What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 11/1-11/4

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Here comes the weeeekend! Nope, not quite the same as “Here comes Ralphie.”

If you can’t wait we have a Wednesday night game with Western Michigan looking for their 6th win playing Central Michigan at 4-4.

Thursday gives us 5-2 Navy at 3-5 Temple, Navy playing for bowl eligibility.

Friday again has a big PAC12 game. UCLA goes to Utah, both 4-4, loser may struggle to make the post-season.

Saturday gives us a bunch of fun games with impact on the rankings.

Always a battle when #5 Oklahoma plays at #11 Oklahoma State. Huge rivalry game.

Coming off a loss #7 Pedo State visits #24 Michigan State, hope for a losing streak for the Lions.
After beating Penn State #6 Ohio State travels to unranked but tough 5-3 Iowa.

#15 Iowa State has surprised the nation beating ranked teams on their way to the rankings. This week they play unranked but potent 5-3 West Virginia.

Best match up of the day may be #13 Virginia Tech at #10 Miami.

Another worth seeing could be #4 Clemson at #20 North Carolina State.

Much less competitive is likely to be #19 LSU at #2 Alabama.

In the PAC12 we have two big games involving teams hoping to stay in the top 25

#25 Washington State is favored hosting #21 Stanford and #17 USC host #22 Arizona in the battle of teams that are likely to do anything good or bad. I wouldn’t bet somebody else’s money on either team.

If you like watching Texas lose you will probably enjoy #8 TCU beating them this weekend. Also in the teams we like to see lose the fuskers have a good chance to fall to 4-5 against a decent Northwestern squad.

If Tennessee loses to Southern Miss they may fire Butch before he gets to the locker room. Lots of Tennessee fans would be happy to fire him right now and it looks like the school is looking for cause not to pay him. Fun to follow if you aren’t a Vols fan.

We know how pathetic Baylor is morally. Now we get an indication of how bad they are as a football team being 7.5 point underdogs to Kansas, yes you read that right Kansas. Not Kansas State, not Kentucky. When was the last time Kansas was favored by over a touchdown against anyone with a pulse?

Locally a huge game with Air Force welcoming in Army. Army is much improved at 6-2 but 4-4 Air Force has played a much tougher schedule and is favored by close to a TD.

Another rivalry game has CSU at a tough Wyoming team that has only lost to two P5 teams and Boise.

Northern Colorado tries to put a positive note on a disappointing season at Sacramento State.

Busy week for the local small schools.

Mesa and Pueblo stay on top of the standings with one loss each. Mesa has 8 conference wins to Pueblo’s 7 but that loss was to Pueblo who has played one less game.

This week Mesa goes to South Dakota Mines and Pueblo travels to Dixie State.

muck_fiami_womens_tank_top.jpg

Its only Wednesday of Miami week, but ive already lost focus on anything except football.

Last edited:
LSU is really overrated. I think they fall out of the rankings with a blowout loss.

Interesting game tonight. Temple has struggled this season but they are playing well against a Navy team that is 5-2 leading 17-6 at half.

So far it looks like the win goes to whichever team does less dumb ****. Each team burned 2 timeouts in Q1 to avoid delays of game. Utah up 7-0 because UCLA fumbled a punt inside its 20.

This is bad football.

Utah now beating UCLA by 14 thanks to a blown coverage. Who does less with their talent in the PAC than UCLA?

Why is bedlam happening this week?

Am I misremembering, or didn't that used to be last game of the year?

I'm trying to figure out the logic of scheduling it now instead of later (like it used to be, right?), and I can't come up with a good reason, unless you have enough hubris to think that both could get a playoff and/or new year's bowl game by playing it earlier.

While the big xii is full of themselves, we're not talking about UT for this game, so don't think they're so deluded as to think that. Which would mean that they should know that whichever team wins, they'd get a big win right before the championship game (remember, they have one this year), and then the championship game.

And I just talked myself into the answer: the big xii put ****ty games in the last week so that the championship game doesn't end up being a rematch from the week before. This is why conferences with fewer than 12 teams and no separate divisions shouldn't be allowed to have championship games...

Why is bedlam happening this week?

Am I misremembering, or didn't that used to be last game of the year?

I'm trying to figure out the logic of scheduling it now instead of later (like it used to be, right?), and I can't come up with a good reason, unless you have enough hubris to think that both could get a playoff and/or new year's bowl game by playing it earlier.

While the big xii is full of themselves, we're not talking about UT for this game, so don't think they're so deluded as to think that. Which would mean that they should know that whichever team wins, they'd get a big win right before the championship game (remember, they have one this year), and then the championship game.

And I just talked myself into the answer: the big xii put ****ty games in the last week so that the championship game doesn't end up being a rematch from the week before. This is why conferences with fewer than 12 teams and no separate divisions shouldn't be allowed to have championship games...
I think the Big 12 thought they were the 2 best teams and didn’t want Bedlam to be meaningless... which it would be if they re-matched the following week in the championship game regardless of outcome. Major issue of not having divisions but having a CCG.

Concussion last week. Didn't even make the trip to Utah.

Didn't know that.

Between that and the fUCLA defense pretty much not playing for **** on the second half, this looks like it is going to be an easy second half for the Yoots.

Good job getting rid of that targeting.

Dude still speared that receiver, though.

Great way to paralyze yourself.

Back