What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 8/31-9/3

Instead of any actual penalties against the alabama program, the ncaa decided to recognize an uncommonly used ranking algo just to put a splinter under bama’s fingertip. The golden knights had a lovely season. Their championship was not done as a recognition of their excellence. It was simply done to spite the most dominant program in the sport.
Check yourself there. Did the NCAA 'recognize' (a.la. ND State's), or did they 'mention' UCF's championship (a.la. Alabama's)?

UCF was the rightful champ last year. Beat several very good teams, and beat the team that beat both title contenders. UCF isn't making themselves look dumb. A lot of people think their claim is valid because it is.

No, they beat a couple of very good teams and a bunch of stale meatloaf.

Their wins were FIU, Maryland (one of the worst P5 schools,) Memphis (good G5 school,) Cincinnati, UCF, Navy, Austin Peay?, SMU, South Florida (barely,) Memphis (again,) and a disinterested Auburn team (barely)

Not exactly what I would call several very good teams, more like a bunch of teams in demand by the SEC for OOC walk-overs.

I guess close wins count less now?

BTW, to downplay UCF's win over Auburn is silly. They may have jumped out early on a "disinterested" Auburn team in the first half, but it was tied going into the 4th quarter with both team invested in winning. Auburn just got beat.

I guess close wins count less now?

BTW, to downplay UCF's win over Auburn is silly. They may have jumped out early on a "disinterested" Auburn team in the first half, but it was tied going into the 4th quarter with both team invested in winning. Auburn just got beat.

I give them credit for that win. Auburn is a talented team.

The rest of that schedule though. GMAFB.

This is the same garbage as when people were claiming that Boise should be the champion for running over a bunch of WAC/MWC teams.

Yes the system isn't perfect but if they want to be taken seriously as champs they have to do better than that.

I give them credit for that win. Auburn is a talented team.

The rest of that schedule though. GMAFB.

This is the same garbage as when people were claiming that Boise should be the champion for running over a bunch of WAC/MWC teams.

Yes the system isn't perfect but if they want to be taken seriously as champs they have to do better than that.

You gave them credit in the most backhanded way possible.

Boise routinely schedules P5 teams. If they go undefeated, they should be in the conversation.

Given your handwringing over any mention of expanding the playoff, your definition of who should be champs amounts to about two teams a year.

You gave them credit in the most backhanded way possible.

Boise routinely schedules P5 teams. If they go undefeated, they should be in the conversation.

Given your handwringing over any mention of expanding the playoff, your definition of who should be champs amounts to about two teams a year.

They shouldn't be in though. The only G5 in the playoff era who had a realistic shot was 2016 Houston until they dropped a game.

I don't disagree-but I don't think they deserve a spot in the playoff if they go 13-0 unless we have multiple Power 5 leagues with 2 loss champions.
This thinking is why there are still going to be other teams getting recognition as champs...which I'm fine with.

Playoff is a cash grab more than anything else.

NMSU up on Minny in the 2nd 10-7.

EDIT: Check that ... Minny just scored a TD, 14-10.

Watching Weber State at Utah.

Weber is now up 3-0 after a Utah turn over failing to catch a punt.

Hard to say much based on the competition but Utah looks like they have some talent on the lines. Not really sharp in terms of executing their offense.

Weber now up 10-0 on Utah.

INT return to the three then QB walked in on a keeper. Utah looked almost disinterested.

Utah doesn't wake up and this could get very embarrassing.

Back