What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games & teams thread

Tuesday games we care about (NET ranks):

Alabama (7) at Florida (34), 5pm, ESPN. Roll Tide!

Tulane (140) at USF (79), 5pm, ESPN+. Go Fightin NotSures! Somehow USF is #24 in AP poll & assumed to be on the right side of the bubble.

Syracuse (83) at Clemson (25), 5pm, ESPN2. Go Cuse! I think. The committee has a history of inexplicably slotting Boeheim into the Dance.

Providence (62) at Georgetown (202), 5pm, FS1. Hoya, Hoya, Hoya! For some reason, the bracketologists love the Friars.

Ole Miss (78) at Georgia (104), 5pm, SECN. Go Dawgs! This could pretty much undo the Ole Miss bubble talk.

Detroit Mercy (359) vs Milwaukee (227), 6pm, ESPN+. 1st rd of Horizon tourney, which we want Milwaukee to win.

Texas Tech (42) at Oklahoma State (116), 6pm, ESPN+. Go Pokes!

Cincinnati (45) at Oklahoma (41), 6pm, ESPN+. Go Bearcats! For whatever reason, OU's considered a 9-seed by bracketologists while no one has Cincy on their dance card.

Dayton (21) at St. Louis (217), 7pm, CBSSN. Go Billikens!

GA Tech (133) at Wake Forest (31), 7pm, ACCN. Yellow Jackets to shock the world!

Florida State (93) at Pittsburgh (44), 7pm, ESPN2. Noles can help us a ton tonight.

St. John's (38) at DePaul (321), 7pm, FS1. Blue Demons upset would be so juicy!

Nevada (40) at Boise State (24), 9pm, FS1. Nevada's much more bubbly, so go Boise!

Last edited:
Most results didn't go our way tonight, but I expected that.

On the positive side, Milwaukee won, Ole Miss, Syracuse & KSU losing makes them very long shots to Dance, and the Wake Forest home loss to a bad GA Tech squad is all sorts of good for us.

Most results didn't go our way tonight, but I expected that.

On the positive side, Milwaukee won, Ole Miss, Syracuse & KSU losing makes them very long shots to Dance, and the Wake Forest home loss to a bad GA Tech squad is all sorts of good for us.
How is Providence and the ole Buffs coaching staff looking?

How is Providence and the ole Buffs coaching staff looking?
They're on the right side of the bubble, I think.

Big East looks like UConn, Marquette and Creighton as absolute locks with Villanova, St. John's and Providence in good shape while Seton Hall is knocking on the door.

Tuesday games we care about (NET ranks):

Alabama (7) at Florida (34), 5pm, ESPN. Roll Tide!

Tulane (140) at USF (79), 5pm, ESPN+. Go Fightin NotSures! Somehow USF is #24 in AP poll & assumed to be on the right side of the bubble.

Syracuse (83) at Clemson (25), 5pm, ESPN2. Go Cuse! I think. The committee has a history of inexplicably slotting Boeheim into the Dance.

Providence (62) at Georgetown (202), 5pm, FS1. Hoya, Hoya, Hoya! For some reason, the bracketologists love the Friars.

Ole Miss (78) at Georgia (104), 5pm, SECN. Go Dawgs! This could pretty much undo the Ole Miss bubble talk.

Detroit Mercy (359) vs Milwaukee (227), 6pm, ESPN+. 1st rd of Horizon tourney, which we want Milwaukee to win.

Texas Tech (42) at Oklahoma State (116), 6pm, ESPN+. Go Pokes!

Cincinnati (45) at Oklahoma (41), 6pm, ESPN+. Go Bearcats! For whatever reason, OU's considered a 9-seed by bracketologists while no one has Cincy on their dance card.

Dayton (21) at St. Louis (217), 7pm, CBSSN. Go Billikens!

GA Tech (133) at Wake Forest (31), 7pm, ACCN. Yellow Jackets to shock the world!

Florida State (93) at Pittsburgh (44), 7pm, ESPN2. Noles can help us a ton tonight.

St. John's (38) at DePaul (321), 7pm, FS1. Blue Demons upset would be so juicy!

Nevada (40) at Boise State (24), 9pm, FS1. Nevada's much more bubbly, so go Boise!

You know Boeheim isn't at Syracuse anymore right?

Villanova (25 NET/24 KenPom) playing at Seton Hall (67/60) on FS1 right now. Nova's a lock, but for some reason the bracketologists love Seton Hall right now. Go Nova!

FWIW - I’ve been watch quite a bit of A10 basketball lately because, well, Hulu runs that sh!t constantly these days. I have to say that conference is pretty damn mediocre.

FWIW - I’ve been watch quite a bit of A10 basketball lately because, well, Hulu runs that sh!t constantly these days. I have to say that conference is pretty damn mediocre.
Down year in the A10. VCU is below its norm, Temple too. Dayton's having a great year and Richmond's good. Not much beyond that. Loyola-Chi, St. Joe's, UMass & the Bonnies all worthy of NIT consideration, I suppose, along with VCU and Richmond (if the Spiders don't snag the Dance auto).

Pepperdine (one of the worst teams on CU's resume) is coasting in the WCC tournament opening round.

How bad is Pacific? Pepperdine was up 56-9 at halftime. 😲
0-16 in conference play. Pacific is awful. Of course they beat Cal in the first game of the year. Other wins for Pacific this year include a dead last in the NET Mississippi Valley State, 301st ranked Le Moyne, and 215th ranked Lamar, and 2 non D1 wins.

Utah about to lose to Oregon State.
If OSU doesn't blow it... bad result for our computer math, but we're golden on that regardless. Would be a fantastic result for bubble consolidations (folks like Utah).

If you want to root for chaos, if Utah loses to Oregon and UCLA loses to ASU, there will be 5 teams tied at 9-11. Who knows who we would be playing in that situation.

I have a question in regards to Missouri Valley Conference tournament. Does the outcome of Indiana St vs Missouri St game have any bearing on Buffs making the NCAA Tournament? If Missouri St wins and a team other than Indiana St wins the tournament will The MVC have 2 qualifiers? Should we pull for Indiana St to win outright?

I have a question in regards to Missouri Valley Conference tournament. Does the outcome of Indiana St vs Missouri St game have any bearing on Buffs making the NCAA Tournament? If Missouri St wins and a team other than Indiana St wins the tournament will The MVC have 2 qualifiers? Should we pull for Indiana St to win outright?
It's questionable that Indiana State would get an at-large and there would be a bid steal by the MVC. But possible.

My biggest concerns on that are the WCC (Zags & Gaels are in even if someone else wins the conference tourney), A-10 if Dayton doesn't win, and possibly AAC if FL Atlantic doesn't win. I don't really see anything else.

P.S. with the MVC, the team that's sneaky close to being on the right side of the bubble is Drake. 24-6 with #48 NET and 3-1 in Q1 games.

Last edited:
It's questionable that Indiana State would get an at-large and there would be a bid steal by the MVC. But possible.

My biggest concerns on that are the WCC (Zags & Gaels are in even if someone else wins the conference tourney), A-10 if Dayton doesn't win, and possibly AAC if FL Atlantic doesn't win. I don't really see anything else.

P.S. with the A-10, the team that's sneaky close to being on the right side of the bubble is Drake. 24-6 with #48 NET and 3-1 in Q1 games.
Drake is MVC. Pretty good team. Richmond, who we beat, has locked up the A-10 regular season title. They don't have an at large resume that's any good, best non-conference win is over UNLV, but that's turned into a REALLY nice win for us, even if their metrics don't lead to a Q1 result for us.

Drake is MVC. Pretty good team. Richmond, who we beat, has locked up the A-10 regular season title. They don't have an at large resume that's any good, best non-conference win is over UNLV, but that's turned into a REALLY nice win for us, even if their metrics don't lead to a Q1 result for us.
UNLV starts getting interesting if they beat Nevada. They've gotten good as the season's progressed. And, yeah, Richmond was a very nice win for our Buffs. Never would have thought that would end up being much bigger for us than the blowout of Miami.

- edited the A-10/MVC thing on Drake. Thank you for clearing my brain fart.

in Blacksburg for the ND-VT game tomorrow. Certainly not a high profile game but tickets were pretty reasonable plus it's the only ACC town in this region we've never been to.

Creighton held on on the road at Nova.

South Carolina fouled with 1 second left, MSU hit two free throws to send the game to OT

UNLV starts getting interesting if they beat Nevada. They've gotten good as the season's progressed. And, yeah, Richmond was a very nice win for our Buffs. Never would have thought that would end up being much bigger for us than the blowout of Miami.

- edited the A-10/MVC thing on Drake. Thank you for clearing my brain fart.
Their NET right now is right around 75. I don't know their body of work very well, but they might be a team who needs to win the MWC tournament to get in.

Speaking of that tournament, I'm hoping UNM gets bounced early. They're the one of that group of MWC teams who is closest to the bubble....probably because of that really bad home L to AFA. Rammies tied with AFA at half today. Could CSU going down there put them on the bubble?

On the WCC......assuming we get a Gonzaga-St Marys title game, is the loser in? I

I'm pulling hard for UConn tonight. Providence getting a win like that could jump them ahead of us.

Last edited:

P.S. with the MVC, the team that's sneaky close to being on the right side of the bubble is Drake. 24-6 with #48 NET and 3-1 in Q1 games.

Jayhawks getting hammered by Houston

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Back