What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OSU game fallout thread

The most disheartening thing to me is seeing the likes of Utah and WSU excelling while we flounder. Mac has improved recruiting a little bit but he will never take it to the level it needs to be at for us to be more than a middle of the pack team. Rick George needs to recognize this.

The most disheartening thing to me is seeing the likes of Utah and WSU excelling while we flounder. Mac has improved recruiting a little bit but he will never take it to the level it needs to be at for us to be more than a middle of the pack team. Rick George needs to recognize this.
RG ain't dumb he sees it. Too bad he inherited Bohn's 3rd crap hire in a row

RG ain't dumb he sees it. Too bad he inherited Bohn's 3rd crap hire in a row
RG gave that inheritance the big contract during spring 2017.

The idea that Rick George is a football administrative genius is optimistic, but hard to back up based on what we've seen.

Middle of the pack is being generous.

That literally had 0 to do with the outcome. You have a really outdated concept about what people should do on the bench when they’re hurt.

And, BTW, his behavior won’t be “addressed”. He didn’t do anything wrong.
Had 0 to do with the outcome, but certainly reflects the team "culture". who the hell doesn't get up and cheer his brothers on, when the battle is raging? he's still immature and basking in the glow, but it looked like ****

Had 0 to do with the outcome, but certainly reflects the team "culture". who the hell doesn't get up and cheer his brothers on, when the battle is raging? he's still immature and basking in the glow, but it looked like ****
People need to lay off Viska. That kid does everything asked of him. He put his body on the line probably more than he should have and was constantly banged up while being asked to produce over and over. And produce he has. Viska has nothing to do with this current ****show.

I just finished the game. What in the hell was that?! How do you go up 31-3 in the first play of the second half, and LOSE to the proverbial sucker fish of the PAC12? The defensive secondary is now the “bankrupt gang”. A couple of key dropped passes, lame horse o-line play, and for the third consecutive week running up the middle does not do ****.

Weak opponents or not, the Buffs early season momentum should have banged out a win at SC, and sure as **** should have got the win today. If MM has checked out, then he should leave on his own volition. This is the only way I can see how this absolute nose- dive bull****ery is happening.

Welcome to the fight?!

Stop this ****. Viska was up talking to and supporting his teammates all game long. He’s not a screaming and yelling type of guy, but this discussion is ridiculous. This program has a lot of problems, Viska is not one of them.

I want a coach who will give one of those pressers after a bad loss that goes like "We stunk. I stunk. Coaches stunk. Players stunk. I thought we were ready to play. I was wrong. Players think they're better than they are. We're going back to work and this week is going to determine who wants to be a winner and who needs to see the door."
Tad Boyle? He has is own faults, but taking responsibility is not one of them.

Utah and WSU will mudhole us of course. But people still talking on here like we can beat AZ or CAL on the road. LMFAO. No ****ing way. This is a 5-7 team guaranteed (and really, if we had even an average OOC schedule, we'd be 3-9).
Guaranteed? I’ll take that bet. How much?

UR17Owv.jpg

Thanks for the new profile pic!

I’ll explain today.

Poor recruiting and player development on the offensive line.

We lucked out on a grad transfer RB in TM, but have zero depth. 2nd string is a nice walk on story, but not a viable back up. Why does Oregon State have better players at that position and it’s not even close.

Because of the poor line and backs, CU does all sorts of gimmicks to try and confuse defenses. The smoke and mirrors tends to get exposed later in the season and against better teams. Offense reverts to quick outs, bubble screens, and occasional deep routes.

Defensive scheme is over reliant on blitz packages. Puts enormous pressure on the DBs, who aren’t good enough in man coverage to do it against better competition.
Thank you. Money. Saves me typing this. You hit the nail on the head.

Calling my shot now. Buffs lose 7 straight and miss a bowl.

change my mind.
I think it’s way more of a stretch to think we win again ... we always turtle on the road and Az and Cal are getting better while we’re clearly regressing. WSU will shred our secondary and Utah is just really good in all facets. Zero chance against those 2.

That pissed me off to no end.
Anyone that thinks viska was a problem has probably never played sports at a high level. Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to compete with you mates. And players don't focus or even think about injured players in the moment.

And they showed him for 15 combined seconds out of a 4 hour broadcast, you can't know what he was doing the majority of the game.

I think it’s way more of a stretch to think we win again ... we always turtle on the road and Az and Cal are getting better while we’re clearly regressing. WSU will shred our secondary and Utah is just really good in all facets. Zero chance against those 2.
It’s all up in the air. Toughest remaining opponents are at home, easier ones on the road. Until yesterday’s game I think most on AB would have thought we had even odds at sweeping the 4 games. Arizona and Cal have shown improvement and WSU and UT have been strong, but inconsistency is the story of the conference, and I’ll be very surprised if the Buffs don’t have at least one “up” day with an opponent having a “down” day, thus allowing the Buffs to make a bowl and saving MM’s job for another year. How do you think fans at Wash U, USC, UCLA & Oregon are feeling? It could be strongly argued that all are dramatically under-achieving. Although none have fallen to OSU yet...

Anyone that thinks viska was a problem has probably never played sports at a high level. Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to compete with you mates. And players don't focus or even think about injured players in the moment.

And they showed him for 15 combined seconds out of a 4 hour broadcast, you can't know what he was doing the majority of the game.
Good point. And with all of the TV timeouts, what would anyone expect him to do? People whining about this need to focus on the pathetic state of our program, and the reality that we will forever be mired in the bottom of the P12. Our time has come and gone.

Slept on this. Still pissed. Mac has 4 games to keep his job.

From your mouth to RG's ears. I haven't complained much about MM, knowing what he inherited. However, unless we win 2 more games this season I think we need to thank him and move on--and I'm being charitable and letting one of those wins be in the Cheez-it bowl.

I’m still not impressed with Cal. Very good defense and an atrocious offense. The offense only scored 6 points in that win yesterday.

Would be interesting if they lose the next 3 (which is possible @ Wazzu, @ USC, and Stanford at home) making our matchup a battle for bowl eligibility.

Tad Boyle? He has is own faults, but taking responsibility is not one of them.
I love Tad. Part of the reason is that I know that he's got his eyes wide open, recognizes issues and is going to address them.

To draw a parallel to the regular job world, I think about how common it is for employees and co-workers to be excuse makers, blame assigners and political animals. How rare it is to encounter someone who will cowboy up and say, "I ****ed up. This is the problem. This is how we're going to fix it." Tad is someone who cowboys up. I don't see that from MacIntyre.

People need to lay off Viska. That kid does everything asked of him. He put his body on the line probably more than he should have and was constantly banged up while being asked to produce over and over. And produce he has. Viska has nothing to do with this current ****show.
This is about the staff that either doesn’t have a rule about this or doesn’t care.

It’s not about Viska. It’s about culture and leadership.

Back