What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games 9/26-9/28

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Well not really an other games thread because we don’t have a Buffs game this week but let’s stay consistent. Consistent like a fusker fan who has breathed too much of the insecticide he has sprayed on his corn over the years and is incapable of understanding that the medium red don’t stand much chance against top teams any more.

The Thursday night game looks like a fun one. Navy and Memphis are both undefeated but 4 of the 5 wins between them are against patsies and the one P5 win is Memphis opening with a 15-10 win over Ole Miss who despite having Mike McIntyre as the defensive coordinator haven’t been impressing anyone. This game will feature Memphis balanced attack against Navy running the service academy option and currently second in the nation in rushing.

Friday has some solid options to watch. Pedo State should smash Maryland who is 2-1 but counts a win against Howard (who should be called Howie after losing earlier this year 79-0,) and a loss to Temple.

A better choice is to watch the Air Force try to get back on track against San Jose State. Both are 2-1.

Later (after most of the east coast has gone to bed, typical PAC scheduling) Arizona State (3-1) coming off the loss to CU needs a win to prevent sliding into a tailspin at surprising (15) Cal.

Saturday conference schedules get going in earnest but a lot of those games pit conference leaders against also rans. (20) Michigan plays a weak Rutgers (1-2) team. Coming of a close call to Army and getting blown out by Wisconsin will Michigan take it out on the Scarlett Knights or will they struggle and show themselves to have been overestimated. If this one is close Harbaugh may need a fire extinguisher for his seat.

The best match-up outside of the PAC for the day may be (10) Notre Dame hosting a surprising (18) Virginia team. How Notre Dame stays ranked that high with two wins against lousy competition before losing to Georgia last week is one of those mysteries of college football but if voters though Nebraska and Frost were a top 25 team going into the season they can be convinced of anything.

Speaking of that team to the northeast of us, their fans have apparently forgotten recent history because some of them are convinced that they have a chance against the Ohio State. Most of them should be able to swing by the truck stop and pick up their sister/wife by the end of the third quarter because the Buckeyes started beating up Nebraska as soon as the joined the B1G and haven’t slowed down since. The Ohio State offense may score more often that a group of Nebraska fraternity brothers in the middle of a flock of fresh sheep.

Second week in a row a game to keep an eye on involves Oklahoma State (3-1). They came close last week to knocking of (11) Texas. This week they get (24) Kansas State at home and they are still looking to climb into the top 25.

The best games might be in the PAC 12. Washington State (3-1) dropped out of the rankings after losing a shootout last weekend. They will try to get back into them on the road at (19) Utah who is also coming off a loss at (21) Southern Cal.
Speaking of Southern Cal they are acting like they finally have a functioning coach and are back among the winners. In what may be the best game of the whole weekend they play at (17) Washington for at least temporary status as the top team in the west.

Playing to see who is at the bottom of the conference is surprisingly bad Stanford (1-3) against usually bad despite having half of Nebraska’s recent recruiting classes Oregon State (1-2.)

For those interested in truly bad football two teams that are 0-4 are stuck with each other. The Massachusetts 90 second men (they were minutemen but they are a little slow) host the Akron (not so zippy) Zips.

Locally Wyoming (3-1) tries to get back on the winning track hosting UNLV (1-2) and CSU who has fallen to 1-3 and lost it’s QB hopes to avoid continuing the downward spin visiting a pretty good Utah State team (2-1) that wants to pick up a win before going to LSU next week to get killed.

Things don’t get easier for Northern Colorado (0-4) hosting Idaho (2-2) who is a better team than it’s record.

In local small colleges Mines earned a huge win beating Pueblo in Pueblo last week to put themselves in position to take the conference and go to the playoffs. Mesa also lost to Western so Mines is all alone atop the standings. This week they host Highlands while Pueblo host out of conference Texas A&M Commerce

Last edited:
I should have mentioned to keep an eye on (23) aTm at Arkansas (2-2) Arkansas is a bad team but if the Aggies struggle things could get ugly down there with (2) Alabama waiting for them after their bye week. Aggies may have college footballs weirdest fans but those boosters expect better results for all that money they put into that program.

This Navy @ Memphis game is turning into a real humdinger ... a real barnburner if you will. 21-20 Tigers in the third

this Navy-Memphis game is entertaining.

Actually have a competitive Thursday night NFL game but I still prefer the college game.

Strange game, Navy has about double the yards that Memphis has including more passing yardage but the game is still tied up.

Games I'm most interested in tomorrow (Other than watching Fusker get destroyed, obviously)

UCLA@Arizona-obviously want to get a look at UA since they're coming here next week. Curious to see what kind of a bounce UCLA gets off their miracle W last week in Pullman.
USC@Washington-Is USC as inconsistent as I think they are? Lay one on Stanford, go to BYU and lose, and then come home and beat Utah.......If the pattern they've been following the last three weeks holds, they're going to lose by at least 10.

Games I'm most interested in tomorrow (Other than watching ****er get destroyed, obviously)

UCLA@Arizona-obviously want to get a look at UA since they're coming here next week. Curious to see what kind of a bounce UCLA gets off their miracle W last week in Pullman.
USC@Washington-Is USC as inconsistent as I think they are? Lay one on Stanford, go to BYU and lose, and then come home and beat Utah.......If the pattern they've been following the last three weeks holds, they're going to lose by at least 10.

Another masterpiece, @MtnBuff

I actually think u$c wins making the Pac12 more confusing. Our conference seems to eat each other.

Well not really an other games thread because we don’t have a Buffs game this week but let’s stay consistent. Consistent like a ****er fan who has breathed too much of the insecticide he has sprayed on his corn over the years and is incapable of understanding that the medium red don’t stand much chance against top teams any more.

The Thursday night game looks like a fun one. Navy and Memphis are both undefeated but 4 of the 5 wins between them are against patsies and the one P5 win is Memphis opening with a 15-10 win over Ole Miss who despite having Mike McIntyre as the defensive coordinator haven’t been impressing anyone. This game will feature Memphis balanced attack against Navy running the service academy option and currently second in the nation in rushing.

Friday has some solid options to watch. Pedo State should smash Maryland who is 2-1 but counts a win against Howard (who should be called Howie after losing earlier this year 79-0,) and a loss to Temple.

A better choice is to watch the Air Force try to get back on track against San Jose State. Both are 2-1.

Later (after most of the east coast has gone to bed, typical PAC scheduling) Arizona State (3-1) coming off the loss to CU needs a win to prevent sliding into a tailspin at surprising (15) Cal.

Saturday conference schedules get going in earnest but a lot of those games pit conference leaders against also rans. (20) Michigan plays a weak Rutgers (1-2) team. Coming of a close call to Army and getting blown out by Wisconsin will Michigan take it out on the Scarlett Knights or will they struggle and show themselves to have been overestimated. If this one is close Harbaugh may need a fire extinguisher for his seat.

The best match-up outside of the PAC for the day may be (10) Notre Dame hosting a surprising (18) Virginia team. How Notre Dame stays ranked that high with two wins against lousy competition before losing to Georgia last week is one of those mysteries of college football but if voters though ****braska and Frost were a top 25 team going into the season they can be convinced of anything.

Speaking of that team to the northeast of us, their fans have apparently forgotten recent history because some of them are convinced that they have a chance against the Ohio State. Most of them should be able to swing by the truck stop and pick up their sister/wife by the end of the third quarter because the Buckeyes started beating up ****braska as soon as the joined the B1G and haven’t slowed down since. The Ohio State offense may score more often that a group of ****braska fraternity brothers in the middle of a flock of fresh sheep.

Second week in a row a game to keep an eye on involves Oklahoma State (3-1). They came close last week to knocking of (11) Texas. This week they get (24) Kansas State at home and they are still looking to climb into the top 25.

The best games might be in the PAC 12. Washington State (3-1) dropped out of the rankings after losing a shootout last weekend. They will try to get back into them on the road at (19) Utah who is also coming off a loss at (21) Southern Cal.
Speaking of Southern Cal they are acting like they finally have a functioning coach and are back among the winners. In what may be the best game of the whole weekend they play at (17) Washington for at least temporary status as the top team in the west.

Playing to see who is at the bottom of the conference is surprisingly bad Stanford (1-3) against usually bad despite having half of ****braska’s recent recruiting classes Oregon State (1-2.)

For those interested in truly bad football two teams that are 0-4 are stuck with each other. The Massachusetts 90 second men (they were minutemen but they are a little slow) host the Akron (not so zippy) Zips.

Locally Wyoming (3-1) tries to get back on the winning track hosting UNLV (1-2) and CSU who has fallen to 1-3 and lost it’s QB hopes to avoid continuing the downward spin visiting a pretty good Utah State team (2-1) that wants to pick up a win before going to LSU next week to get killed.

Things don’t get easier for Northern Colorado (0-4) hosting Idaho (2-2) who is a better team than it’s record.

In local small colleges Mines earned a huge win beating Pueblo in Pueblo last week to put themselves in position to take the conference and go to the playoffs. Mesa also lost to Western so Mines is all alone atop the standings. This week they host Highlands while Pueblo host out of conference Texas A&M Commerce
Thank You for doing this, I love it. Hopefully You enjoy writing these as much as we do reading... if You ever stop 😥

Just remembered I’ll miss all the night games because I’ll be at Tom Segura and you can’t use phones. I’m going to be itching to see how bad OSU blows up Nebraska.

I’m most interested in the ASU/Cal game. If ASU can bounce back against a solid defense like Cal, on the road, I will feel a lot better about our chances the rest of the year. Basically, ASU is the first halfway decent team we have played so far, and I want to see if they are as good as I hope they are.

I’m most interested in the ASU/Cal game. If ASU can bounce back against a solid defense like Cal, on the road, I will feel a lot better about our chances the rest of the year. Basically, ASU is the first halfway decent team we have played so far, and I want to see if they are as good as I hope they are.
Yeah, that's an interesting one to me. Cal is the last un-defeated team and I don't think anyone really believes in them yet with their lackluster offense.

So I'm checking in on the game time for PedoSt / Maryland on FS1 ... and my Dish directory says "FOX has removed FS1." Anyone here know what's up wit dat?

So I'm checking in on the game time for PedoSt / Maryland on FS1 ... and my Dish directory says "FOX has removed FS1." Anyone here know what's up wit dat?
Yeah fox pulled their networks from sling and dish because they weren't getting the money they wanted. It sucks ass.

Its probably part of the Altitude removal. Cost cutting measures to save you money, I’m sure you’ll see the savings on your next bill.

Yeah fox pulled their networks from sling and dish because they weren't getting the money they wanted. It sucks ass.

another reason I have never subscribed to cable or satellite in the 16 years I’ve lived on my own. Massive rip off and stunts like this.

SJSU with a quick score but Air Force driving. Is Hammond hurt or just benched? They keep showing him but had the sound off.

Also. one of the best Friday night lineup in a long time

Maryland getting stomped. The ACC is giving Clemson zero margin for error.
The spread for that game was laughable at best. PSU by 6 was way too easy, Vegas bit on Maryland’s 2 wins way too hard and for some reason didn’t account for the Temple loss in setting this spread. Like you said ACC is bad enough that a Clemson shock loss probably knocks them out of the playoff.

Duke up 21-3? WTF?

Fuente might really be in trouble.

After losing to BC they've had 2 lackluster wins against ODU and Furman and if they lose tonight it's hard to see more than 3 wins the rest of the way. Rhode Island, GT, and one of UNC/Pitt/Wake. Even that might be a stretch. And a loss to UVA this year after winning 15 straight might just mean the end for Fuente. Things don't seem right in Blacksburg.

Have you seen the game lineup on the Fox channels this weekend? Unprecedented how spectacular the matchups are. Best weekend of the year if not for the Buffs being idle.

Back