What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games thread -- Conference Play!

Well, seems the topic of the day is, should Zion play anymore this year? I think he should, but I can definitely understand why he'd shut it down. He's not playing today, I see. He should get 100 before he plays, but I don't like this narrative he should just quit now. He doesn't strike me as that type of dude where it's all about me and everyone else can kiss my ass. It is a business decision, though. End of the day, Zion needs to make up HIS own mind about this.

Tennessee-LSU is a very good game. Except they’ve gone to video review 3 times in the last minute and a half. It’s horrendous. Ban video reviews.

Tennessee-LSU is a very good game. Except they’ve gone to video review 3 times in the last minute and a half. It’s horrendous. Ban video reviews.

You need them to an extent, but agree with you torero-the overuse of replay in this game is silly. One of these reviews was on that block on Schofield-why are we going back to look at whether or not he's in the circle (which would be an auto block) if the official calls a block?

Hokies get a needed road win to keep hope of a conference tourney 4 seed alive. Next two: Duke, @FSU

now Go Buffs! Going out with the wife -- won't watch that one until tomorrow AM.

Hokies get a needed road win to keep hope of a conference tourney 4 seed alive. Next two: Duke, @FSU

now Go Buffs! Going out with the wife -- won't watch that one until tomorrow AM.

Even though ND is not very good conference road wins are always tough to come by. Next 2 will very tough, I wouldn't be surprised to see Zion back on Tuesday and FSU is very good despite the fact that they forgot to show up today.

So I am looking at purchasing my session tickets for the tourney, and am looking at where CU is likely to finish.

Would appear that best we can finish is 4th and worst we can finish is 9th (not helpful, I know). CU is in a bad spot because of the tiebreakers. ASU has the only win over UW, giving them a tiebreaker over everyone else. Utah has the tiebreaker over CU, even in the case of a split, because they beat Stanford, and CU did not. If CU wins out, meaning they sweep the LA schools, CU does have the tiebreaker over USC and UCLA.

If CU wins out, the worst they can finish is 5th. If CU wins out, worst they can do is 5th. They will need Utah to drop
both games to the LA schools to avoid the tiebreakers.

I think the most likely path is CU at 6th. CU would need to lose to Utah and sweep the LA schools. 6th would work out to likely play WSU in round 1 and OSU in round 2. Would keep the tradition of playing UofA in every single Pac-12 Tournament a real possibility as well.

Last edited:
KU seems to have put that dismantle-ing at the hands of Texas Tech behind them. Team is FEEDING off that crowd.

I think Duke are bored honestly.

If they were undefeated and hadn't just lost to their hated rival, sure...but they were not undefeated and were solidly beaten in a big rivalry game. I dont' think K allows his teams to be bored, especially when they have no reason to be. I didn't watch the game, but I imagine K's quote about VaTech winning the game is accurate.

@Daaah Did you go to the USD-USF game last night? I saw highlights, but of course it wasn't on normal television so I couldn't watch. Buzzer beater from 40 feet to send it to OT?

CU now has a path to the 3 seed because of the OSU loss, at home, to UofA.

3 seed scenario:
OSU to lose out (ASU, @UW, @WSU)
Utah to lose out (@CU, USC, UCLA)
UofA to lose one (@UO, ASU)
CU to win out. (UU, UCLA, UU)

On GameDay, they just had Olajuwon and Elvin Hayes on. I didn't see them play in college, other than on like ESPN Classic or whatever. I think Olajuwon had the best footwork of any big I've ever seen. I knew he didn't play basketball as a kid, I didn't know he was 17 when he started playing, that's crazy.:D

On GameDay, they just had Olajuwon and Elvin Hayes on. I didn't see them play in college, other than on like ESPN Classic or whatever. I think Olajuwon had the best footwork of any big I've ever seen. I knew he didn't play basketball as a kid, I didn't know he was 17 when he started playing, that's crazy.:D
He was a very raw talent in college. Crazy athlete who was disruptive, but the refined post moves off the Dream Shake came later as an NBA player. Was fun to watch him get out on the break and to throw down dunks off alley oops in the half court, though. Kind of the same with Ewing in college -- who was a defensive stopper in college but didn't have the post moves and mid-range jumper until the NBA.

another misplaced post: had dinner in a bar last night and the guy next to me challenged me to name 'the 6 college teams whose mascot name doesn't end in an "S". with a few beers in me, i only got 4, but after i named one, he changed it to 7 teams. even though names like "Buffalo" are plural, we all say Buffalos, so that doesn't count. haven't checked to see if he was right - but no using electronic research.

another misplaced post: had dinner in a bar last night and the guy next to me challenged me to name 'the 6 college teams whose mascot name doesn't end in an "S". with a few beers in me, i only got 4, but after i named one, he changed it to 7 teams. even though names like "Buffalo" are plural, we all say Buffalos, so that doesn't count. haven't checked to see if he was right - but no using electronic research.
Stanford
Tulane
St. John's
Notre Dame
And I'm stuck

Illinois, Syracuse, and NC State too. I bet Bison is some small DI school's name too, even though I can only think of ND State. Whoever asked the question by saying 6 was really wrong. That's like asking name the four programs that have won back to back national championships. Most will probably come up with four, but there have been a few others.

Back