What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 11/17-11/19

If we win our next two, but lose the CCG to UW, does USC get the Rose Bowl nod? Benefit of not making the CCG and risking another loss. I hope not, but possible if they crush UCLA.
Only way that happens is if our loss to #5 or #6 drops us below what ever rank USC ends up at.

If we win our next two, but lose the CCG to UW, does USC get the Rose Bowl nod? Benefit of not making the CCG and risking another loss. I hope not, but possible if they crush UCLA.
Depends on if the committee values our very strong resume and division title over the head to head against USC. They normally factor in injuries so...who knows.

Only way that happens is if our loss to #5 or #6 drops us below what ever rank USC ends up at.
Depends on if the committee values our very strong resume and division title over the head to head against USC. They normally factor in injuries so...who knows.
They're 3 spots behind us now with 2 very winnable games left. We would move up by winning the next two, but in the scenario I described we'd be 10-3 having lost our last game (albeit in the CCG) while USC would be 9-3 and one of the hottest teams in college football. I can see the committee vaulting a hot USC team ahead of us. I hope not, I really want to see this team in the Rose Bowl.

They're 3 spots behind us now with 2 very winnable games left. We would move up by winning the next two, but in the scenario I described we'd be 10-3 having lost our last game (albeit in the CCG) while USC would be 9-3 and one of the hottest teams in college football. I can see the committee vaulting a hot USC team ahead of us. I hope not, I really want to see this team in the Rose Bowl.
...and beat us, no matter how explainable, they beat us.

It is very concerning, yes.

Doesn't mean much since Wyoming knocked Boise out of the race for the G5 bowl spot but Boise beating up on UNLV. Rebels have a lot of injuries but would have trouble with Boise if they were healthy.

Boyzee 21 UNLV 10 3rd
MWC is a joke, Boyzee would be a bottom tier team in a P5 conference, the rest would be Homecoming opponents.

Doesn't mean much since Wyoming knocked Boise out of the race for the G5 bowl spot but Boise beating up on UNLV. Rebels have a lot of injuries but would have trouble with Boise if they were healthy.

Boise retakes control of that division if San Diego State wins in Laramie. Not that farfetched. I'd hate to be the power 5 team in the Cotton Bowl.

Boise did beat Washington State and Oregon State this year so I wouldn't dismiss them but no they wouldn't stand up to P5 offensive and defensive lines over a season.

The MWC has arguably been the best of the G5 conferences in recent years but this year top to bottom the league is weak.

That Houston team we saw last night would blow out Boise.

Memphis wins at Cincinnati, 34-7. Cincy now 4-7 (1-6 in AAC). Tuberville likely done as the coach there. I'm sure Bohn won't tolerate that program slipping further and will make a great hire.
Cincy is a BB school, he'll probably hang around for another year or 3.

Boise did beat Washington State and Oregon State this year so I wouldn't dismiss them but no they wouldn't stand up to P5 offensive and defensive lines over a season.

The MWC has arguably been the best of the G5 conferences in recent years but this year top to bottom the league is weak.

Before the AAC surpassed the MWC several years ago, I'd agree. Since losing TCU and Utah, the MWC hasn't been all that good. Boise State is really good, San Diego State to a lesser extent, and then Air Force is probably the next best program. Fresno State falling apart really hurt.

Boise retakes control of that division if San Diego State wins in Laramie. Not that farfetched. I'd hate to be the power 5 team in the Cotton Bowl.

They can win the league but getting to the major bowl game is gone, Best they can do is Las Vegas Bowl.
The G5 Spot in a major is likely to be Western Michigan. If they stumble then an American Athletic team.

They can win the league but getting to the major bowl game is gone, Best they can do is Las Vegas Bowl.
The G5 Spot in a major is likely to be Western Michigan. If they stumble then an American Athletic team.

Wasn't Boise ahead of WMU on Tuesday? My understanding is that only has to be a conference winner.

Cotton Bowl with 3,000 Western Michigan fans in attendance should be fun

I think we'd almost get a bigger bang for our buck recruiting wise if we played Oklahoma in the Alamo Bowl.....Seems like Arizona has struggled since they were in that spot two years ago.

I was and to a certain extent still am a believer in the whole 'G5 schools would wear down over a full P5 conference schedule' theory, but you have to admit - Utah and TCU made the jump relatively seamlessly.

I was and to a certain extent still am a believer in the whole 'G5 schools would wear down over a full P5 conference schedule' theory, but you have to admit - Utah and TCU made the jump relatively seamlessly.

Right. So someone saying that they'd be a good team that goes somewhere in the 7-9 win range instead of willing 10-12 is correct and backed up by precedent. It's the folks who think that a top G5 program would either be the conference champ or cellar dweller of a P5 who are the idots. For example, if the Pac-12 expanded to a Pac-14 through Boise State (North) and San Diego State (South), we'd be adding two quality bowl teams that would not be meeting in the Pac-12 Championship.

Obviously a biased opinion, but this program's 2016 is a lot less flukey than Arizona's 2014.

I think we'd almost get a bigger bang for our buck recruiting wise if we played Oklahoma in the Alamo Bowl.....Seems like Arizona has struggled since they were in that spot two years ago.
vi v

That graphic is cool and all, but Clemson, Louisville and WVU shouldn't be on there.

Central Michigan did not really beat Okie Lite. The game ended with Okie Lite ahead. Central Michigan won the one play extra game the refs had them play.

That graphic is cool and all, but Clemson, Louisville and WVU shouldn't be on there.

Central Michigan did not really beat Okie Lite. The game ended with Okie Lite ahead. Central Michigan won the one play extra game the refs had them play.

They lost.

But if they hadn't;

Louisville lost to Clemson who lost to Pittsburgh who lost to Virginia Tech who lost to Syracuse who lost to Notre Dame who lost to Michigan State who lost to Northwestern or Illinois who both lost to Western Michigan.

WVU lost to Oklahoma State who lost to Baylor who lost to Oklahoma who lost Ohio State who lost to Penn State who lost to Pittsburgh who lost to Virginia Tech who lost to Syracuse who lost to Notre Dame who lost to Michigan State who lost to Northwestern or Illinois who both lost to Western Michigan.

You are saying CMU lost because they were incorrectly granted another down? Seems like a legitimate win in my book.

Back