What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games week of 8/29-8/31

Herbert went full "Matt Barkley"! NEVER go full "Matt Barkley." Of course, what would you expect from a kid who left $20+ (100?) million on the table, to play another year in the Eugene rain??? Dude was all but guaranteed the No. 1 pick in this past NFL draft.

Can anybody really go full "Matt Barkley" twice????
Maybe you missed the news about Kingsbury's hardon for Murray, only shown repeatedly everywhere.

Herbert went full "Matt Barkley"! NEVER go full "Matt Barkley." Of course, what would you expect from a kid who left $20+ (100?) million on the table, to play another year in the Eugene rain??? Dude was all but guaranteed the No. 1 pick in this past NFL draft.

Can anybody really go full "Matt Barkley" twice????

No idea what you are talking about, Matt Barkley?

Herbert was never going #1, not to Arizona who hired a new HC solely on his connection with the QB they were always going to take.

No idea what you are talking about, Matt Barkley?

Herbert was never going #1, not to Arizona who hired a new HC solely on his connection with the QB they were always going to take.
Herbert most certainly was...... until he decided to stay. AZ made their choice ONLY after Herbert decided and Murray decided to play FB instead of baseball.

Matt Barkley stupidly decided to stay at U$C for his senior season after he was projected the No. 1 draft choice. That really dumb decision cost him millions when he ended up drafted in the third round after a mediocre SR season! He's now riding the pine for the Bills, making a mere $3 million a year.; while a rookie first round contract would have been double/triple that, with all the career protection a first rounder gets!! (See: Lynch, Paxton---GMs hate to admit they missed on first rounder!)

Oklahoma running the ball at will. Throwing some but doesn't look close to as effectively as the last couple years even though the stats look good.

With all the running wonder if Hurts is at risk of getting injured.

Herbert most certainly was...... until he decided to stay. AZ made their choice ONLY after Herbert decided and Murray decided to play FB instead of baseball.

Matt Barkley stupidly decided to stay at U$C for his senior season after he was projected the No. 1 draft choice. That really dumb decision cost him millions when he ended up drafted in the third round after a mediocre SR season! He's now riding the pine for the Bills, making a mere $3 million a year.; while a rookie first round contract would have been double/triple that, with all the career protection a first rounder gets!! (See: Lynch, Paxton---GMs hate to admit they missed on first rounder!)

I think you just make up a lot of stuff. At no time during the draft process was Herbert a lock to go #1.

Barkley wasn't going #1 after his junior year, and Herbert wasn't going #1 last year. Stop talking out your ass.

Biggest shocker for me had to be Tennessee. Wtf was that, at HOME? Hasn't Georgia State only been on the D-1A level, or whatever it is now, for like 5 years?

Biggest shocker for me had to be Tennessee. Wtf was that, at HOME? Hasn't Georgia State only been on the D-1A level, or whatever it is now, for like 5 years?
Yeah. I expected Tennessee to turn the corner this year.

I still think they will, at least somewhat. They're going to spoil some seasons in the SEC.

Yeah. I expected Tennessee to turn the corner this year.

I still think they will, at least somewhat. They're going to spoil some seasons in the SEC.
I would hope so, with their resources, no excuse to not be competing at a high level. Maybe, I'm wrong on that.

I would hope so, with their resources, no excuse to not be competing at a high level. Maybe, I'm wrong on that.
Program that has won national championship and Heisman with a stadium which seats over 100k.

They're the very definition of a sleeping giant.

Biggest challenge for them is that their in-state recruiting is among the worst in the SEC. So they need to be more of a national program than conference rivals. Their program model has to be more like Michigan and they need to leave the footprint for games.

Program that has won national championship and Heisman with a stadium which seats over 100k.

Biggest challenge for them is that their in-state recruiting is among the worst in the SEC. So they need to be more of a national program than conference rivals. Their program model has to be more like Michigan and they need to leave the footprint for games.
Hard to disagree with that.

Hell, Florida State too, at HOME. I know it was Boise State, but that shouldn't happen. You're up by 18, and lose,smfh?

Sleeping Giant with a dead fan base. All my friends in Tennessee have stopped living and breathing all things Home Depot Orange. A few wins would cure that but the Vol Navy is floating in puked up orange kool aid. This loss just devastated them.

Sleeping Giant with a dead fan base. All my friends in Tennessee have stopped living and breathing all things Home Depot Orange. A few wins would cure that but the Vol Navy is floating in puked up orange kool aid. This loss just devastated them.

As it should. It’s like when we lost to Fresno State, it devastated me.

Clemson and Georgia being national powers really hurts them.

Not expecting much of a game tonight but hopefully Louisville can make it competive. I think Satterfield was a good hire and he takes over an experienced team but they're probably a .500 team at best in his first year.

Back