What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 10/7-10/9

Ok
Honest question
University of Cincinnati -vs- University of Colorado
Why in the world is Cincy so good?

Ok
Honest question
University of Cincinnati -vs- University of Colorado
Why in the world is Cincy so good?

I'm not gonna claim to know much about Cincinnati but my guess is the administration has put an emphasis on football and have now for over a decade, plus they are allowing the AD to get almost any players they want into the program. Not that hard, unless you're a wannabe elitist institution

I remember when Cincy was a basketball school that was so bad at football there was a Penn State game where Paterno ripped them after the game for being so inept that he had to instruct players to run out of bounds the whole second half so they wouldn't run the score up too much.

I remember when Cincy was a basketball school that was so bad at football there was a Penn State game where Paterno ripped them after the game for being so inept that he had to instruct players to run out of bounds the whole second half so they wouldn't run the score up too much.
At least JoePa had his priorities straight 😬

At least JoePa had his priorities straight 😬
Truth is, he ran a very clean program, graduated his players, and built Penn State up as a university. Would do things like rip on the president at a banquet where they were honoring his team by challging them to bring the academic reputation to the same level of success.

He was everything right about college football... but Sandusky. Maybe impossible to tip the balance no matter what you did when "enabling & protecting a child rapist" is on the other side of the scale. I'm trying to parse it, but there is no saving that legacy because what happened was just that bad.

Truth is, he ran a very clean program, graduated his players, and built Penn State up as a university. Would do things like rip on the president at a banquet where they were honoring his team by challging them to bring the academic reputation to the same level of success.

He was everything right about college football... but Sandusky. Maybe impossible to tip the balance no matter what you did when "enabling & protecting a child rapist" is on the other side of the scale. I'm trying to parse it, but there is no saving that legacy because what happened was just that bad.
There were other things he covered up. All university discipline of football players went to his desk and he did protect some guys who were better players than people.

In the scheme of things though JoePa was cleaner than most and he did make an honest effort to make sure his players got an education and had something other than football to build on when they left the university.

In the Sandusky case it may have been a combination of Joe ignoring the evidence because he couldn't believe someone could be that evil. He did also want to protect the image of "his" program but it could be argued that he simply couldn't understand that someone could do what Sandusky was doing.

Remember that Joe was a devout Catholic and had a hard time dealing with the accusations against members of the clergy.

As you say though absolutely none of that excuses the fact that he enabled the brutal victimization of multiple children.

There is also a serious issue with Joe taking and Penn State giving him the ultimate authority that allowed him to control everything around Sandusky and the program. I still don't believe that Penn State has taken the appropriate steps to have the kind of independent scrutiny on the football program to prevent further abuses.

Awkward Britney Spears GIF

Looking forward to the
Red River Shootout
usc utah game
The iowa penn st game
michigan nub game

Wow! OU punter just punted from his own 5 yard line to five yards into the UT end zone. The ball traveled 100 yards. Geez!

Of course then Texas went 80 yards for the TD in, like, 5 plays. Texas looks really strong.

Last edited:
That Casey Thompson was legit and we all know too well about that. He might not want to set foot in Oklahoma again if OU gets blown out.

Does Spencer Rattler transfer after this season to try to improve draft stock? Right now, I feel like he’s slid out of the first round conversation pretty firmly.

Back