What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 10/28-10/30

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Well we got some blowouts last week but we got a lot more crazy closer than expected finishes. Multiple upsets including Pedo State going down in the 9th inning (oops overtime) and Wake Forest and Army leaving their defenses at home scoring a combined 126 points.

What we didn’t get was the weekly excuses from Scott Frost. Would say you can’t lose when you don’t play but they still live in Nebraska so that wouldn’t be true.

And the real challenge this week has nothing to do with a game. For years people have been saying that Oregon’s uniforms couldn’t get any uglier, last week they managed to do it. Can Nike somehow come up with an uglier uniform still?

Time for a lot of teams to worry about reaching bowl eligibility and others to jockey for the better bowls or even for conference championships. Those coaches not in bowl contention might be worrying about the jobs for next year.

Thursday night a solid Troy (4-3) is on the road at Coastal Carolina (24) who lost their first game of the year on a last second field goal last week. How will they respond?

Friday has a couple less than interesting games with Navy (1-6) at Tulsa (3-4) and UNLV (0-7) at rival Nevada (5-2). UNLV has lost a lot of close games but winless teams are winless for a reason.

Saturday this week has no lack of huge top 25 matches and one of the biggest starts us off early. Harbaugh has caught a lot of complaints from the Wolverine fans for not beating his big rivals but this year he has Michigan (6) undefeated. A win at Michigan State (8,) also undefeated would make a big statement. Is it going to end with a Harbomb or does Mel’s season hit midnight?

Other early games have Iowa (9) at Wisconsin (4-3) and Texas (4-3) hoping to hand Baylor (16) their yearly collapse.

This week’s bug on the windshield of a speeding truck game finds Tulane (1-6) getting splattered at home by Cincinnati (2).

Last week Oklahoma (4) struggled much of the game with Kansas?. They host Texas Tech (5-3) in a game that could ruin their playoff hopes.

Florida (4-3) has lost 3 of their last 5, add another loss as Georgia (1) comes to town.

Later in what should be a fun one to watch Ole Miss (10) goes to Auburn (18.) Also later in the molester bowl we have Ohio State (5) hosting Penn State (20) who has lost two in a row.

Purdue (4-3) is unpredictable, beat highly ranked Iowa then lose to Wisconsin. What isn’t unpredictable is that Nebraska (3-5) sucks and finds ways to beat themselves. Nebraska has lost 4 of their last 5, what will be their excuse this time?

PAC 12 fails to bring much excitement this week as most of the teams are studies in mediocre football.

Most interesting game may be Washington State (4-4) who’s team has been stripped of half it’s coaching staff at Arizona State (5-2) where the co-eds routinely are stripped of all their clothes.

Locally almost everyone managed to have a bad week.

CSU(3-4) who messed up a chance for a last second win usually doesn’t get that chance against visiting Boise State (3-4.)

Wyoming (4-3) somehow lost to New Mexico. This week they hope to get back on the winning track at San Jose State (4-4.)
Air Force after losing a close one to undefeated San Diego State gets a bye week.

Northern Colorado (3-5) who picked up a win last weekend is likely to find visiting Sacramento State (5-2) a much more difficult challenge.

In the RMAC our local D2 schools are all back to tied with one loss in conference standings after Colorado Mesa handed Mines a surprising loss.

This week Mesa goes to Western to see who stays at one loss in the standings. Mines host Chadron and Pueblo gets to beat up Fort Lewis.

The next two weeks Pueblo plays Mines and Western so they have the most control over the final standings.

Got to think that TTU had decided a couple weeks ago. Last week's win then made them very nervous that they wouldn't be able to if he upset OU this week. My honest belief is that they were afraid of success and couldn't risk it.

Well we got some blowouts last week but we got a lot more crazy closer than expected finishes. Multiple upsets including Pedo State going down in the 9th inning (oops overtime) and Wake Forest and Army leaving their defenses at home scoring a combined 126 points.

What we didn’t get was the weekly excuses from Scott Frost. Would say you can’t lose when you don’t play but they still live in ****braska so that wouldn’t be true.

And the real challenge this week has nothing to do with a game. For years people have been saying that Oregon’s uniforms couldn’t get any uglier, last week they managed to do it. Can Nike somehow come up with an uglier uniform still?

Time for a lot of teams to worry about reaching bowl eligibility and others to jockey for the better bowls or even for conference championships. Those coaches not in bowl contention might be worrying about the jobs for next year.

Thursday night a solid Troy (4-3) is on the road at Coastal Carolina (24) who lost their first game of the year on a last second field goal last week. How will they respond?

Friday has a couple less than interesting games with Navy (1-6) at Tulsa (3-4) and UNLV (0-7) at rival Nevada (5-2). UNLV has lost a lot of close games but winless teams are winless for a reason.

Saturday this week has no lack of huge top 25 matches and one of the biggest starts us off early. Harbaugh has caught a lot of complaints from the Wolverine fans for not beating his big rivals but this year he has Michigan (6) undefeated. A win at Michigan State (8,) also undefeated would make a big statement. Is it going to end with a Harbomb or does Mel’s season hit midnight?

Other early games have Iowa (9) at Wisconsin (4-3) and Texas (4-3) hoping to hand Baylor (16) their yearly collapse.

This week’s bug on the windshield of a speeding truck game finds Tulane (1-6) getting splattered at home by Cincinnati (2).

Last week Oklahoma (4) struggled much of the game with Kansas?. They host Texas Tech (5-3) in a game that could ruin their playoff hopes.

Florida (4-3) has lost 3 of their last 5, add another loss as Georgia (1) comes to town.

Later in what should be a fun one to watch Ole Miss (10) goes to Auburn (18.) Also later in the molester bowl we have Ohio State (5) hosting Penn State (20) who has lost two in a row.

Purdue (4-3) is unpredictable, beat highly ranked Iowa then lose to Wisconsin. What isn’t unpredictable is that ****braska (3-5) sucks and finds ways to beat themselves. ****braska has lost 4 of their last 5, what will be their excuse this time?

PAC 12 fails to bring much excitement this week as most of the teams are studies in mediocre football.

Most interesting game may be Washington State (4-4) who’s team has been stripped of half it’s coaching staff at Arizona State (5-2) where the co-eds routinely are stripped of all their clothes.

Locally almost everyone managed to have a bad week.

CSU(3-4) who messed up a chance for a last second win usually doesn’t get that chance against visiting Boise State (3-4.)

Wyoming (4-3) somehow lost to New Mexico. This week they hope to get back on the winning track at San Jose State (4-4.)
Air Force after losing a close one to undefeated San Diego State gets a bye week.

Northern Colorado (3-5) who picked up a win last weekend is likely to find visiting Sacramento State (5-2) a much more difficult challenge.

In the RMAC our local D2 schools are all back to tied with one loss in conference standings after Colorado Mesa handed Mines a surprising loss.

This week Mesa goes to Western to see who stays at one loss in the standings. Mines host Chadron and Pueblo gets to beat up Fort Lewis.

The next two weeks Pueblo plays Mines and Western so they have the most control over the final standings.
Fort Lewis, my God. They suck every year, we sucked when I was there. I'm telling you, a good High School team could beat them most years.

Fort Lewis, my God. They suck every year, we sucked when I was there. I'm telling you, a good High School team could beat them most years.
I actually wonder how Fort Lewis would do against one of big Texas teams with multiple P5 prospects. I think that Fort Lewis would still win but it would be closer than it should ever be.

Almost have to wonder why they bother to have a football program if they aren't going to do what is needed to even be competitive. And their problems aren't because of where they are located.

I actually wonder how Fort Lewis would do against one of big Texas teams with multiple P5 prospects. I think that Fort Lewis would still win but it would be closer than it should ever be.

Almost have to wonder why they bother to have a football program if they aren't going to do what is needed to even be competitive. And their problems aren't because of where they are located.
They'd win more than they lose, but I'm pretty sure they'd lose some.

Coastal Carolina coming back to earth.

They managed to win again going to 7-1 but Troy at 4-4 pushed them.

Got to think that TTU had decided a couple weeks ago. Last week's win then made them very nervous that they wouldn't be able to if he upset OU this week. My honest belief is that they were afraid of success and couldn't risk it.
What???

For whatever reason (personality conflicts with the wrong people, loss of confidence he's the right guy for the program, opportunity to hire someone else they'd much prefer and/or something else), TTU decided to fire Wells. He won. They're 5-3. If he'd gone to 6-3 with a win over OU he wouldn't have been easy to fire, so they had to do it now instead of risking it.

For whatever reason (personality conflicts with the wrong people, loss of confidence he's the right guy for the program, opportunity to hire someone else they'd much prefer and/or something else), TTU decided to fire Wells. He won. They're 5-3. If he'd gone to 6-3 with a win over OU he wouldn't have been easy to fire, so they had to do it now instead of risking it.
Gotcha. Just the way you wrote your post, not necessarily referencing anything, was confusing me.

MtnBuff called this out, but Nebraska, based on their remaining schedule, is fighting for bowl eligibility at home against Purdue at the same time the Buffs are going to get steamrolled against the Ducks. ESPN2 for those that may chose to peak in periodically and hate watch.

I'll be running it on the second tv!

MtnBuff called this out, but ****braska, based on their remaining schedule, is fighting for bowl eligibility at home against Purdue at the same time the Buffs are going to get steamrolled against the Ducks. ESPN2 for those that may chose to peak in periodically and hate watch.

I'll be running it on the second tv!
To have any hope the fuskers have to win this one. Don't think it will matter if they do.

They have lost 4 out of their last 5 and lost 5 out of 6 to P5 opponents this year. To be bowl eligible they would have to win 3 of their last 4 including Purdue this week then 2 out of 3 against Ohio State (5), Wisconsin (4-3), and Iowa (9).

In other words, ain't happening.

To have any hope the ****ers have to win this one. Don't think it will matter if they do.

They have lost 4 out of their last 5 and lost 5 out of 6 to P5 opponents this year. To be bowl eligible they would have to win 3 of their last 4 including Purdue this week then 2 out of 3 against Ohio State (5), Wisconsin (4-3), and Iowa (9).

In other words, ain't happening.
One game at a time. Can't get caught looking ahead. Eyes have to be on the prize if they want to achieve a moral victory this week.

This is cool

That does look seriously cool.

nice way to show respect for the baseball team but that logo also just looks cool.

Would look sharp to use that helmet and and also have that logo on the sleeves at the shoulder and on the hips. Use the same font and put State on the front of the jersey with the MS logo as the S.

With Mel and UM (don't like Michigan dating back to some weirdly condescending UM neighbors when i was a kid....)

and Texas-Baylor.....lot of dislike going for me in the 10 AM slot.

It's a race to the bottom when I'm pulling for the horns of all 4. ugh.

edit: and Joe Tessitore doing the UT-BU game. he's awful.

Back