What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 officiating is enough to make me want to puke

This would’ve been a much better thread if it were a general discussion about targeting penalties, the inconsistent application, and whether the penalty is too severe. It is not a Pac 12 issue, not even a sole college FB issue.

Personally, I would refine the rule to be similar to running into the kicker versus roughing the kicker.

New penalty would be:
1. Helmet to helmet tackle - 15 yards, automatic first down
2. Helmet to helmet with targeting, as above with ejection as currently imposed

Latter penalty would be clear head hunting. Yes, there would still be interpretation involved, but it would better.

I don't know where to start and wouldn't know where to end

Yes, this seems to exclude a ball carrier from the rule.

That is how the NCAA has explained it when asked. If you called it on the ball carrier then half the runs between tackle would be targeting on the RB as they try to force their way through holes.

I can also imagine you and our other legal pros on this board making an argument using this copied from @MiamiBuffs posted rule.
for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball.

Specifically the rule talks about legal tackle, legal block, or playing the ball. Don't see a thing about carrying the ball there.

I like turtles.

mmct2-600x306.jpg

Back