What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games-labor day weekend

Strong has been absolutely great everywhere he has coached and has paid his dues. I think UT might be one of those situations where you're either embraced by the organization or you are not. If you're not, you can't be very successful and won't be given much time.

Rich Rodriguez @ Michigan = Charlie Strong @ Texas

All I can say is watch them Nik, and it has nothing to do with being embraced, his teams are getting their ass handed to them and he has far superior talent on most occasions. He had success in one place as a HC, and that was with a budding star at QB in the NFL, besides that his success is as a coordinator. Sometimes things look different then they really are, and Charlie Strong is the next Dan Hawkins head coaching wise anyways. I believe this more every time I see the Horns play, and paying dues does not make you a good head coach.

All I can say is watch them Nik, and it has nothing to do with being embraced, his teams are getting their ass handed to them and he has far superior talent on most occasions. He had success in one place as a HC, and that was with a budding star at QB in the NFL, besides that his success is as a coordinator. Sometimes things look different then they really are, and Charlie Strong is the next Dan Hawkins head coaching wise anyways. I believe this more every time I see the Horns play, and paying dues does not make you a good head coach.

Agree, I used to be a fan of Strong but as his body of work grows he gets less impressive.

Really glad to have college football back... Love some college ball. The reason I love it vs nfl, is these kids try and you always see a surprise or two. Really wish our Buffs would get back in the mix or at least not be an embarrassment.
Loved seeing the nubs lose.
Loved seeing stanford lose.
loved seeing asu lose.
osu looks really strong

The problem was that UT got pounded by ND. That's a game where I really don't want anybody to win. I'm rooting for a meteor strike or an outbreak of ebola.
I agree on the meteor strike, but my hatred for UTerus exceeds that of the Neutered Dame.

luckily my 2nd team, FSU, played well. Good seeing the nubs lose. Was hoping to see tOSU lose, but when VT lost their qb it was over.

Yes, I'm not rooting Wisconsin, they can kiss my ass. Hopefully somebody doesn't read that.
Umm What was that?????? Just wait til these boys see u in ur special Badger gear..........And no u can kiss our ass. Dont forget paybacks r a bitch then u marry one...

I don't think I'll see a better move all seaon than Braxton Miller's 360 degree spin move while running full speed vs VaTech . Amazing.

Do other fan bases have second favorite teams or is that something only ****ty program's fans do?

I've known a few diehard CFB fans that have teams they root for in other conferences. But they don't usually pick the gem of the conference, unless they grew up living nearby or picked them as their team growing up.

I used to watch Oregon state before we joined the pac because I liked Reilly and his propensity for beating better teams. Same with Stanford with Harbough. In the ACC I sometimes follow GT since they can run it down people's throats. Wiscy was the big 10 team is watch, but lately it's been MSU. Most big 10 ball is ****ty, but I enjoy watching good defenses and power I offenses. I used to watch 10 hours of CFB a day on Saturdays.

Now I always have something to do. The Buffs sucking has taken the wind out of me.

Do other fan bases have second favorite teams or is that something only ****ty program's fans do?

Only kids and fans of ****ty teams do this. However, my "second team" is as ****ty as CU, so this has been a fun few years.

My dad is an FSU Alum. Grew up with garnet and gold on Saturdays.

My dad is a Penn State alumn and we watched them as much as we could while I was growing up. I don't like them though but when I was growing up CU was amazing and they were my team. I wanted them to play PSU to kick their asses. But I admire buff fans in your generation because you guys are still fans even with all the ****ty football for the last 14 years. It's why I give tini a lot of slack. I don't know how you guys do it.

1. CU
2. Whoever is playing cornholio
Have some other schools that I wouldn't say I'm a fan but that I would pull for to win unless they are playing the Buffs. AFA, Oklahoma, among others.

Have a lot more schools that it gives me pleasure to see lose, the fuskers are on top of that list.

Also includes Pedo State, Notre Dame, Texas, USC, BYU, Boise, and whichever SEC team ESecPN is touting as the greatest thing ever.

My dad is a Penn State alumn and we watched them as much as we could while I was growing up. I don't like them though but when I was growing up CU was amazing and they were my team. I wanted them to play PSU to kick their asses. But I admire buff fans in your generation because you guys are still fans even with all the ****ty football for the last 14 years. It's why I give tini a lot of slack. I don't know how you guys do it.

Yeah, it's tough. Since the time I attended CU, right up to present day, I have never rooted for a winning team. I wasn't even around for the GB years.

Not sure I will even know what to do when this thing finally gets turned around.

Back