What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 10/11-10/14

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
No need to mention Iowa State against (4) Oklahoma, they have no shot. Man did I miss that one.
Who is this week’s Iowa State? Which underdog slays the giant?

Weekend already got off to a start with South Alabama beating up on Troy in a Wednesday night game.

Thursday may be the worst all season with 1-5 Texas State playing 2-3 Louisiana.

Big games start on Friday with (3) Clemson likely laying one on 3-3 Syracuse, later (8) Washington State plays Cal

Saturday’s games include zero matches of ranked teams.

Most interesting games look to include a PAC battle with 4-1 Utah going to (13) 5-1 USC. Recent history should make the Trojans worried about this one. Two 4-2 teams meet with Oregon playing at (23) Stanford in a game that could break either teams season.

We also get 3-1 Georgia Tech against (11) Miami and (6) TCU visiting 4-2 Kansas State.

Most attention for the week may be on (12) Oklahoma coming off a huge upset loss to Iowa State playing in the Red River shootout against longtime rival Texas. This is another game that is usually hard to predict.

The best thing about this weekend may be the games are aren’t close.

We should be able to enjoy watching Baylor get destroyed by (14) Oklahoma State.

More fun will be to watch the fusker fans. How much meth will they need to get the image of what (9) Ohio State is going to do to them out of their minds?

Locally CSU should have an easy time of it with a terrible 1-5 Nevada team visiting Lady GaGa Stadium in Ft. Collins. Air Force (1-4) finally catches a winnable game with 2-3 UNLV coming in. 3-2 Wyoming goes to 3-1 Utah State.

UNC gets a bye week.

For the small colleges Pueblo at 5-0 in conference and Mesa at 5-1 continue to lead the conference. Pueblo goes to Ft. Lewis and Mesa goes to Dixie State.

In a battle of the mining engineers Colorado Mines goes to South Dakota Mines.

can someone UBL and give me the background on the Lady Gaga / CSU references (google shows she's playing the Pepsi Center in December but can't find any FoCo shows)?

anyone else looking to go to the AFA game on Saturday?

The great thing about tOSU/Nebraska is that Meyer and his staff hate Riley’s assistants for some cheap counter-recruiting tactics their DUI coach pulled. They won’t pull any punches and will likely cover the 24.5 pt spread in Lincoln lmao.

can someone UBL and give me the background on the Lady Gaga / CSU references (google shows she's playing the Pepsi Center in December but can't find any FoCo shows)?

anyone else looking to go to the AFA game on Saturday?
I believe that there was either a part of their feasibility study or a comment made by one of the AD Admin up in FoCo that the cost of the stadium could be offset by big time, arena-style concerts. I'm not sure if they actually referenced Lady Gaga or that was an Allbuffs add-on.
the-more-you-know.png

Interesting to see another week with the emphasis on Friday instead of Thursday night college football games. Getting to the point where we won't have P5 teams playing on Thursdays. Maybe as soon as next season. It really is too short of a week anyway. And the NFL owns it any more.

Pretty worried about Auburn going to Baton Rouge. Haven't won there since 1999 and the 2007 LSU national championship team is being honored.

Pretty worried about Auburn going to Baton Rouge. Haven't won there since 1999 and the 2007 LSU national championship team is being honored.
Can't give up momentum plays or the energy in that stadium & on that LSU sideline is going to erupt. Dangerous spot.

Second weekend in October and we have no matchups between top 25 teams?

That's weird.

Good point.

I'll watch no matter what, anyway.

The only thing that's possibly affected is me whining about the lack of good games.

I don't think that the lack of top 25 match-ups means a lack of good games. The PAC games and the B12 games could have a lot to say about who plays in the major bowls and even in the playoff. This is a weekend that could knock some top teams out of contention.

The GT- Mia game could be a very good one, Butch Jones may be coaching for his job against S. Carolina and they are a good team.

It's also college football. As I mentioned who would have expected Iowa State to knock of the Sooners? How would the Sooners fans now react if they lose a second in a row to an underperforming but talented Texas team that also has a coach feeling some heat?

Texas A&M against Florida is another game that won't mean much in the rankings but could mean a lot to the coaches and those fans.

Yep, although the "off" weeks seem to produce a disproportionate amount of upsets or surprisingly close calls.

I was listening to Mark Packer on Sirius the other day and he was saying the same thing - that weeks like this with a lackluster schedule tend to produce some wild results.

why are florida games cancelled?

Only one that looks to be cancelled is the S. Florida - UMass game. They rescheduled it for 2022 or 23 to allow S. Florida to fit in a conference game against Cincinnati this week to keep their conference schedule balanced with the rest of the league. UMass will be adding Florida International on Dec. 2 to fill their schedule.

Massive momentum swing, a TD pass to Ishmael gets overturned by an OPI call and then on the next play Syracuse fumbles and Clemson takes it to the house. 14 all now.

LSU o line is in shambles though, I don’t see them having any success against that defense.
Yeah, I think Auburn wins by 2 scores but I’ve been wrong a lot this year lol. I just think their defense + running game + outright physical size will be too much for LSU. But you never know on the road.

Yeah, I think Auburn wins by 2 scores but I’ve been wrong a lot this year lol. I just think their defense + running game + outright physical size will be too much for LSU. But you never know on the road.
Yeah as long as they don’t come out flat in the first quarter and let that stadium come completely alive they should be fine, might be more than two scores if they come out hot. But LSU is always one of those teams that sucks when you think they are going to do well and does great when you think they arare going to suck lol so who knows.

Clemson looking pretty lackluster tonight. I know the QB is banged up, but their offensive line looks suspect, receivers aren’t catching the rock, no running game. Just not sharp.

Clemson looking pretty lackluster tonight. I know the QB is banged up, but their offensive line looks suspect, receivers aren’t catching the rock, no running game. Just not sharp.

Bryant went down right before the half with a concussion. It's doubtful that he returns and it'll probably be true freshman Hunter Johnson playing in the 2nd half.

Yeah as long as they don’t come out flat in the first quarter and let that stadium come completely alive they should be fine, might be more than two scores if they come out hot. But LSU is always one of those teams that sucks when you think they are going to do well and does great when you think they arare going to suck lol so who knows.

LSU has a history of under performing their talent. They do have talent though, lots of it.

If it comes together on a given Saturday they can beat anyone, it's just that the odds are against that happening.

Back