What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games week of 8/29-8/31

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
It's back and so is the other games thread.

Yeah, I know we had two games last week in which Arizona managed to embarrass the PAC losing to a G5 Hawaii team that tried to give them the game with six turnovers but they couldn’t take it.

We also saw a ranked (or rank) Florida team manage to beat Miami despite looking boring in another turnover fest.

With all that we can now truly say “College football is back.”

We start with a Thursday night game involving UCLA travelling to Cincinnati. Are the Bruins as bad as we think they might be. Here's a chance for them to lose to a mediocre team on national TV and start the season off right.

This week’s only game involving two ranked teams has (11) Oregon playing (16) Auburn. This game could have a lot to do with if the PAC gets a spot in the playoff this year.

Most of the rest of the top 25 are playing glorified scout teams and other programs being paid to come in and get beat up for a big check.

The most notable exception to that is (14) Utah playing their traditional rival BYU in a game that often doesn’t go to form. How many BYU fans acting like Utah fans acting like BYU fans acting like Utah fans will be on the message boards this week leading up to the game.

In other games that could be at least mildly interesting (1) Clemson host Georgia Tech and (25) Stanford takes on Northwestern.

In a game of interest to Buffs fans the fuskers do more of their impressive scheduling managing to find out that a school exist called South Alabama and it actually has a football team they can schedule.

Of local interest AFA hosts mighty Colgate. In a potential upset alert Missouri travels to Laramie to play the Cowboys. It would be better if they were playing in any of the roughly 10 months per year that the weather is lousy but Laramie is a tough place to play, don’t be surprised if Wyoming comes out on top.

Northern Colorado is an FCS team and not a very good one at that. They though get their shot at beating an FBS opponent as they play at San Jose State, a school that sometimes leads people to wonder why they bother to have a team. This is a Friday night game you can check in on if the Buffs beatdown of the the sheep becomes to painful to watch.

With the Buffs blowing up the Rams of Friday night Saturday would be a great chance to catch some D2 action with local RMAC teams opening the season as well.

All three teams of top interest travel this week. Colorado Mines goes to Adams State in Alamosa, Mesa goes to South Dakota Mines, and CSU Pueblo makes a trip to a tough place to play in Dixie State in St. George Utah.

Boise State vs Florida State could also be a fun one. Florida State hasn't been great lately but several have projected them to take a big step forward this year. Boise likewise hasn't been their normal dominant self but this is a chance to start out right.

It's back and so is the other games thread.

Yeah, I know we had two games last week in which Arizona managed to embarrass the PAC losing to a G5 Hawaii team that tried to give them the game with six turnovers but they couldn’t take it.

We also saw a ranked (or rank) Florida team manage to beat Miami despite looking boring in another turnover fest.

With all that we can now truly say “College football is back.”

We start with a Thursday night game involving UCLA travelling to Cincinnati. Are the Bruins as bad as we think they might be. Here's a chance for them to lose to a mediocre team on national TV and start the season off right.

This week’s only game involving two ranked teams has (11) Oregon playing (16) Auburn. This game could have a lot to do with if the PAC gets a spot in the playoff this year.

Most of the rest of the top 25 are playing glorified scout teams and other programs being paid to come in and get beat up for a big check.

The most notable exception to that is (14) Utah playing their traditional rival BYU in a game that often doesn’t go to form. How many BYU fans acting like Utah fans acting like BYU fans acting like Utah fans will be on the message boards this week leading up to the game.

In other games that could be at least mildly interesting (1) Clemson host Georgia Tech and (25) Stanford takes on Northwestern.

In a game of interest to Buffs fans the fuskers do more of their impressive scheduling managing to find out that a school exist called South Alabama and it actually has a football team they can schedule.

Of local interest AFA hosts mighty Colgate. In a potential upset alert Missouri travels to Laramie to play the Cowboys. It would be better if they were playing in any of the roughly 10 months per year that the weather is lousy but Laramie is a tough place to play, don’t be surprised if Wyoming comes out on top.

Northern Colorado is an FCS team and not a very good one at that. They though get their shot at beating an FBS opponent as they play at San Jose State, a school that sometimes leads people to wonder why they bother to have a team. This is a Friday night game you can check in on if the Buffs beatdown of the the sheep becomes to painful to watch.

With the Buffs blowing up the Rams of Friday night Saturday would be a great chance to catch some D2 action with local RMAC teams opening the season as well.

All three teams of top interest travel this week. Colorado Mines goes to Adams State in Alamosa, Mesa goes to South Dakota Mines, and CSU Pueblo makes a trip to a tough place to play in Dixie State in St. George Utah.
Cincy is not mediocre. Good chance to be G5 rep in NY6. Bruins will be better than many think. Huge DL. DTR is slimmer, more mobile, Kelly has new wrinkles in ever-evolving O. Looking past UCLA would be a mistake.

Cincy is not mediocre. Good chance to be G5 rep in NY6. Bruins will be better than many think. Huge DL. DTR is slimmer, more mobile, Kelly has new wrinkles in ever-evolving O. Looking past UCLA would be a mistake.

I think you were the one who pointed out how critical tomorrow is for UCLA. They lose and they're 1-3 in September. I have no clue what to make of that game and I'm staying away from it from a betting perspective.

I think you were the one who pointed out how critical tomorrow is for UCLA. They lose and they're 1-3 in September. I have no clue what to make of that game and I'm staying away from it from a betting perspective.
You or I could probably recruit to UCLA, they don't lack talent.

It is in their genes though to disappoint, that is what they do.

Cincinnati is a very good G5 team but they aren't on par with the top tier P5 teams. This is a game that should be a win for UCLA but I wouldn't bet somebody else's money on it. UCLA is a mess and I think very likely to lose.

Cincinnati is a very good G5 team but they aren't on par with the top tier P5 teams. This is a game that should be a win for UCLA but I wouldn't bet somebody else's money on it. UCLA is a mess and I think very likely to lose.
Honestly I think that this year, this game is even odds for UCLA at best. Cincy will be good.

I'll be at USC vs. Fresno State. Fresno State will be fired up, no doubt, coming off a 12 win season. It'll be interesting to see what the Trojans look like after 9 months of turmoil. Recent reports say they're confident and focused. If they struggle in this one, however, Helton may not make it to November.

Yep. Stay away. Too many unknowns.

I'll be at USC vs. Fresno State. Fresno State will be fired up, no doubt, coming off a 12 win season. It'll be interesting to see what the Trojans look like after 9 months of turmoil. Recent reports say they're confident and focused. If they struggle in this one, however, Helton may not make it to November.

They could whip Fresno and he still might not be the coach when they come to Boulder-I think they've gotta get to the Rose Bowl for him to stay.

Hint: UCLA is not on par with top tier P5 teams. Cincy is favored.

So GT are going from a Triple Option to a pro style offense but they don't have the personnel. Does Dabo take his foot off the gas? I mean I can see that being 35-0 at halftime.

Bryce Thompson's days at TENN could be over. He is a pretty good player.

There seems to be true freshman starting all over the country at QB....is it even a big deal anymore?

How about that Stanford/ Northwestern game? Any thoughts? NU +6.5

Hint: UCLA is not on par with top tier P5 teams. Cincy is favored.
UCLA is a mess. I worry about the day they actually get a competent coach and administration at the same time.

Cincinnati should not be a better program than UCLA but right now they are.

i like Houston getting 24 or something at OU. OU's D can't improve that much in one year, first game in new system....and Holgerson has seen OU many times....i don't need him to win just he and D'Eriq King score some points. i think OU wins but 24 feels like a lot of lumber.

Last edited:
i like Houston getting 24 or something at OU. OU's D can't improve that much in one year, first game in new system....and Holgerson has seen OU many times....i don't need him to win just he and D'Eriq King score some points. i think OU wins but 24 feels like a lot of lumber.
That 24 seemed high against an offense like Houston's. I think you're on the right side of that line.

Agree with you and JR. Houston isn't likely to win but they have some playmakers with speed. Oklahoma has had trouble with that in recent years and they may be better but they aren't going to magically become a lock down defense.

Agree with you and JR. Houston isn't likely to win but they have some playmakers with speed. Oklahoma has had trouble with that in recent years and they may be better but they aren't going to magically become a lock down defense.

The land thieves have the most trouble with teams that run the ball. Army, Iowa state, and even mighty kanzazz gave them fits last year.

So GT are going from a Triple Option to a pro style offense but they don't have the personnel. Does Dabo take his foot off the gas? I mean I can see that being 35-0 at halftime.

Bryce Thompson's days at TENN could be over. He is a pretty good player.

There seems to be true freshman starting all over the country at QB....is it even a big deal anymore?

How about that Stanford/ Northwestern game? Any thoughts? NU +6.5

Agree with that, but I think Dabo could really take his foot off the gas with A&M next week and Syracuse (the one ACC opponent who is good enough to present some issues for for Clemson) by September 14. Clemson jumps on GT, but GT gets some garbage points to cover the number.

Not going to touch Oklahoma period (the over in that one seems like easy money) until I see the defense.

Last edited:

Okay dumb question-If Army finishes ranked above the other G5 league champs, can they take that spot in the NY6?

Let's go Cincy and BYU.
Normally I want PAC teams to win all OOC games because it makes the conference look better nationally and helps us in terms of ranking our top teams.

This time though I hope Cincy hammers UCLA. The more of a mess that UCLA is the better from both recruiting and us getting wins.

BYU is one of those schools I always want to lose and in this case if Utah blast them even better.

It is good for CU for Utah to win these high profile national games at the moment.

Don't care what happens to UCLA.

Normally I want PAC teams to win all OOC games because it makes the conference look better nationally and helps us in terms of ranking our top teams.

This time though I hope Cincy hammers UCLA. The more of a mess that UCLA is the better from both recruiting and us getting wins.

BYU is one of those schools I always want to lose and in this case if Utah blast them even better.

I don't give a **** about the rest of this conference other than us. I have money on BYU, so I'm going to be rooting for them tonight.

As mentioned this is a week that a lot of P5 schools play FCS opponents or Sun Belt type schools trying for an easy win. We also always seem to have one or two of those games not follow expectations.

Who will be this years Appalachian State, NDSU, Eastern Washington, etc. picking up a high profile win?

Huge shocker would be Georgia Southern taking down LSU (and maybe sealing Ogeron's fate.) Would be fun to see Texas State take out aTm. More likely might be Kent State taking out Arizona State.

I don't give a **** about the rest of this conference other than us. I have money on BYU, so I'm going to be rooting for them tonight.
I don't care about those schools but selfishly want CU to look better when they beat them. And I don't care if you lose your money.

I think the sooners drop this one.

As mentioned this is a week that a lot of P5 schools play FCS opponents or Sun Belt type schools trying for an easy win. We also always seem to have one or two of those games not follow expectations.

Who will be this years Appalachian State, NDSU, Eastern Washington, etc. picking up a high profile win?

Huge shocker would be Georgia Southern taking down LSU (and maybe sealing Ogeron's fate.) Would be fun to see Texas State take out aTm. More likely might be Kent State taking out Arizona State.

UNC beats San Jose State! Boom.

I think the sooners drop this one.

Local radio playing the "they (Houston) were ranked 5th in scoring last year" card. Yeah, but that was primarily against the mighty AAC foes.

I'd love to see the Cougs pull an upset, but just don't think it'll happen.

Back