What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/7-9/9

I'm rooting for CSU at this point, but Arkansas is doing everything they can to not win this game.

Rams win here and either makes UH and us look really good or the little piggies look really, really bad. Pig souey may just be the worst SEC team.

Bizarre ending to the Kentucky Florida game. Kentucky returned a fumble that no one thought was a fumble. The guy stopped at the one yard line and eventually got in.

In all seriousness, that's the sad thing about that program. It looked like there were about 20, maybe 25 thousand people there.

Huge win for them.

Had they lost the next home game and the rest following probably would have had around 15. They needed a win to keep the fans they have around.

Between Kelly, Taggart and Mullen you have some high profile programs with freshly hired high profile coaches off to some absolutely shambolic starts.

Plus Fisher, Sumlin and Frost have also already lost a game.

In all seriousness, that's the sad thing about that program. It looked like there were about 20, maybe 25 thousand people there.
That's the thing- they don't seem to have enough fans that still come to the games after one or two bad losses. Hell, seems that even in the good years they have ****ty attendance on games that actually matter late in the season. I don't get it. They have a QB that's putting up pretty good numbers. Ft Collins is a pretty great town for alumni to visit; many of which live in Denver, and the school itself committed to football as big time as they could muster. I just don't understand their fanbase at all.

That's the thing- they don't seem to have enough fans that still come to the games after one or two bad losses. Hell, seems that even in the good years they have ****ty attendance on games that actually matter late in the season. I don't get it. They have a QB that's putting up pretty good numbers. Ft Collins is a pretty great town for alumni to visit; many of which live in Denver, and the school itself committed to football as big time as they could muster. I just don't understand their fanbase at all.
Their fanbase is the weak link.

I was at their game against Boise last year. It was for first place in the division. 25k there, tops, and at least 5k were Boise fans.

That was their Colorado flag unis night, too. There was literally no reason to not have a big crowd that night. They just didn't show.

Their fanbase is the weak link.
The only thing I can think of is that they live in such a CU-complex world that the lack of sustained success sucks the life out of their fans. I think a break from competition would do wonders for that stadium.

Back