What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 8/31 - 9/4

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
As expected week zero turned out to be a big zero with the mismatches being blowouts and the battles of bad teams being played like, well bad teams.

So for most college football fans this is the week that the season really starts and so we don’t have to wait it gets started on Thursday.

Like the rest of the weekend a lot of the Thursday games have teams expecting to pad their records early by bringing in a lower level team for a warm up scrimmage they can charge their fans to see. We get edge of the seat battles like Elon at Wake Forest and Missouri (SEC, SEC?) bringing in the mighty FCS Coyotes of South Dakota.

Are pigs flying? In something that is almost as rare as an intelligent Cornhusker fan we have an SEC team leaving SEC country to play a quality team on the road. Florida goes to (14) Utah in a game the gives the PAC 12 the opportunity for some credibility in the last year before it falls apart.

Also on Thursday night speaking of Cornhusker fans will they follow their normal pattern and get the losing started early. This year the red polyester feedlot fans get to go to Minnesota, (9-4 last year) a team that regularly beat up on the Scott Frost fuskers, might as well get started beating Matt Rhule early.

The Friday schedule lacks any standout matchups.

I feel like someone on Allbuffs should post this one again for the classic Miami but we do get to see Miami at Miami, Miami of Ohio and the MAC at Miami of Florida and the ACC.

Best actual matchup on Friday may be an early ACC game with Louisville at Georgia Tech. And as is normal the PAC12 provides us with the after dark (and after everyone is asleep) game with Stanford at Hawaii.

Saturday has a full slate of games but if you are hoping to see two ranked teams risking their ranking against each other it won’t be on this Saturday.

Instead we have powerhouses playing powderpuffs like (1) Georgia hosting Tennessee-Martin (or better named Tennessee Marshmallow,) and (2) Michigan hosting Least Carolina.

Breaking that trend in (3) Ohio State with a conference road game against Illinois. Not a powerhouse but at least not a breathing bye game.

With the NFL in their open week before the season we get Sunday games and we get what should be the game of the week (5) LSU at (8) Florida State.

We also have a Monday night game with (9) Clemson at Duke which was uncharacteristically solid last year at 9-4.

Other than those games already mentioned the only PAC game of note has (10) Washington hosting Boise State, a team that has ruined a few PAC12 teams early seasons in the past.

Far too many candidates to pick a garbage game of the week. In a major upset so far this season we haven’t had a single arrest for sexual offenses from any B1G school, Baylor, or any of the other usual out of control programs. No shock though that Nebraska gave us the first felony arrest of the season with a highly ranked transfer breaking into a combination liquor store and vape shop.

Locally there are some quality matchups but Air Force isn’t one of them bringing in the Robert Morris Colonials.

The Sheep from CSU don’t get Lady Gaga but they get a visit from potential future conference mate Washington State. Wyoming brings in future CU conference opponent Texas Tech

Northern Colorado starts a new season with a new coach and hopes for dragging themselves out of the dregs of the Big Sky conference. It won’t be easy as they open at Abilene Christian who was 7-4 last year and is normally a winning program.

Small Colleges are looking forward to a big year with Colorado Mines making it all the way to the National Championship game last year..

Huge game to start the season has Colorado Mines hosting Grand Valley State who was last year like most years in the playoffs.

Saturday Western hosts West Texas A&M, Mesa hosts Texas A&M Kingsville and Pueblo hosts Midwestern State University (Texas) all of which are frequently top programs.

Fort Lewis travels all the way to Missouri hoping to find a program that is as bad as they are in William Jewell College, Nope, they aren’t as bad.

As expected week zero turned out to be a big zero with the mismatches being blowouts and the battles of bad teams being played like, well bad teams.

So for most college football fans this is the week that the season really starts and so we don’t have to wait it gets started on Thursday.

Like the rest of the weekend a lot of the Thursday games have teams expecting to pad their records early by bringing in a lower level team for a warm up scrimmage they can charge their fans to see. We get edge of the seat battles like Elon at Wake Forest and Missouri (SEC, SEC?) bringing in the mighty FCS Coyotes of South Dakota.

Are pigs flying? In something that is almost as rare as an intelligent Cornhusker fan we have an SEC team leaving SEC country to play a quality team on the road. Florida goes to (14) Utah in a game the gives the PAC 12 the opportunity for some credibility in the last year before it falls apart.

Also on Thursday night speaking of Cornhusker fans will they follow their normal pattern and get the losing started early. This year the red polyester feedlot fans get to go to Minnesota, (9-4 last year) a team that regularly beat up on the Scott Frost fuskers, might as well get started beating Matt Rhule early.

The Friday schedule lacks any standout matchups.

I feel like someone on Allbuffs should post this one again for the classic Miami but we do get to see Miami at Miami, Miami of Ohio and the MAC at Miami of Florida and the ACC.

Best actual matchup on Friday may be an early ACC game with Louisville at Georgia Tech. And as is normal the PAC12 provides us with the after dark (and after everyone is asleep) game with Stanford at Hawaii.

Saturday has a full slate of games but if you are hoping to see two ranked teams risking their ranking against each other it won’t be on this Saturday.

Instead we have powerhouses playing powderpuffs like (1) Georgia hosting Tennessee-Martin (or better named Tennessee Marshmallow,) and (2) Michigan hosting Least Carolina.

Breaking that trend in (3) Ohio State with a conference road game against Illinois. Not a powerhouse but at least not a breathing bye game.

With the NFL in their open week before the season we get Sunday games and we get what should be the game of the week (5) LSU at (8) Florida State.

We also have a Monday night game with (9) Clemson at Duke which was uncharacteristically solid last year at 9-4.

Other than those games already mentioned the only PAC game of note has (10) Washington hosting Boise State, a team that has ruined a few PAC12 teams early seasons in the past.

Far too many candidates to pick a garbage game of the week. In a major upset so far this season we haven’t had a single arrest for sexual offenses from any B1G school, Baylor, or any of the other usual out of control programs. No shock though that Nebraska gave us the first felony arrest of the season with a highly ranked transfer breaking into a combination liquor store and vape shop.

Locally there are some quality matchups but Air Force isn’t one of them bringing in the Robert Morris Colonials.

The Sheep from CSU don’t get Lady Gaga but they get a visit from potential future conference mate Washington State. Wyoming brings in future CU conference opponent Texas Tech

Northern Colorado starts a new season with a new coach and hopes for dragging themselves out of the dregs of the Big Sky conference. It won’t be easy as they open at Abilene Christian who was 7-4 last year and is normally a winning program.

Small Colleges are looking forward to a big year with Colorado Mines making it all the way to the National Championship game last year..

Huge game to start the season has Colorado Mines hosting Grand Valley State who was last year like most years in the playoffs.

Saturday Western hosts West Texas A&M, Mesa hosts Texas A&M Kingsville and Pueblo hosts Midwestern State University (Texas) all of which are frequently top programs.

Fort Lewis travels all the way to Missouri hoping to find a program that is as bad as they are in William Jewell College, Nope, they aren’t as bad.

One small correction: OSU travels to play Indiana, not Illinois

Ignoring anything that doesn't involve at least one P5 teams, here's what I want to watch this week:

• Actually maybe a fun game:
    • CU/TCU (12 ET Saturday)
    • Utah/UF (8 ET Thursday)
    • LSU/FSU (7:30 ET Sunday)
    • Clemson/Duke(!) (8 ET Monday)
    • UNC/USC (7:30 ET Saturday)
  • Will tune in if it's close because one side losing would be hilarious
    • UW/Boise St (3:30 ET Saturday)
    • Michigan/ECU Conflicts with CU/TCU
    • Miami/Miami (7:00 ET Friday)
  • HATEWATCH
    • nubs/Minny (8:00 ET Thursday)
    • CSU/WSU (7 ET Saturday)

Be interesting to see over that same 30 years how many ranked opponents Florida has played out of conference not named Florida State or Miami. Would expect the number is very small.
Minor correction, they had a 2 game neutral site match up against Michigan in 2017 (Jerry World) and 2018 (Atlanta). I think the last true OOC aas an away team was 1991. They defend it because they regularly play FSU and Miami.

WVU-Penn State intrigues me as a regional rivalry game. WVU hosts the Backyard Brawl two weeks after the trip to State College. If WVU loses both games, that fan base ain't gonna be happy.

WVU-Penn State intrigues me as a regional rivalry game. WVU hosts the Backyard Brawl two weeks after the trip to State College. If WVU loses both games, that fan base ain't gonna be happy.
Wish VT and WVU still met up every year.

Well... definitely have Utah losing this week with Rising out.

Hope to God FSU puts LSU to bed on Sunday.

Minor correction, they had a 2 game neutral site match up against Michigan in 2017 (Jerry World) and 2018 (Atlanta). I think the last true OOC aas an away team was 1991. They defend it because they regularly play FSU and Miami.

Yup, at Syracuse

Big 12 is going to be my primary conference this year in advance of CU joining next year.

UTSA-Houston and TT-Wyoming are two games I'd want to watch. The rest is meh.

JSU v. FAMU is a toss up for me.

JSU had an excellent showing against SCSU. Impressive but FAMU v. JSU was been tough. Eventually matched on paper. And 2 doesn't play there anymore to expose the weakness of FAMU defensive scheme.

That said, this will come down to the front 4 for JSU and if it can dominate like it did last week with the fearsome threesome.

I like what we have.

FAMU has the best QB and they have skill position players.

I like Mulligan for JSU.

If FAMU can protect Moussa, they could win.

I have it as a toss up but I want JSU to win.

JSU v. FAMU is a toss up for me.

JSU had an excellent showing against SCSU. Impressive but FAMU v. JSU was been tough. Eventually matched on paper. And 2 doesn't play there anymore to expose the weakness of FAMU defensive scheme.

That said, this will come down to the front 4 for JSU and if it can dominate like it did last week with the fearsome threesome.

I like what we have.

FAMU has the best QB and they have skill position players.

I like Mulligan for JSU.

If FAMU can protect Moussa, they could win.

I have it as a toss up but I want JSU to win.
Is Tyas Martin starting for JSU?

Back