What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Week of 10/12-10/15

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Week 7 of the season, hitting the midpoint as a lot of teams are realizing that they are going to have another season of nothing special, or worse. Coaches are getting fired and a lot of fans are at the lets have a good time at the tailgate stage.

Last week was redemption week for some schools. Texas destroyed rival Oklahoma, CSU won for the first time in ages, Arizona State beat Washington, even Connecticut won. And in a battle of the bad the fuskers managed to beat Rutgers.

This week will likely be redemption to regression for at least some of these schools.

Wednesday is Louisiana ((2-3) at Marshall ((3-2) Thursday we have the Baylor Bear(ly any morals) bringing their (3-2) record (and their legal record) to West Virginia (2-3) with both teams hoping to take a step towards some kind of decent bowl.

Friday is another exhibition of less than inspiring as Navy (2-3) is at SMU (2-3) and Temple (2-3) is likely to get smashed at UCF (4-1.)

Saturday we leave the blahs behind. Six count them six games matching two top 25 teams with three of them matching undefeated teams this late in the season.

Starting the day of (10) Pedo State (5-0) is at (5) Michigan (6-0) in a game that Michigan hopes propels them solidly into the playoff discussion leading up to their end of the season meeting with Ohio State.

Also early in a game of interest Texas (22) has been known to stumble after big wins. It’s been a long times since they had one as big as last weeks beat down of Oklahoma. Iowa State (3-3) is probably better than their record and has been known to derail the hopes of ranked teams.

1:30 Games include (15) North Carolina State at (18) Syracuse but that isn’t the big game or even second at that time.

Instead viewers get to decide between (8) Oklahoma State (5-0) at (13) TCU (5-0) in a game that may end up deciding the B12 or (3) Alabama (6-0) visiting (6) Tennessee (5-0). Alabama has dominated college football for the past decade while Tennessee has dreamed or returning to glory. This is what their fans have been waiting for.

If those games aren’t enough the evening games have (16 Mississippi State (5-1) at (22) Kentucky (4-2) and (7) Southern Cal (6-0) trying to stay undefeated against (20) Utah (4-2) who will be trying to save a season that was rolling along until losing to UCLA last week.

Blowout of the week could be Vandy (3-3) who has lost 3 of their last 4 including a 55-3 squeaker at Alabama. This week they get the pleasure of visiting Georgia (1) who just slipped by Auburn 42-10. The only thing that will limit this beatdown is how quickly Georgia calls off the (bull)dogs and plays the walk-ons.

Outside of USC at Utah not much inspiring in the PAC this week with the best one likely to be Washington State (4-2) at Oregon State (4-2.) Stumbling Stanford (1-4) could redeem their season with an upset at a less than impressive Notre Dame (3-2.)

With the teams we love to see lose Michigan State (2-4) with their short pants coach host Wisconsin (3-3) whose Interim coach would like to be more than short time.

Nebraska (3-3) interim coach Mickey Joseph isn’t likely to find Purdue (4-2) as welcoming at Rutgers was last weekend. Purdues only losses are to top 25 teams and they are favored by about as much as Nebraska managed to score last week.

Locally CSU (1-4) host Utah State (2-4) who is better than their record and beat the Air Force last week. Rams will probably get back to their losing ways in their shiny new, mostly empty stadium.

Air Force (4-2) will have a battle to get back to winning at UNLV (4-2.)

Wyoming gets the week off.

With a strong contender for rotten game of the week interstate rivals meet with New Mexico (2-4) at New Mexico State (1-5)

The good news for Northern Colorado (2-4) is that they are back home. The bad news is that after giving up 110 points in two weeks on the road things don’t get easier with Montana State (5-1) coming in.

Big weekend in the RMAC.

Colorado Mines (4-0,4-2) is along on the top of the standings but goes to South Dakota Mines (3-1,4-2) needing to win to hold on to the lead.

Western (3-1,3-3) and tied for second is at tough Black Hills state (3-1,5-1.)

In the battle for the bottom Mesa (0-4,1-4) should be confident of a win against visiting Fort Lewis (0-4,0-5)

Pueblo (2-2,3-3) brings in a tougher than expected New Mexico Highlands (3-1, 3-2).

Did not have the Dakota schools playing for the top of the RMAC on my bingo card. SD Mines hammered Western in Gunny last week.

Did not have the Dakota schools playing for the top of the RMAC on my bingo card. SD Mines hammered Western in Gunny last week.
The RMAC is Mines' to lose. Their losses are to the #2 and #3 teams in the nation by a combined total of 6 points.

And if anyone wants to make some money, hammer that Montana State line.

The RMAC is Mines' to lose. Their losses are to the #2 and #3 teams in the nation by a combined total of 6 points.

And if anyone wants to make some money, hammer that Montana State line.
Don't disagree, but depending on how the Lone Star shakes out, one of the two dakota schools could be in the hunt for a bid.

If Young isn't 100%, Alabama loses in Knoxville.
That would be very interesting if it happened.

Alabama is still loaded but they aren't quite as dominant on the OL as they have been in recent years. Still way ahead of most schools but not sending a bunch of first rounders out there every play.

If Tennessee can slow down the running game enough to force them to pass without Young their passing efficiency goes down and the potential for a loss goes up.

Zero inside knowledge but the last couple years it has seemed that Saban is not at the level of intensity as he was before.

If Tennessee wins and Bama struggles some more this year would Saban decide he has had enough and retire?

i liked josh heupel as a player....but he does not like a healthy man 20 years later.

he WAS the OC when Oklahoma upset Bama in the last McCarron year......Auburn kick 6.

doing a great job at Tenn but i think Bama, while looking a bit mortal, still puts the new boss same as the old boss on the Vols. go home to T-Town with a W. maybe tight but don't think Rocky Top is just there yet.

that said: Bama lost at ATM last year and still had a chance at the end (playoff).

i like the wazzou-oregon state game and oklahoma state@ TCU. games i'll check in on.

utah is not what i thought with rising coming back but i'd like to see them put down USC. like so many of our USC games, too bad that game isn't a month from now.

That would be very interesting if it happened.

Alabama is still loaded but they aren't quite as dominant on the OL as they have been in recent years. Still way ahead of most schools but not sending a bunch of first rounders out there every play.

If Tennessee can slow down the running game enough to force them to pass without Young their passing efficiency goes down and the potential for a loss goes up.

Zero inside knowledge but the last couple years it has seemed that Saban is not at the level of intensity as he was before.

If Tennessee wins and Bama struggles some more this year would Saban decide he has had enough and retire.
I'd agree. That game comes down to Young. Jalen Milroe is the kind of kid who can probably get you through a game against a team like A&M and probably comfortably beat a bad Auburn team later in the year if you need him to do it. Tennessee's really good. If Milroe has to play, Alabama's in huge trouble. This game is a little expendable for them IMO though. They have Ole Miss (who could lay an egg somewhere), but they're likely to win the West IMO.

The East is a lot more wide open. Georgia hasn't looked like vintage Georgia the last three weeks. Kentucky's very good. Tennessee's a CFP contender. Florida's no cupcake.

I'd agree. That game comes down to Young. Jalen Milroe is the kind of kid who can probably get you through a game against a team like A&M and probably comfortably beat a bad Auburn team later in the year if you need him to do it. Tennessee's really good. If Milroe has to play, Alabama's in huge trouble. This game is a little expendable for them IMO though. They have Ole Miss (who could lay an egg somewhere), but they're likely to win the West IMO.

The East is a lot more wide open. Georgia hasn't looked like vintage Georgia the last three weeks. Kentucky's very good. Tennessee's a CFP contender. Florida's no cupcake.

I agree that Alabama needs Young in this game but he will play in this game. I think the bigger matchup is Tennessee's offense going up against Bama's defense which ranks in the top 10 in multiple categories. And Hooker hasn't faced the kind of pressure he will against the Tide. I don't have a strong feel for this game either way but Alabama looks like a team who is going to lose a game somewhere along the way, especially if they don't clean up the penalties and turnovers.

As big as this game is I'd say it's more expendable for Tennessee because win or lose they're going to have to beat Georgia to get to Atlanta.

I agree that Alabama needs Young in this game but he will play in this game. I think the bigger matchup is Tennessee's offense going up against Bama's defense which ranks in the top 10 in multiple categories. And Hooker hasn't faced the kind of pressure he will against the Tide. I don't have a strong feel for this game either way but Alabama looks like a team who is going to lose a game somewhere along the way, especially if they don't clean up the penalties and turnovers.

As big as this game is I'd say it's more expendable for Tennessee because win or lose they're going to have to beat Georgia to get to Atlanta.
They need him to be healthy. Zero point in the suspense if you're Alabama. If Young is healthy......say it. The fact that they haven't tells me alot.

Going Vols and the points if he plays and Vols ML if he doesn't.

West Virginia giving Baylor a much better game tonight than I expected.

Baylor just marched down the field to score a TD to take the lead but WVU blocked the extra point and returned it for 2 points. 37-33 Baylor kicking off to WVU.

You're up Ralphie

Boooooo ... the pony ****ting video was taken down by twitter 💩💩💩

Last edited:
This week's games are starting out kind of sh!tty.

Peruna ate some Mexican food before the game I guess. Anyway, I saw something in this game about 10 minutes or so ago I've never seen before. Navy was in hurry up mode trying to clock it. Well, the QB didn't get the snap clean and never really controlled it. He finally spiked the damn thing and got called for intentional grounding. :D I laughed about it, I don't recall seeing that before, not like that.

You're up Ralphie

Would be fun to see Ralphie run after touchdowns. Wouldn't happen much this year but could get very interesting with sidelines full of players and all the rest of the people on the field during a game

Ped state has as many first downs as TD's and had the lead 🤣

274-83 yards 18-1 first downs

Indeed. That OL is good.
Amazing how actually recruiting and developing a quality OL can impact an entire team.

Make an average QB look better, make good RBs look better, allow the offense to control field position and clock helping the defense.

None of which we have seen in Boulder for a long time.

Ryan Walters may not be the next CU coach, but he is trending towards a bigger payday somewhere. His D is so good. Gave up 14 points and 7 of that was from a UM pick that put their offense starting at Illinois 8.

Back