What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games day of 8/28 Well not really other games because CU doesn’t play until next week but we have football.

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
For better or worse the MtnBuff other games thread is back.

The zero week schedule.

No great games but a couple very important ones for the wrong reasons.

The “highlight game of the week" a B1G matchup with Illinois hosting the Fat Red (used to be big red but other than Frosty’s ego that doesn’t apply anymore.) If the fuskers don’t win this one next week against FCS Fordham might be the highlight of their season. Playing the early game so they can give their fans a head start on depression and denial. You would think that the fuskers would be in good shape after their illegal off campus workouts this off-season. Most of their best players though seem to work out by carrying their bags to the airport when they transfer.

The only other P5 game has UCLA hosting G5 Hawaii. Hawaii is usually tough on the islands, bad on the road. If UCLA loses this one their cheerleaders might be the only thing they have worth looking at this season.

No great games but we do get one of the worst of the entire season early. New Mexico State after a brief rise to a bowl game in 2017 managed to slip back to 1-10 in 2019 before not playing last year. That one win was against their opponent this week UTEP who is equally inept.
It wouldn’t be stretching things to say that this game may be the best chance for either school to pick up a win this year.

No small college action locally this week as UNC opens next week at CU and the RMAC opens next week as well with some interesting out of conference games. More on that next time.

Last edited:
UTEP is a 10 point favorite over NMSU. I guess people are not looking further into NMSU's spring season where they lost to a D2 team moving up to FCS and had to hold off another one. This was done while giving their backups more playing time last spring.

I don't get how Nebraska is favored by 7 over Illinois after the Illini ran the ball for 285 yards against Nebraska and the Husker running game production was mostly McCaffrety & Wandale R who are no longer on the team. Bilema is a run first coach from his time in the B1G and he will certainly want to run the ball on the pinkshirts.

I'm going to just stick with soccer this weekend.

The “highlight game of the week" a B1G matchup with Illinois hosting the Fat Red (used to be big red but other than Frosty’s ego that doesn’t apply anymore.) If the ****ers don’t win this one next week against FCS Fordham might be the highlight of their season. Playing the early game so they can give their fans a head start on depression and denial. You would think that the ****ers would be in good shape after their illegal off campus workouts this off-season. Most of their best players though seem to work out by carrying their bags to the airport when they transfer.
Illinois, new head coach, new systems.... First game. That's the betters line.

But Illinois returns their QB, their top 5 rushers and Bielema is going to test the Husker defense on the ground.

Former Buff, Ryan Walters brings a new 3-4 defensive alignment to the Illini. This is a very interesting game. I could see the Huskers getting out to an early lead with some mental errors made by the Illini, but I'm not sure they can hang on. If Martinez takes a shot, game over.

For better or worse the MtnBuff other games thread is back.

The zero week schedule.

No great games but a couple very important ones for the wrong reasons.

The “highlight game of the week" a B1G matchup with Illinois hosting the Fat Red (used to be big red but other than Frosty’s ego that doesn’t apply anymore.) If the ****ers don’t win this one next week against FCS Fordham might be the highlight of their season. Playing the early game so they can give their fans a head start on depression and denial. You would think that the ****ers would be in good shape after their illegal off campus workouts this off-season. Most of their best players though seem to work out by carrying their bags to the airport when they transfer.

The only other P5 game has UCLA hosting G5 Hawaii. Hawaii is usually tough on the islands, bad on the road. If UCLA loses this one their cheerleaders might be the only thing they have worth looking at this season.

No great games but we do get one of the worst of the entire season early. New Mexico State after a brief rise to a bowl game in 2017 managed to slip back to 1-10 in 2019 before not playing last year. That one win was against their opponent this week UTEP who is equally inept.
It wouldn’t be stretching things to say that this game may be the best chance for either school to pick up a win this year.

No small college action locally this week as UNC opens next week at CU and the RMAC opens next week as well with some interesting out of conference games. More on that next time.
UCLA cheerleaders suck! DO NOT confuse them with The Dance Line at that other local college power over in Compton!

CFB is here! Let’s ****ing goooooooo. Go Fighting Illini!
Walking In Woody Harrelson GIF by Zombieland

UTEP is a 10 point favorite over NMSU. I guess people are not looking further into NMSU's spring season where they lost to a D2 team moving up to FCS and had to hold off another one. This was done while giving their backups more playing time last spring.

I don't get how ****braska is favored by 7 over Illinois after the Illini ran the ball for 285 yards against ****braska and the ****er running game production was mostly McCaffrety & Wandale R who are no longer on the team. Bilema is a run first coach from his time in the B1G and he will certainly want to run the ball on the pinkshirts.

I'm going to just stick with soccer this weekend.

The first rule of allbuffs is if you gamble you must beat against Nebraska. Let's not forget UCLA playing old friend Todd Graham and Hawaii today as well. Big favorites too-I have dough on a Hawaii cover.

The first rule of allbuffs is if you gamble you must beat against ****braska. Let's not forget UCLA playing old friend Todd Graham and Hawaii today as well. Big favorites too-I have dough on a Hawaii cover.

Gambling isn't my thing but I cannot ever imagine betting for Nebraska because you'd have to root for Nebraska. That is a horrible thing for a Buff fan to put themselves through.

Illinois is ****ting the bed, and bailing out those ass-hats by running predictable plays, and their frontline is still in the locker room.

Back