to get there. Unfortunately I am not convinced that the CU brass feel the same way and this will be an interesting litmus test for the leadership at CU. We will find out if CU is truly committed to athletics or just going thru the motions and trying not to "sell out" to the football program. If RG wants to make the move but is not allowed to then we could see him move on.

As far as this year goes, I think we should expect to win 2 remaining games and win a bowl game (won't be a major one anyway). Forget what is "likely", I am just talking about expectations at this stage in our program development. Anything less than that and we are just not moving forward enough and change at the top needs to be made. I get it that we are young in certain areas and thin at others but all of those issues are factors in college coaching as well that have to be part of the assessment.

Great question would be if we upset BOTH Utes and Cougs does it erase the OSU game? I think that certainly buys another year for him and his staff.

"I knew we really had to step it up if we wanted to be competitive in the Pac-12 with schools like Southern Cal and UCLA, Washington and so on. To me, it meant let's go out and really bring in a person that - and it's a cliché about taking us to the next level — but that's exactly what we had to do to be competitive. Those are difficult decisions, but those are ones that move the university forward.

Let's see if Phil DiStefano is going to live by his own words (when discussing the firing of Bohn and hiring of RG) in regards to MacIntyre.

I was not at the game, and this may have already been discussed, but how many fans left the stadium after the 75 yard TD run to put us up 31-3? Did that and MM’s charmin soft attitude about running up the score combine to create a mindset that the game was over and to back off? Luton had not taken the field yet and thus while things did not feel completely different were those factors an issue for these players? Would love to know all the players attitudes at that moment!
The Charmin effect took over completely. The crowd could maybe have helped in OT, but we chose to defer, so of course OSU picked the Dal Ward end, so any benefit from a student section was largely negated anyway.

If they had stayed, they would have been in the same state of shock the rest of us were.

The only thing that could erase this would be to win out. All 4 games. End 9-3 and maybe a Holiday-ish bowl.

Anything else deserves immediate termination.

The fans stayed

S&P gives us a 89%chance of making a bowl going forward.
Obviously, OSU was the 2nd easiest P5 opponent on the schedule (Nebraska), but I think most people saw 2-2 at the least down this stretch, prior to the OSU game. Did one fluky half really turn that perception into a downward spiral where we actually think this team is going to go 0-4?

Obviously, OSU was the 2nd easiest P5 opponent on the schedule (Nebraska), but I think most people saw 2-2 at the least down this stretch, prior to the OSU game. Did one fluky half really turn that perception into a downward spiral where we actually think this team is going to go 0-4?
I don't know. I don't know how badly this team wants it. 2017's version didn't want it badly enough.

who are we going to beat?....cant win on the road...staff game plans road games to just try and keepthe score close and at home we have two teams coming in that are going to take marshmellow U to the woodshed...only reason bowl % is where its at is we have 4 cracks at it

i believe football is a very emotional game and that the attitude of the players can make a huge difference. I haven't seen reason to believe that HCMM is a good "fire 'em up" motivator following a devastating loss.

I don't think too much should be read into it, but multiple comments from posters watching the bench regarding perceived attitude of the team is also concerning. And reports of twitter from at least one player touting his own stats in that loss do not add confidence.

summary: I think there's reason to be concerned, but odds of going 0-4 are likely slim.

who are we going to beat?....cant win on the road...staff game plans road games to just try and keepthe score close and at home we have two teams coming in that are going to take marshmellow U to the woodshed...only reason bowl % is where its at is we have 4 cracks at it
So had CU held on to beat OSU the other day, even if the score had remained 31-3, would you still be asking "who are we going to beat"? One half of awful play and coaching and all of a sudden, CU won't win another game?

So had CU held on to beat OSU the other day, even if the score had remained 31-3, would you still be asking "who are we going to beat"? One half of awful play and coaching and all of a sudden, CU won't win another game?
The reason I think we don’t win another game is team momentum and schedule.
I think this loss will **** with the team’s mental attitude, and all of our most winnable games are on the road. Utah and WSU are playing very very good ball right now, and that includes how they are playing on the road.

If the bowl bid comes down to Cal game, that would be tough. Friday is damn near essential win.

If the bowl bid comes down to Cal game, that would be tough. Friday is damn near essential win.
I think this loss will **** with the team’s mental attitude, and all of our most winnable games are on the road. Utah and WSU are playing very very good ball right now, and that includes how they are playing on the road.
The intangible aspects of the situation with a potentially mentally weak team is real, so I will give you that. There really aren't any leaders on this team, IMO, and it's going to be up to MM and Chev to get them fired up and to keep playing hard. With that said, I still believe they win at least 1 of the last 4 and go to the Cheez-It's bowl or whatever.

These four games are a perfect test for the staff. If they come out focused and intense they can win most of these games and maybe he's the right guy after all. If your prediction is right, then he's not. I'm afraid I lean toward your view though.

Yes

Momentum is a bitch

And it's not just 1/2 of football. AZ got Tate back, and he looks good. UU and WSU are ruining teams, and both do things we suck at: UU has a front 7 that is going to flat out rape our OL and WSU is going to throw on our garbage secondary for 500+ yds.

The only chance I see is CAL, and that's going to be after losing 6 in a row, on the road, on a holiday weekend. And we all know how good Charmin Mac is at getting players motivated.

0-4 is WAAAAAY more probably than even 1-3.

Back