What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games thread -- Conference Play!

Hokies off to a hot start at the Dean Dome.

hate that powder blue all over the arena.

Justin Robinson is insanely hot going 7 for 8 from 3-point range in the first half and VT is up big over Cuse. I didn't realize that VT has 3 of the top 5 3-point shooters in the ACC.

Justin Robinson is insanely hot going 7 for 8 from 3-point range in the first half and VT is up big over Cuse. I didn't realize that VT has 3 of the top 5 3-point shooters in the ACC.
Broken toe. Out 4-6 weeks.

GODDAMNIT!!!!!

Looks like a damn boy's club game, 24 points? That's crazy, to me. Did they actually let them play defense or what?

Looks like a damn boy's club game, 24 points? That's crazy, to me. Did they actually let them play defense or what?
I'm on the road and didn't see the game, just the score, recaps and message board posts. sounds like both teams played great D in the first half and State just couldn't spit in the ocean all day long.

Sheep hanging with Nevada tonight. They’re wearing their Colorado flag uniforms and it angers me.

Stanford just scored its 4th point at Oregon. There is 6 minutes left in the first half. This conference is dumb.

Long scoring draughts and slow starts are the seedy underbelly of tadball.
Along with the announcers and we fans having that moment of realization that the Buffs are still within striking range on the scoreboard - somehow, despite the horror show we'd just watched for he last 10 minutes of game time - and that we just need a couple stops with some made baskets to gag out a win.

Along with the announcers and we fans having that moment of realization that the Buffs are still within striking range on the scoreboard - somehow, despite the horror show we'd just watched for he last 10 minutes of game time - and that we just need a couple stops with some made baskets to gag out a win.
It's not beautiful usually, but it does work

Kentucky just got hosed at the buzzer. LSU tip in clearly beat the clock, but was obviously offensive basket interference, even if Dickie V and ESPN are trying to gaslight viewers. They reviewed it, but I don’t think the basket interference part is reviewable, but the clock is reviewed.

I can't believe Duke won that game, unreal. They got after it on D in the 2nd and hit some big shots.

Louisville was up 23 on duke with less than 10 minutes left. I turned it off. Duke wins by 2.
So... I haven't really payed a TON of attention to college basketball this year, but can someone explain to me why Duke is ranked second in the coaches and AP poll behind Tennessee? To my eye Duke have been the best team all year, although I admittedly have watched very little of Tennessee. That said, Duke's schedule looks much, MUCH tougher than Tennessee's.

I understand that they have a couple of common opponents- Gonzaga (who beat Duke by 2 and who Tennessee beat by 3- both on a neutral court) and Louisville (who Tennessee beat more handily than Duke, but it was a neutral court game for Tenn and a road game for Duke). I also understand that Duke's second loss is worse than Tennesee's, although Syracuse needed OT and Syracuse have only lost once on the road this year.

However, Duke has played 7 teams in the current top 25 (6-1) and Tennesee's played 3 (2-1). I would also argue that the other ACC teams that make up Duke's schedule are much tougher than the SEC teams making up the rest of Tennesee's schedule.

So... I haven't really payed a TON of attention to college basketball this year, but can someone explain to me why Duke is ranked second in the coaches and AP poll behind Tennessee? To my eye Duke have been the best team all year, although I admittedly have watched very little of Tennessee. That said, Duke's schedule looks much, MUCH tougher than Tennessee's.

I understand that they have a couple of common opponents- Gonzaga (who beat Duke by 2 and who Tennessee beat by 3- both on a neutral court) and Louisville (who Tennessee beat more handily than Duke, but it was a neutral court game for Tenn and a road game for Duke). I also understand that Duke's second loss is worse than Tennesee's, although Syracuse needed OT and Syracuse have only lost once on the road this year.

However, Duke has played 7 teams in the current top 25 (6-1) and Tennesee's played 3 (2-1). I would also argue that the other ACC teams that make up Duke's schedule are much tougher than the SEC teams making up the rest of Tennesee's schedule.

I think you may have answered your own question. Duke still gets plenty of 1st place votes, but in a meaningless poll, it's fair to award TN for their record and play so far. The deserve the top seed just based on wins and losses. Duke was still the committee's top overall seed last week. I too have watched very little TN, but I think they look good. They're a vet squad too. Zags and MSU look good to me as well.

Sweaty Sean about to lose his 6th straight game before coming to Boulder on Sunday.

Sweaty Sean about to lose his 6th straight game before coming to Boulder on Sunday.

Get 'em while they're already down ... and then step on their throats and grind your heel until you hear something snap.

/yes ... that sounds a little dark. But I REALLY hate AZ b-ball ... I mean really really.

Back