What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 Coaching Carousel

June Jones on ASU's short list....

He'd make an excellent choice. He'd do really, really well there.

Damn. That sucks for us. The bar is about to be raised in this conference. I really hope JE is up to the challenge.

Damn. That sucks for us. The bar is about to be raised in this conference. I really hope JE is up to the challenge.

I don't know. Most of these guys whose names are being tossed out there, Leach, June Jones, Sumlin, all run fairly prolific, wide-open offenses. However, none of them are really known for having great defenses that I can recall, and their teams always seemed to be more finesse teams as opposed to physical teams. Now, we will definitely compete for some of the same athletes at the skill positions, but none of these guys are keeping me up at night.

slick officially gone!

"I was told that we need to move the needle and if the needle moved that we would be fine and I'd get to continue along my five years of my five-year contract," Neuheisel said. "We have won five conference games as opposed to three last year. We have won the right to represent the South in the conference championship. We've certainly had some unfortunate evenings where things haven't gone our way, but I think the program is headed in the right direction."

:cry: It's awful how they lied to Rick. He moved the goddamn needle!

Wasn't there a bunch of talk about Bellotti waiting for the ASU job last year when there was talk about CU being interested in him? To me that is the only hire that would make real noise in the P12. Leech, RichRod, Sumlin, Jones and Peterson are all interesting but I think Bellotti would instantly get the attention of other programs/coaches.

I don't know. Most of these guys whose names are being tossed out there, Leach, June Jones, Sumlin, all run fairly prolific, wide-open offenses. However, none of them are really known for having great defenses that I can recall, and their teams always seemed to be more finesse teams as opposed to physical teams. Now, we will definitely compete for some of the same athletes at the skill positions, but none of these guys are keeping me up at night.

The local sports guy last night on tv mentioned Mark Helfrich as on the list.

That does not fit the UCLA profile. $4 million? Really?

And I would love to see Peterson adjusting his recruiting from Boise standards to UCLA standards.

Their poor defenses may be a liability in the long run but they'll outscore the Buffs with ease unless we work a miracle overnight with our personnel.

Their poor defenses may be a liability in the long run but they'll outscore the Buffs with ease unless we work a miracle overnight with our personnel.

Touche. My line of thought though, is that these schools are not going to be immediate offensive juggernauts. Thus, by the time their offenses are installed and their players are in place, we will have had the chance to upgrade our personnel as well. Don't think UCLA or ASU are going to beat us any worse with Sumlin/Jones at the helm than what they already did this year.

That does not fit the UCLA profile. $4 million? Really?

And I would love to see Peterson adjusting his recruiting from Boise standards to UCLA standards.

4 mil in la is not that much. well, yes but when you take into account the cost of living in la say vs a city in alabama, ohio or other cities with high profile coaches making 3 to 5 million a year... a lot of that budget gets eaten up in just buying a house.

not that he will be in the poor house on the block but....

ESPN reporting Jack Del Rio is out in Jacksonville, so maybe another name to watch out for. He's a big USC guy, but may get looks from other Pac 12 schools.

ESPN reporting Jack Del Rio is out in Jacksonville, so maybe another name to watch out for. He's a big USC guy, but may get looks from other Pac 12 schools.

Has never worked at the college level, but they may have done him a favor here indeed by firing him now instead of early January, when most college positions will have been filled.

This surprises me. He was starting to get some momentum up there in Pullman, even if the record didn't show it. I thought he'd get more time.

p45_example.gif

Wazzu AD Moos (yes, that is his real name, not a commentary on his public speaking), specifically said Pirate Mike is on his short list...that would be great. ML would beat up on a weak OOC and go 4-5 or 3-6 every year in the P12. CU beat his teams pretty regularly, go ahead Wazzu, hire Mike, we've seen his gig...it isn't anything special.

Pirate and recruiting California should be interesting. He would compete with us for texas guys, but I think he will be rudely surprised at the difficulty in getting them up to WSU.

^^^Recruiting to Wazzu is not easy, all the good players in the NW want to go to Oregon, UW, OSU and WSU in that order of preference. When they had success, Price was pulling guys from Cali that had academic, legal problems that made them less desirable for the other P10 schools. Given the fact the P12 is two schools larger now, that will be even harder as UU and CU are more attractive than Pullman...I mean have you ever been to Pullman? The place makes Ames IA look like a garden spot. Wazzu under Price was sort of the KjSU of the P12, Leach is, oddly enough, very interested in his guys getting degrees and graduating, he will have a tough time in the Palouse.

Back