What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/7-9/9

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
Georgia at South Carolina and USC at Stanford are the only match ups between ranked teams this weekend. There are a couple of other interesting games, but not many.

I know this is during the CU-Nubs game but Iowa is playing at Iowa State.

Penn State at Pittsburgh.
Cal at BYU.
Michigan State at ASU.

And for you Bailor lovers, they play at UTSA.

did the conferences get together and decide to not compete with NFL for week 1 Thursday games or something?

Arky/csu total is 70. Wonder if that somehow falls into the high 60s making it worthy of a wager. Methinks csu get 20ish garbage time points after the razorbacks run roughshod for 6 TDs against one of the worst teams in FBS football.

Auburn are 50.5 point favorites against Alabama State. Tigers can win by 50 and not cover. Let that sink in.

ASU are 6 point home dogs to sparty. P12 after dark = herm and the boys cover at home against a disjointed msu squad traveling to the desert.

I will post more wagering thoughts tomorrow as team totals get posted.

Mississippi State plays at Kansas State with that 10 am MT start on ESPN. Could be a decent one.

Arkansas is not good but they may get very healthy this week. CSU is bad and in shambles.

Arkansas may do what MM wasn't willing to do and put up a 60 or more.
If Storey gets hot, they could score 60-70.

Arky/csu total is 70. Wonder if that somehow falls into the high 60s making it worthy of a wager. Methinks csu get 20ish garbage time points after the razorbacks run roughshod for 6 TDs against one of the worst teams in FBS football.

Auburn are 50.5 point favorites against Alabama State. Tigers can win by 50 and not cover. Let that sink in.

ASU are 6 point home dogs to sparty. P12 after dark = herm and the boys cover at home against a disjointed msu squad traveling to the desert.

I like ASU too. Navy/Memphis over. Small Buffs position. Cocky. And Army.

Not quite buying ASU just yet. They jumped out big last week and the game was over about 20 minutes in. Wilkins can be careless with the football at times.

Arkansas seems like a team that could totally overlook CSU and sleepwalk through that game.

I don't think CSU can do much about it in terms of actually winning the game, but I'm not sure the over is a good play there. OTOH, Arky can probably sleepwalk the entire game and still cover.

Arkansas is not good but they may get very healthy this week. CSU is bad and in shambles.

Arkansas may do what MM wasn't willing to do and put up a 60 or more.
I am not sure Arky will take it's foot off the gas. The next two weeks could be really ugly for the goats.

I wouldn't be surprised if CSU won.
I would be.

CSU is awful. They are staring 0-12 square in the face. Who is the worst team (other than CSU) in the MWC? I honestly don’t know. San Jose, maybe?

I've never been hotter at 10:30 pm than I was in Tempe when we played them. maybe shouldn't have pool-partied for 4 hours prior

I am not sure Arky will take it's foot off the gas. The next two weeks could be really ugly for the goats.

Arkansas knows what they have ahead on their schedule. They may want an impressive win to ease the pain of what is coming.

MM not only took his foot off the gas he took the keys out of the ignition, CU had to try to not score. I doubt that the Arky coaching staff will be as courteous. They may be playing a lot of depth guys much of the second half but they will let those guys try to score and unless the depth of Arky is terrible they will score on the sheep.

Is this storm that's delaying the TCU/SMU game what is supposed to travel up to Nebraska tomorrow?

Saw today that the forecast for tomorrow in Lincoln doesn't include rain at game time.

upload_2018-9-7_19-41-28.png

May be that the storm that came in of the gulf went south instead of tracking to the north.

I wouldn't be surprised if CSU won.

And that would be a good thing for CU. A dominant win in Lincoln + a CSU win might put us into the Top 25.

I would be pretty shocked. That said, I could see CSU covering and making it a somewhat close game.

Is this storm that's delaying the TCU/SMU game what is supposed to travel up to Nebraska tomorrow?
I don't get the rule, if there is a bolt of lightning visible from the stadium is the game delayed hour after hour until they can't see it anymore?

I would be pretty shocked. That said, I could see CSU covering and making it a somewhat close game.
I guess my thing is that I'm not sure if Arkansas can throw the ball. I can see CSU forcing them into a track meet at altitude and pulling an upset here.

I don't get the rule, if there is a bolt of lightning visible from the stadium is the game delayed for hour after hour?
I think that a lightning strike within a certain mileage radius causes a half hour delay then each new one is another half hour.

Back