What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games & teams thread

Hell of a finish between New Mexico and Utah State
Danny Sprinkle of Utah State could be the national coach of the year. Had zero returning scoring from last year's team after taking over in April and were picked in the preseason among the cellar dwellers in the MWC. Ranked #22. 26-5 record. Outright won the toughest MWC ever.

Does he bolt after 1 year? Some big jobs are gonna come calling since he was also great at Montana State (4 years, Danced the last 2, only 47 years old).

Danny Sprinkle of Utah State could be the national coach of the year. Had zero returning scoring from last year's team after taking over in April and were picked in the preseason among the cellar dwellers in the MWC. Ranked #22. 26-5 record. Outright won the toughest MWC ever.

Does he bolt after 1 year? Some big jobs are gonna come calling since he was also great at Montana State (4 years, Danced the last 2, only 47 years old).
Oooh boy. If Hopkins is out at Washington......isn't he probably the first guy they call? My mentor had that game tonight. Thought they did a good job with that finish. They missed that no rim call at the end, but odds are USU gets fouled, hits one, and UNM needs a miracle heave to tie the game. Lobo fans are pissed, but its not a big deal.

UNM might be on the outside looking in for now.

Arizona State-UCLA has implications for us. If UCLA wins, we get the Utah-ASU winner. If Utah beats them, that's probably a Q1 opportunity for us.....Yoots' net is low 40s.

Last edited:
That'll be a tough one for me too. Mainly because some other teams I think are talented enough to win it are just too damn inconsistent or are lacking something. I don't trust Kansas, Arizona, or Duke for sure. There are others but those teams stick out in my mind. Sorry @Buffnik, I was replying to your post about Houston and UConn but fvcked it up. :D

UConn and Houston are in a tier of their own for me.

I like Kentucky to go deep as a value pick from the top 4 seeds.
Gonzaga, Texas, and Florida all have a lot of juice to make a run from the middle seeds.
Colorado, St. John's, and Villanova have potential to go deep from the last at large grouping.
I will have to wait and see about the small conference AQs but I like Indiana St., JMU, and Memphis if they make it.

Gonzaga, Texas, and Florida all have a lot of juice to make a run from the middle seeds.
Colorado, St. John's, and Villanova have potential to go deep from the last at large grouping.
I will have to wait and see about the small conference AQs but I like Indiana St., JMU, and Memphis if they make it.
Kentucky, like Alabama, has the firepower to go deep in the tournament if they play defense. Fun offenses to watch.

JMU and FAU have a lot of firepower

Agree on UConn and Houston. Watch out for Tennessee too-Dalton Knecht is really good.

Villanova has no business making this tournament without a Big East title. 17-14 overall record. 10-10 in league. Three quad 3 losses (@Penn, St Joes, and Drexel).

Last edited:
Watching Iowa-Illinois. Not saying Iowa is a bad team, but why the hell are they comfortably in the tournament? A bunch of wins over other middling Big 10 teams and a bubbly Seton Hall? The big 10’s reputation this year is dumb.
Even Illinois who is 22-8- only one less Loss than CU has lost every big game they’ve had against Marquette Purdue and Tennessee and their “good” wins are Nebraska, Florida Atlantic (less impressive now) and they split against Northwestern and Michigan State.

Even Illinois who is 22-8- only one less Loss than CU has lost every big game they’ve had against Marquette Purdue and Tennessee and their “good” wins are Nebraska, Florida Atlantic (less impressive now) and they split against Northwestern and Michigan State.
Iowa has a quad 3 L. We don't. Another team that should not get into the NCAA tournament ahead of us. We get to the conference championship.....and we have a comparable resume to Illinois.

Who’s considered a top 3/4 seed in the tourney. Very crazy the differences in perspectives
Its weird.

More good news coming out of the Big Sky tournament-Eastern Washington's the top seed, and they're trailing ****ty Sac State by 5 with 4 to go. That would make Northern Colorado the highest remaining seed left in that tournament at #2.

Sac State bounces EWU.

Last edited:
Agree on UConn and Houston. Watch out for Tennessee too-Dalton Knecht is really good.

Villanova has no business making this tournament without a Big East title. 17-14 overall record. 10-10 in league. Three quad 3 losses (@Penn, St Joes, and Drexel).
I love Dalton Knecht but I don't trust Rick Barnes in the tournament. Their kryptonite the last few years has been some untimely ice cold shooting. Knecht should help with that.

Sure. I don't think Villanova should be in based on resume but there's always a team that squeaks in and goes on a run.

I love Dalton Knecht but I don't trust Rick Barnes in the tournament. Their kryptonite the last few years has been some untimely ice cold shooting. Knecht should help with that.

Sure. I don't think Villanova should be in based on resume but there's always a team that squeaks in and goes on a run.
That might actually be us this year LOL. Maybe St Johns. I wouldn't have as big an issue with them in as I would 'Nova barring a Big East tourney title.

Watching Iowa-Illinois. Not saying Iowa is a bad team, but why the hell are they comfortably in the tournament? A bunch of wins over other middling Big 10 teams and a bubbly Seton Hall? The big 10’s reputation this year is dumb.

True, but B10 fans will, as usual, sh*t the bed when choosing brackets and we will reap the cash rewards. Can't wait to see those Purdue brackets again.

Cincinnati (#41 NET) getting smoked by WVU midway thru 2H of the B12T. If it holds up, they're done for Dance consideration.

I guess I put the hex on WVU. Cincy came back from 16 down in 12 minutes & won by 5. Maybe I shouldn't comment while these games are still in progress. 😂
The crappy thing here too is they are playing Kansas next who is resting their top 2 players who are banged up in Dickinson and McCuller. If Cincy wins it looks like this amazing Q1 win even though there should be a huge caveat....

Same reason Buffs should get a bump for playing a bunch without their top players, teams shouldn't get rewarded for beating teams with top players out ..hard to quantify it all.

It would be like if the buffs beat Zona without Love and Ballo.

Last edited:
Miami, Iona and Milwaukee games all about to get started. Milwaukee is playing for the Horizon autobid.

Miami, Iona and Milwaukee games all about to get started. Milwaukee is playing for the Horizon autobid.
Crazy for Milwaukee considering they are two years removed from the Patric Baldwin Senior and Jr season that they were 10-25. Great turn around for Bart Lundy.

Back