What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 10/27-10/29

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Halloween weekend and we don't have a Buff victory to watch.

Weekend starts with what should be a good one. How many post will this thread get from @hokiehead as his #25 VaTech team visits rival Pittsburgh. Both teams 5-2, this game could have a lot to do with who goes to which bowl out of that conference.

Saturday's biggest game comes from our own PAC 12 with #4 Washington visiting #17 Utah. Utah has pulled some major upsets at home in recent years. Udub probably has to go undefeated for the PAC to be guaranteed a spot in the playoffs.

Others may claim that the game of the day is #7 Nebraska visiting #11 Wisconsin but when Wiscy exposes them for the sham they are blowing them out we won't be hearing that.

Also on the slate is #3 Clemson visiting a Florida State team that has a load of talent and is ranked #12 but that has been less than impressive this year. Do they finally get it together or does Clemson roll them.

We also get #10 West Virginia visiting 5-2 Oklahoma State

A game that is normally a great one but likely won't be this year has #2 Michigan visiting Michigan State. This one frequently sees the underdog win but a 2-5 Sparty just doesn't have enough this year

A few contenders for rout of the week.
Charlie Strong will likely get one step closer to being fired as his Longhorns host a #8 Baylor team that likes to run up the score.

Another coach under some pressure despite being 5-2 and ranked #16 is Bob Stoops and his Oklahoma Sooners. He can relax this weekend as they get a bye. Not really but the closest thing to it in hosting the Kansas Jayhawks

In my pick for scoreboard demolition #9 Texas A&M lost last week to Bama. This week (or weak) they host the Mighty New Mexico State Aggies against whom they will take out their frustrations.

Closer to home
Friday night the reeling AFA Falcons get a get well card by visiting the 1-6 Fresno State . Will Fresno get a boost after firing their coach. They might but Air Force week probably isn't the best time to change coaches as you have to prepare for the AFA option.

Saturday surprising 5-2 Wyoming gets their shot against undefeated and ranked #13 Boise State.

CSU trying to copy big brother has a bye week as well

4-3 Northern Colorado is on the road against the 2-5 Portland State Vikings

Small colleges
Mines host Chadron State
Mesa visits New Mexico Highlands
CSU-Pueblo goes to Adams State

VT/Pitt isn't just about bowling. A VT win leaves them in great shape to win the Coastal. A Pitt win and it remains wide open with UNC in the best shape.

Should also want VT to lose because they're #25 and I don't feel like being jumped in the rankings and at risk of falling out through no fault of our own

In terms of the Sun Bowl (should we end up there), NC State, Pittsburgh or Wake Forest are the prime ACC candidates to end up there. Miami was just there and Georgia Tech has been out there twice recently as well (and may not even reach 6-6).

Last edited:
Let's go Hokies! I'll be watching tonight's game in DVR time, so probably not too many posts. and I'm heading to Laramie for he BSU game on Saturday, so won't be posting then either. and I have a hot date Friday, so don't expect to post during that game.

Pitt's definitely had Tech's number last several years. playing in a 1/2 empty NFL stadium is a wierd situation. hokie fan's not calling this one.

Our rushing D better be stout. the division championship becomes much easier with a Hokie win tonight (Duke, GT, UVA left holding tie break over UNC, Miami and Pitt).

On the subject of division championships: I'm not happy about the ACCCG moving from CLT over the H1B deal. things were lining up nicely for a NC trip for both the game and Warren Haynes' Christmas Jam in Asheville. first world problems.

Further on the subject of division championships, the Buffs are in first!

But, Go Hokies! Go Badgers! see you Buffs on Sunday, I guess.

Last edited:
How cool would it be if Wyo beat Boise?

Boise has much more talent but they struggled against CSU. Wyo started the season badly but Bohl is a very good coach. Would be an upset but wouldn't be shocking.

How cool would it be if Wyo beat Boise?
That would be epic. WYO will try to control the game with with Brian Hill, but Boise does have a lot of talent. Pokes are tough at home. It took two onside recoveries for CSU to even be in the game at Boise.

I see us still competing with Cal for a lot of recruits. Until that stops, I want them beaten badly. USC still has to play UW. That's a game I don't want to miss.

Cal beating USC would give us some breathing room for the south though. Really is a win win for CU fans.

Go Cal. We need SC to blow one they shouldn't and not be looking to Washington to do our dirty work for us. Classic trap for the Trojans tonight though.

Lets have our cake/eat it too. Webb goes 19-43 with 4 INTs, but Cal wins on a punt return with 1:55 left in the 4th Qtr...

2.5 hours to kickoff. getting harder to focus on work. Go Hokies!!!!!

Back