What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games 11/18-11/20

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Seems like the season just started and now we are winding down with most teams only having two more scheduled games, scheduled because many are hoping for a bowl game or better a trip to a conference championship game.

Some other teams are just hoping to end ugly seasons on a positive note but some of them won’t have all their coaches with them much longer.

As usual for this time of year we get a bunch of MAC games on Tuesday and Wednesday. None of these teams are great but they usually give us some entertaining games.

Tuesday highlight is compass confusion as Western Michigan (6-4) goes to Eastern Michigan (6-4) jockeying for bowl position. Wednesday gives us Northern Illinois (7-3) which may be the league's best team at Buffalo (4-6) which isn’t.

The MAC gives us interesting games on their nights, the ACC fails with a Thursday game between Louiseville (5-5) at Duke (3-7) with the Cardinals trying to squeak into bowl eligibility.

Friday gets more interesting.

Best game should be Air Force (7-3) at Nevada (7-3).

In a PAC after dark game Washington State (5-5) which isn’t very good probably won’t need to be to earn a bowl trip against Arizona (1-9) which only earns more laughter.

Saturday’s games may assault the rankings and give teams a chance to get their hands on top bowls or even a playoff.

Speaking of assault and hands on keep your gymnast and wrestlers away as the Nasty Nassers of Michigan State (7) go to the Ohio State Strauss’s (5) as the two schools put themselves ahead of their fellow abuser schools by having their abusers be doctors, not just ex-coaches or scholarship athletes.

Arkansas (21) has worked very hard to return their program to the top 25. Hosts Alabama (2) will likely knock them back out.

Cincinnati (3) gets their last good chance to make an impression on the committee against visiting SMU (8-2).

Pitting weak morals against weak minds Baylor (13) is at Kansas State (7-3).

Most of the rest of the ranked teams are playing weaker opponents, none weaker than Georgia (1) with their traditional SEC late season walk over Charleston Southern (4-5) from FCS.

Looking at weak opponents Wisconsin (19) has struggled at times this season but seems to be getting things together for the end of the season having won 6 in a row after losing 3 games early to ranked teams. They shouldn’t have too much trouble this week against a rank opponent Nebraska (3-7) who come in with a bunch of lame duck offensive assistants and a head coach who is just lame and might need to duck when his wife hears about yet another visit to the girls at the bar.

Are the Longhorns on the way to the butcher shop. They have a herd of highly rated talent but that talent has now lost five games in a row, the most recent and embarrassing to Kansas (2-8) not a typo, who they were favored to beat by over 30 and who this week is an underdog by 22 at TCU (4-6). This week Texas (4-6) is at West Virginia (4-6.) Texas fans have paid for T-bones and are getting Jayhawk fried steak.

The PAC12 has Oregon (4) visiting Utah (24) hoping the Ducks win to stay in contention for the playoff.

Playing for a better bowl position Arizona State (7-3) is at Oregon State (6-4)

Locally Wyoming (5-5) who has struggled recently losing 5 out of their last 6 hopes to salvage something out of the season finding bowl eligibility at Utah State (8-2.)

Many would say that Colorado State’s (3-7)season is already finished but they finish the weekend with a trip to Hawaii (4-7.) At least they get to lose in nice weather.

Northern Colorado (3-7) which has lost 5 of their last 6 finishes their season at Weber State (5-5)

After a strong season the RMAC earned not just one but two high seeds in the playoff brackets.

Colorado Mines is the Region IV top seed and will have a bye this week before hosting a game on November 27. If Mines wins they will also host on December 4.

This weekend the excitement will be in Gunnison as 3rd seed Western Colorado hosts Nebraska-Kearney

Please note all rankings are based on AP poll since playoff rankings are not available at the time I put this together.

Last edited:
As usual for this time of year we get a bunch of MAC games on Tuesday and Wednesday. None of these teams are great but they usually give us some entertaining games.

Tuesday highlight is compass confusion as Western Michigan (6-4) goes to Eastern Michigan (6-4) jockeying for bowl position.

The WMU @ EMU game was damn entertaining. EMU trailed virtually the whole game until late in the 4th quarter, when they forced two turnovers that led to two FGs and a one point margin. Good stuff.

GO HURONS!!

As expected Louisville laying one on Duke tonight. A mediocre team beating up on a far less than mediocre team.

Duke didn't exactly rally around their coach after the retirement announcement.

Nice first half for AF
Zero yards passing.

Also big to take advantage of the refs using replay to check the clock. AFA got their kicking team lined up and nailed the FG to go into the locker room up 14.

And I've seen Nevada before this year, Strong (Nevada QB) doesn't look right. Normally he has a gun, looks like he can't get his base under the throws and zing the ball like normal.

I haven't watched much Game Day this year. Is today unusual or has it become the norm to have a bunch of Jesus advertisement signs scattered to get one into every camera shot?

I haven't watched much Game Day this year. Is today unusual or has it become the norm to have a bunch of Jesus advertisement signs scattered to get one into every camera shot?
I quit watching Game Day a few years ago. Became too much of a circus with a lot of blah blah, rah rah in place of actual pre-game analysis. Unwatchable, basically.

Oh, and get off my lawn

Yes there's been Jesus signs at GameDay just about every week

I quit watching Game Day a few years ago. Became too much of a circus with a lot of blah blah, rah rah in place of actual pre-game analysis. Unwatchable, basically.

Oh, and get off my lawn

I'm a big fan of GameDay, it's one of 3 things I still watch on ESPN (college football and college bball are the others)

Torn on this one. Guess I'll just go with the flow and see who I root for. Seem to leaning toward OSU

It’s maybe only a few thousand and they’ll probably fill in by end of the 1st qtr, but I’m sorta surprised to see empty seats in the Horseshoe today.

Maybe all it would have taken to keep Tucker was promising to put "relentless" on the helmet, and perhaps upping the ante with Mel stickers.

Today's cementing my belief that tOSU is the one team I can see upsetting UGA. It's the only offense that's good enough to force UGA's offense to score points for 4 quarters.

Back