What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games 9/26-9/28

I don't know, even if they do lose I think they'll be fine as long as it doesn't come in the ACCCG or it's not something like a 21-point blowout.

They are going to tumble with any loss IMO. And they should. They might have one Top 25 win come December and that is dependent on A&M being decent.

They are going to tumble with any loss IMO. And they should. They might have one Top 25 win come December and that is dependent on A&M being decent.

No doubt their schedule is a joke given the state of the ACC this year but if you're talking about the playoff who's going to beat them out? Sure the Big12, SEC, and B1G champs will get in assuming they have 0 or 1 loss, but there's zero chance a 1-loss Pac12 champ gets in ahead of a 1-loss Clemson. Now where they could be in trouble is if UGA, LSU, Auburn, or Michigan/OSU end up with 1 loss and don't win their conference. And once again, this is assuming that Clemson's 1 loss doesn't come in the ACCCG.

No doubt their schedule is a joke given the state of the ACC this year but if you're talking about the playoff who's going to beat them out? Sure the Big12, SEC, and B1G champs will get in assuming they have 0 or 1 loss, but there's zero chance a 1-loss Pac12 champ gets in ahead of a 1-loss Clemson. Now where they could be in trouble is if UGA, LSU, Auburn, or Michigan/OSU end up with 1 loss and don't win their conference. And once again, this is assuming that Clemson's 1 loss doesn't come in the ACCCG.

You really hate the Pac-12, but this post is still a big WTF.

Michigan with 1 loss? Thats absurd.

You really hate the Pac-12, but this post is still a big WTF.

Where is the WTF? If you really think 1-loss UW, Utah, or Oregon gets in over a 1-loss Clemson you're kidding yourself. Once again, it depends on the scenario I pointed out above, which is that Clemson doesn't lose in ugly fashion and the 1 loss doesn't come in the CCG.

Where is the WTF? If you really think 1-loss UW, Utah, or Oregon gets in over a 1-loss Clemson you're kidding yourself. Once again, it depends on the scenario I pointed out above, which is that Clemson doesn't lose in ugly fashion and the 1 loss doesn't come in the CCG.

Why would/should Clemson make it in that scenario?

If that happens, we can officially stop talking about conference strength as a meaningful metric.

So I'm checking in on the game time for PedoSt / Maryland on FS1 ... and my Dish directory says "FOX has removed FS1." Anyone here know what's up wit dat?

Get YoutubeTV. I have sling, this thing, and I had DirectTV now earlier this summer...........and this is far and away the best streaming platform. I have every football channel I could possibly need other than redzone and the Pac 12 nets, they give you an unlimited DVR, and the streaming quality is PHENOMENAL on it.

The only one of those three that has a case over Clemson in your hypothetical is Oregon because they challenged themselves in the OOC and Washington and Utah didn't.

The only team they've got left that can put a bit of a scare in them is Wake.

Why would/should Clemson make it in that scenario?

If that happens, we can officially stop talking about conference strength as a meaningful metric.

Clemson is nearly a unanimous #1 at this point so 1 loss to a conference opponent isn't going to suddenly drop them out of the playoff picture.

The only one of those three that has a case over Clemson in your hypothetical is Oregon because they challenged themselves in the OOC and Washington and Utah didn't.
Clemson's only claim outside of the ACC is beating aTm, a team that will probably be out of the rankings end of season. Their ACC schedule if much weaker than the PAC schedule on their other OOC games include Charlotte and Wofford, that is an embarrassment.

Clemson would probably still get in because of reputation but they wouldn't deserve it.

Air Force is going to put San Jose State out of their misery-up 27-10 and just recovered a muffed kick. They lost to Boise, but that's still a team that's going to win 8-9 games.

Clemson's only claim outside of the ACC is beating aTm, a team that will probably be out of the rankings end of season. Their ACC schedule if much weaker than the PAC schedule on their other OOC games include Charlotte and Wofford, that is an embarrassment.

Clemson would probably still get in because of reputation but they wouldn't deserve it.

Clemson needs Wake Forest to keep winning football games.

Air Force is going to put San Jose State out of their misery-up 27-10 and just recovered a muffed kick. They lost to Boise, but that's still a team that's going to win 8-9 games.
Hated losing to them but that is not a bad loss. AFA would beat a lot of teams this year, especially if those teams were coming off two big games and AFA had a bye week to prepare.

Get YoutubeTV. I have sling, this thing, and I had DirectTV now earlier this summer...........and this is far and away the best streaming platform. I have every football channel I could possibly need other than redzone and the Pac 12 nets, they give you an unlimited DVR, and the streaming quality is PHENOMENAL on it.
Interesting.. this is my first year having sling but if YoutubeTV is so much better I might switch for next year. What do you do to watch P12 games? Personally, I love watching the rest of the PAC throughout the year but I definitely would understand if that wasn’t your thing. I just gotta have the PAC networks as well.

Back