What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/7-9/9

I would be pretty shocked. That said, I could see CSU covering and making it a somewhat close game.

Most years I would agree with you. CSU in the past has been able to pick themselves up at home and play tough.

This year though they have a couple things going against them. One is that they have lost a lot of talent that hasn't been replaced at the same level. They just are not a very good team.

The other is that last week very early on they looked like a team that had lost their belief that they could win, they looked like a team that was emotionally beaten. They looked like Bobo has lost the team.

Unless he can turn that around in one week they are going to be in trouble from the start. Even if he gets them back they are going to be fragile. Arky has some athletes and sooner than later they are going to make some plays. How much will it take by the razorbacks before CSU starts thinking "Here we go again."

I guess my thing is that I'm not sure if Arkansas can throw the ball. I can see CSU forcing them into a track meet at altitude and pulling an upset here.

CSU should be avoiding track meets at all costs, no? I would be bleeding clock hoping to grind Arky down in the second half.

I think that a lightning strike within a certain mileage radius causes a half hour delay then each new one is another half hour.

I never remember having this many lightning delays, it is becoming a real problem.

With the cost involved in broadcast rights as well as angry ticketholders something is going to change. How soon until they start installing systems of lightning rods and nets in stadiums to allow them to play through the storms.

I never remember having this many lightning delays, it is becoming a real problem.

With the cost involved in broadcast rights as well as angry ticketholders something is going to change. How soon until they start installing systems of lightning rods and nets in stadiums to allow them to play through the storms.

Nets?

Should be possible to design and install a set of wires or conductive nets over a stadium that would provide an effective barrier to a lightning strike passing through to the crowd or the field below. Essentially what they would be doing is installing a series of horizontal lightning rods.

The engineers would have to determine the appropriate materials, configuration, and distance between the conducting wires but there are already people working on those questions. I know that the department of defense has developed and installed some systems to protect some critical and sensitive installations from lightning strikes.

It wouldn't be cheap but considering the money they invest in building stadiums and the cost involved in delays and cancellations I think something like this is inevitable.

I'm thinking Ohio State isn't going to need Urban for these first 3 games.

Should be possible to design and install a set of wires or conductive nets over a stadium that would provide an effective barrier to a lightning strike passing through to the crowd or the field below. Essentially what they would be doing is installing a series of horizontal lightning rods.

The engineers would have to determine the appropriate materials, configuration, and distance between the conducting wires but there are already people working on those questions. I know that the department of defense has developed and installed some systems to protect some critical and sensitive installations from lightning strikes.

It wouldn't be cheap but considering the money they invest in building stadiums and the cost involved in delays and cancellations I think something like this is inevitable.

Good luck in getting those installed at more than a handful of stadiums. Cost will be prohibitive for most programs.

I guess my thing is that I'm not sure if Arkansas can throw the ball. I can see CSU forcing them into a track meet at altitude and pulling an upset here.

If anything Arkansas had trouble running the ball last week but they threw the ball well, albeit against an FCS team. And CSU's defense has been very FCS-like these first 2 weeks.

Good luck in getting those installed at more than a handful of stadiums. Cost will be prohibitive for most programs.

Initially yes but as they design and install more the cost goes down.

How much does the cancellation of one game cost in Lincoln? Even in a lower end P5 program like Iowa State?

Most Mtn post ever.

Screen_Shot_2018_09_06_at_8.36.33_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2018_09_06_at_8.39.43_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2018_09_06_at_8.42.08_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2018_09_06_at_8.46.09_AM.png

I wouldn't be surprised if CSU won.

And that would be a good thing for CU. A dominant win in Lincoln + a CSU win might put us into the Top 25.
I would be.

CSU is awful. They are staring 0-12 square in the face. Who is the worst team (other than CSU) in the MWC? I honestly don’t know. San Jose, maybe?
A lot of if-then yeah-but statements here (and it was mentioned briefly and summarily smacked down) - but WHAT IF CSU really isn't that bad, but Hawai'i is way better than expected... Where does that leave the Buffs?
Count me in the "maybe CSU can pull this one out" camp.

Western Michigan/Michigan interests me a little. Michigan’s OL looked really shaky last week and there are legitimate questions about whether the film being out on Don Brown has made their defense weaker. Seems like his aggressive blitzing is getting easier to pick up. Willing to give them the benefit of the doubt playing against a good Notre Dame team but they need to show some big time improvement if they plan on finally making the conference championship.

:ROFLMAO:

The athletic trainers are required to have lightning monitoring apps, it may have started last year. Real time distance from strikes and a minimum time to resume play.

Houston scores easily to go up 7-0 on Zona.

Michigan’s OL still in shambles, wtf is going on?

Edit: Feels like when Hoke was coach, penalties after TOs, weird play calling, etc.

Back