What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Why do people believe CU is going to invest in a winning football program?

halloween smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon

By the same guy who thinks Dorrell is the best coach in the country?

The dude is now leaning toward the "Being a Rammie Troll" option as I posted a few weeks back. Let's watch and find out what happens next, shall we...
Watching Luc Besson GIF

The dude is now leaning toward the "Being a Rammie Troll" option as I posted a few weeks back. Let's watch and find out what happens next, shall we...
Watching Luc Besson GIF
Hes a clown.. If he's got a plan or has some massive wad of cash he's donating he'd have announced that on twitter already.

What are the odds that the “integral piece” just happens to not get done? “Oh, we were totally going to announce this totally awesome thing that was going to help put CU back in the national map, but it all depended on this one guy who flaked on us”.
Sounds like Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter.

What are the odds that the “integral piece” just happens to not get done? “Oh, we were totally going to announce this totally awesome thing that was going to help put CU back in the national map, but it all depended on this one guy who flaked on us”.
Sounds like Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter.
He was looking for a lawyer on Twitter several weeks back.

He was looking for a lawyer on Twitter several weeks back.
Also a web developer. It's clear there are a few individuals who have gotten behind starting a collective. How much it's initially funded with and what kind of deals they create are going to determine if this just puts them on the same playing field as the other middling programs, or if it will truly make a difference.

Also a web developer. It's clear there are a few individuals who have gotten behind starting a collective. How much it's initially funded with and what kind of deals they create are going to determine if this just puts them on the same playing field as the other middling programs, or if it will truly make a difference.

How does an entrepreneur not have these connections?

CU is relegated to the Big12 or Pac10 for now. The point is that CU must choose to invest in and make football a priority over the next 5-10 years in an attempt to be included in one of the P2 conferences when the dust finally settles. Becoming a program that routinely garners 1m+ viewers per game will likely do that.
CU needs to put a business plan together with clearly defined goals and how they will achieve them if they were to receive a significant increase in revenue.

This plan has to be focused on the two revenue sports. But it may also include a plan to add sports. CU needs a vision and they need to sell it. Which is why we’re screwed.

CU needs to put a business plan together with clearly defined goals and how they will achieve them if they were to receive a significant increase in revenue.

This plan has to be focused on the two revenue sports. But it may also include a plan to add sports. CU needs a vision and they need to sell it. Which is why we’re screwed.
If CU only had a B School that could help....

I'm generally curious why some of you are actually so worked up about this?
A collective, as assumed by many, needs to be well organized. Maybe this guy is. Or isn’t. Maybe it’s a collective or not. Would be great if it is a well organized, properly funded collective.

Creating and articulating a clear vision isn’t really that difficult. Just saying “I have a vision” doesn’t mean you have one.
One thing for certain: They need a dramatic increase in the coaching salary coffers.

I don't know if I want the guy who tweeted Dorrell is the best coach in the country anywhere near the start of an NIL collective.

I don't know if I want the guy who tweeted Dorrell is the best coach in the country anywhere near the start of an NIL collective.
That bothered me too. I'm all for extreme positivity when selling people on a vision or opportunity. But that was hyperbolic to the point where it undermines credibility.

In other words, I'd have been more than fine with saying "CU has the right coach to lead the program back to elite status" even if I don't agree with the sentiment. But making a statement that equates to "Dorrell > Saban" makes me react by thinking the person is either delusional, trolling or selling snake oil.

One thing for certain: They need a dramatic increase in the coaching salary coffers.
Why do you say this? As I recall, our budget for coaches is middle is the pack and throwing more money at mediocre coaches doesn’t make them elite.

Back