What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OSU game / Jim Tressel

If you can ignore all the sanctions - then there are no sanctions? So where's the ton of bricks falling on them?

Basically, USC appealed the scholarship reduction as a delay tactic and is continuing to operate under SOP until the appeal is decided. Most analysts believe that there is no chance that the scholarship reductions get peeled back. However, what USC accomplished was basically to offset the two parts of their penalty: scholarship reductions and bowl ban.

They still will likely have the same number of scholarship reductions, but they will go into effect next season when they are already done serving their bowl ban. That way, they will have a large number of Sophomores and RS FR in 2012 and Juniors/RS So in 2013 when they CAN actually get to a premier bowl rather than having the scholly reduction cause them to have a gap in talent after their bowl ban is over. I think it's smart, but I also think it's against the spirit of their punishment and I hope the NCAA hammers them further... don't see that happening, though.

Basically, USC appealed the scholarship reduction as a delay tactic and is continuing to operate under SOP until the appeal is decided. Most analysts believe that there is no chance that the scholarship reductions get peeled back. However, what USC accomplished was basically to offset the two parts of their penalty: scholarship reductions and bowl ban.

They still will likely have the same number of scholarship reductions, but they will go into effect next season when they are already done serving their bowl ban. That way, they will have a large number of Sophomores and RS FR in 2012 and Juniors/RS So in 2013 when they CAN actually get to a premier bowl rather than having the scholly reduction cause them to have a gap in talent after their bowl ban is over. I think it's smart, but I also think it's against the spirit of their punishment and I hope the NCAA hammers them further... don't see that happening, though.
Last news I heard about USC was that they were trying to buy the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, and the land around it. With that kind of $ they can buy their way out of anything.

Back