What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 countdown

June 28th - 3 days to go to the Pac-12 ...

Buffs who have worn the No. 3

S Rashidi Barnes
QB Darian Hagan
S Donnell Leomiti
CB Jimmy Smith

I'd lean toward Jimmy Smith if it wasn't for all of his off-field issues.

I'm kidding Jimmy, we all support you here in Buffland!

Look, I'd like to pester D3H about this endlessly, but let's just come out and say it: Darian Hagan. It turns out he had a pretty good record as QB.

Slim Picken wore #3???? Then I'm going with him!

He didn't? Ok, then I guess I'll take DH.

I thought Slim Pickens was the old #6.

"Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one."
"Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a-whompin' and a-whumpin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life."

Actually, I think the old #6 should be CU's gameplan.

Last edited:

"Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a-whompin' and a-whumpin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life."

It's one of my favorite lines in any movie ever. Well, it's in my top 100, and that's really saying something!

Does this mean you're not taking an Allbuffs break?

Well lets see...

28-5-2 as a starter
3 Conference championships
2 Time All Big 8
Played for 2 National Titles
6th Player to run and pass for 1,000 yards
1 of 2 CU players to rush and pass for over 2,000 yards
20-0-1 vs the Big 8

Simply the best triple option qb ever.

There probably isn't a more obvious choice in this little "competition" of ours. Other than #24 and #11, which were retired, #3 holds a very special place amongst most Buff fans.

:rofl:Repworthy!

Well lets see...

28-5-2 as a starter
3 Conference championships
2 Time All Big 8
Played for 2 National Titles
6th Player to run and pass for 1,000 yards
1 of 2 CU players to rush and pass for over 2,000 yards
20-0-1 vs the Big 8

Simply the best triple option qb ever.

You forgot the first Big 8 QB to rush and pass for over 1,000 yards in a season

It's one of my favorite lines in any movie ever. Well, it's in my top 100, and that's really saying something!

Does this mean you're not taking an Allbuffs break?

What can I say? I have to have some type of diversion from reading FERC briefs. Besides, isn't this where all the naval aviators hang out with the lawyers and oil men? So much for CU being a bastion of hippies!

Allbuffs mission statement.

What can I say? I have to have some type of diversion from reading FERC briefs. Besides, isn't this where all the naval aviators hang out with the lawyers and oil men? So much for CU being a bastion of hippies!

I had to google FERC. Interesting. Maybe?

Ok thanks, I couldn't remember the relation, but knew they all were.

One of my fondest memories was meeting and getting Dick Anderson's autograph. I have met, known, and am even friends with a lot of former buffs. The highlight of the ones I've met was Dick Anderson.

We were at Misty's, which is a big sports bar in Lincoln the night before the 94 CU/NU game. This place is a huge draw for fans the night before the game. The band comes through and everybody goes wild.
There were a good number of buff fans, and my dad (being a former player himself), pointed out a table and told me that a Super bowl champion was sitting at it. It was Dick Anderson. I went over and had him sign a Misty's paper placemat, which I still have to this day. That was the highlight of that trip because the next day was a nightmare.:bang:

Holy Sh!t... I was there that night as well!

June 29th - 2 days to go to the Pac-12 ...

Buffs who have worn the No. 2

RB Brian Calhoun
SE Lance Carl
RB Hugh Charles
CB Deon Figures
RB JJ Flannigan
RB Richard Johnson
WR James Kidd
WR Marcus Stiggers

Gotta go with Deon in a great group of guys. Thorpe winner and picked off the pass to seal the national championship.

Back