What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Media Days (July 26-27)

Cause Vegas' college football atmosphere is so much better?
Have you been to the Pac-12 Tournament? Vegas is an easy and cheap travel destination for just about everyone in the conference. That stadium will be much better attended in Vegas which would result in a better atmosphere.

Have you been to the Pac-12 Tournament? Vegas is an easy and cheap travel destination for just about everyone in the conference. That stadium will be much better attended in Vegas which would result in a better atmosphere.
I have, and aside from when Zona plays, the stadium is usually not full. Also, the atmosphere was great because 12 teams and 12 fan bases were in attendance. I've also been to a bowl game in Vegas, and the atmosphere sucked.

I have, and aside from when Zona plays, the stadium is usually not full. Also, the atmosphere was great because 12 teams and 12 fan bases were in attendance. I've also been to a bowl game in Vegas, and the atmosphere sucked.
I don't know if I would equate an exhibition game between a MWC team and a Pac-12 team with a conference championship game.

Larry Scott seems very excited about this football season. Said it's looking like the year that it's all coming together with both a ton of depth of quality teams along with elite teams that are legit national title contenders (mentioned USC and Washington specifically).

Big difference between a bowl game between crap teams at UNLV's stadium and a Pac-12 championship game which probably determines the playoff team right off the strip.

And I think you are comparing the early games in the Pac-12 tournament (which still have a solid atmosphere) and not the semi's and final games which do well with or without Zona.

I don't know if I would equate an exhibition game between a MWC team and a Pac-12 team with a conference championship game.

Big difference between a bowl game between crap teams at UNLV's stadium and a Pac-12 championship game which probably determines the playoff team right off the strip.

And I think you are comparing the early games in the Pac-12 tournament (which still have a solid atmosphere) and not the semi's and final games which do well with or without Zona.
Fair enough, I just don't think Vegas is some football mecca that is going to have this electric atmosphere far beyond what the new LA stadium could produce. I'm all for it being in Vegas, though, for obvious reasons.

Fair enough, I just don't think Vegas is some football mecca that is going to have this electric atmosphere far beyond what the new LA stadium could produce. I'm all for it being in Vegas, though, for obvious reasons.
I don't think anybody is expecting a neutral site CCG to be as electric as a home game would be, but I believe it would be better in Vegas than it is in LA.

Mentioned the conference will continue to look at OTT options, (Youtube, Sling, CenturyLink Stream, Twitter Plus, etc.) That was about it though.

They'll continue to look at at...meanwhile the BTN announced they are going to be on nearly every streaming platform available the other day. Doesn't make any sense unless they are continuing to be hamstrung by a bad contract that they signed with the cable companies to get their initial carriage deal.

I don't think anybody is expecting a neutral site CCG to be as electric as a home game would be, but I believe it would be better in Vegas than it is in LA.
LA would definitely be better if USC or UCLA were in it, that would be an electric atmosphere but I think Vegas/Glendale provide a more consistent atmosphere not dependent on certain teams making it. And anything is better than Levi's at 6pm local time on a friday night.

Any bets that Texas State or UNC will have 15 minute halftimes? Next wave of construction booms would be more bathrooms and concession stands.

MacIntyre talking about how CU doesn't have pedigree in the Pac-12 yet. Said other programs may have dipped, but they have earned that pedigree. With CU, he said that they have to do it back-to-back-to-back to earn that and can't be a one hit wonder. Paraphrasing: "Do we have the talent? Yes. Do we have the attitude? Yes. Now we need to go out there and do it, not just talk about it."

MacIntyre talking about how CU doesn't have pedigree in the Pac-12 yet. Said other programs may have dipped, but they have earned that pedigree. With CU, he said that they have to do it back-to-back-to-back to earn that and can't be a one hit wonder. Paraphrasing: "Do we have the talent? Yes. Do we have the attitude? Yes. Now we need to go out there and do it, not just talk about it."
sandbaggers-you-sandbagging-son-of-a-bitch.jpg

Back